• Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Won a Competition
Theme-Forge says

Hi

Today my first theme got rejected with the following notice:
Unfortunately your submission Instinct – Multipurpose WordPress Theme isn’t quite ready for ThemeForest and requires significant improvements and changes before it can be resubmitted and reconsidered.

Additionally, we have some extra feedback for you:

Unfortunately, we are unable to accept this file as it’s too conceptually similar to other files on the marketplace. We have a lot of similar files and so you need to work on making this file more unique by utilizing different fonts, styles and tweaking the general layout in order to make it more original.

Try to make your template’s design more unique. Attention to detail and unique graphic styles will help increase your template’s design value and increase its ability to be approved. A unique design will be always a key factor for approval.

I know it’s frustrating to be rejected citing uniqueness but recently, we’ve gotten a large number of template with the same overall features and presentation and we have to draw the line somewhere.

I think we’re reached a point of saturation. At this point, we’re only looking for unique variations of this design: for another one to be approved it would have to have a couple of unique touches and features that differentiate it from what’s already available and definitely be of higher quality.

I am offering 3 different Skins with this theme. It will take me much time to change all themestyles especially if I don’t know whether all skins need to be adjusted or maybe just a single one.

What do you guys think? Does only one skin look too similar to other themes or the theme in general?

The “featured boxes” (3 boxes below the slider in skin 1 and 2) can be opened on klicking on the more button—> I have not seen this in other themes before.

Sure the logo looks similar to other themes however in my opinion customers are not buying a logo psd file but a theme.

Concerning the fonts: I love PT Sans and Open Sans should I use different fonts though just because other themes used this font before?

I have put a lot of time and work into this project and the answer is a copy / paste text from themeforest with quite no usable content.

Its definitely not going to be a happy New Year’s eve today.

LINK TO THEME

2203 posts
  • Argentina
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Envato Studio (Microlancer) Beta Tester
manuelvega says

Really a good job , but I think these themes are very generic , generic themes with more quality are approved, this need better typography & colors , social icons looks old , this theme seems a bit out of date ..

66 posts
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Netherlands
  • Exclusive Author
SomniaThemes says

Hi Theme-Forge,

You should also check the HTML / CSS Validation errors :)

- In IE9 the text in the submenu looks wierd. Seems like the text is faster then the background color. - This is not HTML5 valid and not allowed. - ‘&’ should been escaped as &

Kind regards, SomniaThemes

66 posts
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Netherlands
  • Exclusive Author
SomniaThemes says

Hi Theme-Forge,

You should also check the HTML / CSS Validation errors :)

- In IE9 the text in the submenu looks wierd. Seems like the text is faster then the background color. - This is not HTML5 valid and not allowed. - ‘&’ should been escaped as &

Kind regards, SomniaThemes
..< /img >..

& should be: & amp ;

25 posts
  • Austria
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Won a Competition
Theme-Forge says

Thanks for the replies so far.

I would appreciate some more opinions on the design ( first impression, improvement suggestions).

The more feedback the better.

Happy new year to everyone.

27 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
EmpiricalThemes says

Getting rejected for uniqueness really does stink, because they are rejecting you for a design that really doesn’t have any problems. With the exception that there are others that look like it. What I would do is add some unique touches (obviously), like give the header and footer pockets unique shadows and slight curves.

However, the theme does have a few negative space problems. For example, the header logo section is too spaced, I recommend removing the social media icons from the top (because they are already located in the footer) and aligning the logo with the search box. Also, you have some typography issues. Like the font in the footer, it is quite difficult to read.

Good luck bud. Please keep me updated.

7 posts
  • Exclusive Author
Web-art says

I like your theme!

Specifically the “Spa demo” is well done and from my point of view definitely unique.

You know: beauty is in the eye of the beholder … or was it reviewer?

Good luck man!

15 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
DKSD says

I also don’t like the social icons, try different ones.

The calendar icon in the footer is quite invisible.

GL

1675 posts Multimedia Artistry
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
dnp_theme says

Improve typo, create your own unique graphics, social icons, etc. Using of the patterns is mostly to a minimal level and rarely on this level of almost distracting.

Forget about how best sellers look like, reinvent yourself and come with something innovative and unique.

Good luck.

by
by
by
by
by
by