2580 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
ThemeProvince says

You just wanna hit 1000 posts :P lol

Bang! :D Actually I just noticed that haha.

381 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+6 more
redfactory says

I have an idea of how to easily integrate unlimited sidebars ill update this thread if it works :)

I have that in my themes too. I let users create new sidebars in the theme settings (just names which are put in an array). Then in the functions.php I loop through those names to create sidebars with those names. Then on a page (admin panel) I add a custom field with those same names in a dropdown. In the sidebar.php file I then read which sidebar was selected on the current page, and I load up that specific sidebar :)

I hope this makes any sence. I have this in my Restaurant theme, and also in my upcoming minimalistic theme. Works like a charm :)

EDIT : btw, I misread your lead-post. I thought you were trying to get a list of widgets in a sidebar ;)

137 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
Graphitizer says

I have that in my themes too. I let users create new sidebars in the theme settings (just names which are put in an array). Then in the functions.php I loop through those names to create sidebars with those names. Then on a page (admin panel) I add a custom field with those same names in a dropdown. In the sidebar.php file I then read which sidebar was selected on the current page, and I load up that specific sidebar :)

You just made my day :D I was trying to get it done but had no clue.

Thanks,

579 posts Themes and Graphics
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has referred 50+ members
+9 more
Bebel says

We had a similar approach, but we enhanced it a bit and saved the sidebars in a custom array in the wordpress database (get_option() stuff – with our settings-wrapper :P). Like this, we are unlimited in our possibilities. For example, we added a “style” key to the array and are now possible to load different styles for each sidebar.

Just wanna spread ideas :)

381 posts
  • Has referred 500+ members
+6 more
redfactory says

We had a similar approach, but we enhanced it a bit and saved the sidebars in a custom array in the wordpress database (get_option() stuff – with our settings-wrapper :P). Like this, we are unlimited in our possibilities. For example, we added a “style” key to the array and are now possible to load different styles for each sidebar. Just wanna spread ideas :)

I like the idea of different styles for sidebars. I also save the array in the wp db, so that should be easy to add to my themes. Thanks for sharing :)

2580 posts Put a Donk On It
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
ThemeProvince says

Made my own unlimited sidebars. Wohoo.

by
by
by
by