2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
davidlettinga69 says

I can’t seem to get the carousel slider, not the featured slider to work. It shows my products but does not show the arrows or scroll.

This forum his hugley confusing and nobody seems to answer any questions on here. What is the deal with support for this product? Am i missing something? Why arent the answers displayed?

2301 posts Bird is the word..
  • Located in United States
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says

I’ll try and explain things best I can – Envato offer no support for products sold here on this ThemeForest marketplace that they own. They are simply a “middle-man” who own the site – authors come here, sign up and take a small test and then produce items for sale – they submit to the marketplace who review the items to ensure they are up to standard, coded correctly and work like they are supposed to.

Once a file is passed it becomes available for purchase by people such as yourselves at a micro price (getting a designer to design a new site with 8 pages, 5 color schemes, working contact form and full documentation then code up to standards and test in all browsers is simply worth thousands of dollars – designers here bank on it selling many, many times to even start to recoup the cost of their time and effort – then Envato take approx 60% of the sale price for themselves – so the author of that $30 file you bought may earn about $12 – less tax of approx $4 means they earned $8 for your $30 purchase – with this in mind Envato state in the rules that authors are not required to offer help / support or assistance, however all good authors here try our best to help with the simple stuff – alterations etc are different, but we want to ensure you have a great experience with our files.

OK so after all that, I have to ask, have you firstly contacted the author of the file via their profile page – it’s important you go through their profile page so that they can see what item you purchased and when (in case there was an update and you are running an older version you need to upgrade). If you have done this and receive no reply within a week ( a fair amount of time for none paid support as most authors have full time jobs and do this for side money), then the forums are here for the community to attempt to help – but you should always state that you tried to contact the author or people will just simply ask this question first.

It’s hard for other authors to try and assist when we didn’t produce it – that’s why the original author is always best. Now saying that my obvious first thing to say is did you follow your directions correctly that came with the product – it will probably use a JS library and files which will be referenced in your files – make sure they are uploaded and referenced correctly – second if you have missing images it could be that you also forgot to upload every single thing – track backwards, be patient and go through things one by one – ensure all necessary files are uploaded to your server and are in the correct place.

But if you haven’t already – go to the authors profile page and contact them using the mini form on the right of the page.

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
davidlettinga69 says

Thank you for that quick reply. I am starting to get it now. I am used to using Studiopress themes and everyone who has purchased their themes are allowed to use their forums, much like this but the answers are provided on the forum for ALL to see. I almost never have to contact the author as the someone has asked the question and had it answered before on the forum. Could this not be arranged here if there is little to no support?

It is really great that you answered my post and i will try to contact the author and get an answer.

I appreciate the authors skill and talent and believe that they should be well compensated for what they do (i would have paid even more for this theme) That said It may be an idea to state the limited support on your website as it is not clear and that is bad business.

2301 posts Bird is the word..
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
jonathan01 says
Thank you for that quick reply. I am starting to get it now. I am used to using Studiopress themes and everyone who has purchased their themes are allowed to use their forums, much like this but the answers are provided on the forum for ALL to see. I almost never have to contact the author as the someone has asked the question and had it answered before on the forum. Could this not be arranged here if there is little to no support?

It is really great that you answered my post and i will try to contact the author and get an answer.

I appreciate the authors skill and talent and believe that they should be well compensated for what they do (i would have paid even more for this theme) That said It may be an idea to state the limited support on your website as it is not clear and that is bad business.

+1 on everything you said Sir. But that’s up to Envato I’m afraid.

2541 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
CreatingDrew says

Moved to item discussion, good luck :)

by
by
by
by