197 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
DanyDuchaine says

Do you guys had any luck making them work together?

For example, my slider options are in the theme options, so the user can’t translate the text for the slider etc.

991 posts It's in the pipeline!
    Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
purethemes says

Sorry to bump this thread, but I was tearing my hair out (and I don’t have too much of them) last days trying to somehow use WPML + OptionTree but I’ve failed. I don’t want to get solution on a plate, but maybe someone could share some ideas how to bite it. Thanks!

3520 posts Ruben Bristian
    Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+10 more
KrownThemes says

If you put the slider inside pages(via the metaboxes), users can translate everything, because they can translate custom meta values..

12 posts Nice
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years Has referred 10+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
quitenicestuff says

Not tried this with OptionsTree but with SMOF you can translate theme options by going to “WPML > String Translation”, then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Translate texts in admin screens »”, tick all the options you want to translate then click “Apply”. Now when you go back to “WPML > String Translation” the text will be in the list ready for you to translate.

409 posts Keep Walking
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
UXbarn says

Not tried this with OptionsTree but with SMOF you can translate theme options by going to “WPML > String Translation”, then scroll down to the bottom of the page and click “Translate texts in admin screens »”, tick all the options you want to translate then click “Apply”. Now when you go back to “WPML > String Translation” the text will be in the list ready for you to translate.

This solution works. Additionally, at the front end, you would need to use the WPML function named “icl_t()” to get those translated strings to display. Just use it in the loop when creating each slider item. :)

Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
purethemes says

Thanks! I’ll try

197 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+5 more
DanyDuchaine says

Hey guys, I’ll try too. Thanks!

+7 more
purethemes says
I’ve found that you can register strings with WPML String Translation, for example for slider from OptionTree you can do it like this: in loop that displays slider add some $i++ to have a counter and:
icl_register_string('Flex slider title'.$i,'flextitle'.$i, $slide['title']);
This will register in this case all titles of slides, then you can go to WPML and translate them, and to display them add:
echo icl_t('Flex slider title'.$i,'flextitle'.$i, $slide['title'])
Works like a charm!
67 posts
    Has referred 50+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+2 more
SmoothThemes says

Just updated my theme to version 1.3 and have theme options for Individual Language ( not the OptionTree ) :D

1 post
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Located in Portugal
mediabyter says

FAIL The problem is when you change a order of the slides by drag and drop, and then all the strings goes to the wrong slide.

by
by
by
by
by
by