Just want to give the awesome WordPress theme authors at Themeforest the heads up that we’re working hard to get Wp Updates on it’s feet.WP Updates was born out of the frustration of providing automatic updates to your premium WordPress theme and plugins. It has always been a clunky process until now. With WP Updates the process will look something like:
- Add a short snippet of code to your WordPress theme or plugin
- When a new version is ready, upload it at WP Updates
- Users using your theme/plugin can now auto update via WordPress
We really hope that some of you guys will find WP Updates useful and we would love to have you on board. So check it out and let us know what you think
Good idea, but I’m wondering…why would a developer pay a monthly price instead of implementing automatic updates himself? And I think TF already has a system for automatic updates as far as I know…
But anyway, that’s not a bad idea, I wish you good luck with it
You could implement auto updates yourself. But this takes the hassle out of it, makes it super simple and also provides you with analytics on how your updates are performing.
It sounds like TF is planning to provide/has provided this functionality, but that doesn’t mean you can’t opt to use our system. Also it means no tie ins and obviously provides non-TF authors the same functionality.
Are you checking the purchase code of the buyers when allowing them to update the theme?
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.