341 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Netherlands
+4 more
RikdeVos says

Yeah the new icons really look awful ;) But keep in mind that iOS7 is currently in beta, so they’ll probably take another look at those icons and the overall design. Don’t know to what extend, but reading everyone’s reactions I’m assuming, and hoping, they’ll take it back to the drawing board.

As for the new Mac Pro, I kinda like it! :) And why are people prejudging the Mac Pro about the fact that the design looks like a recycle bin..? (@FinalDestiny, some pics do look delicious though :) ) They’re mainly using this design because of the air flow or something and that it requires only 1 fan to cool the whole tower. You’ll probably pay a few pennies for this machine, but it’s going to be really powerful, so who really cares that it looks a little strange.

5482 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Located in Australia
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+4 more
Australia says

I think the mac pro looks awesome, with some beefy specs. Plus a cracking site into on their page. I may get ine of these, how the heck do they get all that in a 9 inch by 6 inch tube

8248 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

apparently the marketing team did the colour scheme and icons :|

3699 posts Community Moderator
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Located in Netherlands
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+9 more
Joost Volunteer moderator says

I’m not really buying that rumour, but at least it gives us a solid reason Apple might feel like redesigning the icons before the release ;)

5968 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

I’m not really buying that rumour, but at least it gives us a solid reason Apple might feel like redesigning the icons before the release ;)

+1 Most probably it is not a result of marketing team’s fail but the designers themselves (when it comes to color). The keynote presentation points they are following a discipline for color and construction, so that could be big failure as a concept itself. The disappointing part is the design lacks very accessibility – we can ignore aesthetics but not the basic visibility.

They managed to make the hardware to support retina level resolution but doesn’t using it to help our eyes.

616 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
+6 more
uniquefx says

Here’s the source if anyone’s interested : http://thenextweb.com/apple/2013/06/12/why-does-the-design-of-ios-7-look-so-different/

by
by
by
by
by
by