1383 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 10+ members Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
wpCanyonThemes says

So as i said, was writing a reply to a comment in that nice little thickbox, and after 10 mins when i was nearly done (wasn’t a long reply, it had a lot of looking though files for info so it took a while…) and then i accidentally clicked outside of the thickbox area and POOF it disappeared.

Kind of pissed of right now.

Happened to anybody else?

1799 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
BroOf says

Oh damn.. I often don’t close the box but my PC crashes…...... I feel your pain xD

3007 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 200+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

im on opera mobile now…:)) 1 of 2 comments crashes!!

1383 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years Has referred 10+ members Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
wpCanyonThemes says

im on opera mobile now…:)) 1 of 2 comments crashes!!

haha :)

675 posts
    Has referred 500+ members Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Joined us in one of our Envato Live Events
+11 more
cudazi Envato team says

It seems I always have notepad up in order to type up my replies before copy/pasting, I have a terrible habit of clicking off the reply window too…

1950 posts Do the Needful
    Has referred 10+ members Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+10 more
JamiGibbs says

It seems I always have notepad up in order to type up my replies before copy/pasting, I have a terrible habit of clicking off the reply window too…

Dito. +1

582 posts Magento Elite & Gravity Maker
    Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market Located in United States Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
+3 more
GravityDept says

An inline reply would be much better than a modal overlay. Calling the event is not really any different from a JS standpoint.

99 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
Lamovo says

We have given some site feedback and one of the points is local storage. It would save all of us the accidental waist and the need to copy and paste to be safe.

One disadvantage of the current modal boxes is that you often can’t clearly see the original message you are replying to.

1029 posts Best-dressed man at PressNomics 2013
    Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame Had an item featured on Envato Market Power Elite Author: Sold more than $1M on Envato Market Has sold $1M+ on Envato Market and is now a Power Elite Author
+10 more
Parallelus says

That’s happened to me enough that I’m really careful about going between the page and my files (when looking up references).

I’ve started writing my log responses in a text editor and pasting them in later. If I notice the reply getting longer than intended I’ll also quickly select all and copy it to my clip board. It would be nice to disable the “background click closes modal” option.

I have a feeling this won’t be an issue once the comments/forum area gets it’s overhaul. :)

3429 posts
    Has referred 1000+ members Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
sevenspark Volunteer moderator says

I have the same issue – especially with the touch pad when working on my laptop. I’ve started writing long responses in a text editor as well.

I agree it’s very frustrating. At the very least, closing the modal box should just hide the reply rather than destroying it (seems a waste of a DOM modification).

I’m sure Parallelus is right that this UI issue will be addressed with the next upgrade :)

by
by
by
by
by
by