271 posts New Elite in Town!
  • Won a competition
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Won a Most Wanted contest
+6 more
icypixels says

The Mac Pro is stunning!

The Macbook Air is just right and OS X Mavericks looks really nice!

iOS 7 icons are drastically inconsistent. It’s just like this photo:

1870 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

It’s all done externally now… if you want to expand beyond the base (like extra hdds) you need to hook it up via thunderbolt 2.

You say hook “it” up. What is that “it”? Another expensive NAS box, premium priced Thunderbolt (2!?) HDD dock? I can now plug 5 drives into the old Mac Pro, it’s simple and free*.

You also said “if you want to expand”. The new MP case is really small, I don’t think there is anything more than one or two Flash SSDs inside, certainly not some HDD. So in this case every Mac Pro user will want to expand.

Speaking about size, I have no idea how GPUs will be expandable. That was probably the #1 problem for old Mac Pros. That thing looks like a Power Mac G4 Cube with non-standard hardware expandability like in MBP and iMac. They said there are 2 GPUs, but I am afraid they are wired to the board. I am still just speculating (lack of info), maybe Apple will surprise us after all.

1870 posts YOU TOUCH IT YOU BUY IT
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
FRESHFACE says

Absolutely hate those new iOS default icons. They look like something a 10 year old would throw together if I open up photoshop for him and show him only the shape and gradient tool. Love the new OSX, Love the new MBAs and love the new Mac Pro.

Yeah, I saw kids as well. I think they have overdone the whole grid business on them and underestimated the color palette. Flat white background icon coupled with overly saturated colors look really cheap (game center).

I think they should have clearly defined “how flat” are we talking about in iOS7. UI is mostly flat with shadows and transparency here and there, but app icons are sometimes flat, sometimes bad hipster gradient, sometimes 3d (camera bg, game center front). It’s a mess. But other than that (and Command Center being a pile of options) the iOS7 looks really great.

I would also like to switch Command Center gesture for multi-tasking, too bad it’s not gonna happen.

138 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
WPHead says

It’s all done externally now… if you want to expand beyond the base (like extra hdds) you need to hook it up via thunderbolt 2.

You say hook “it” up. What is that “it”? Another expensive NAS box, premium priced Thunderbolt (2!?) HDD dock? I can now plug 5 drives into the old Mac Pro, it’s simple and free*.

You also said “if you want to expand”. The new MP case is really small, I don’t think there is anything more than one or two Flash SSDs inside, certainly not some HDD. So in this case every Mac Pro user will want to expand.

Speaking about size, I have no idea how GPUs will be expandable. That was probably the #1 problem for old Mac Pros. That thing looks like a Power Mac G4 Cube with non-standard hardware expandability like in MBP and iMac. They said there are 2 GPUs, but I am afraid they are wired to the board. I am still just speculating (lack of info), maybe Apple will surprise us after all.

Yeah I guess well find out eventually.

Found this lol:

626 posts
  • Has referred more than 5000 members
  • Has sold $2M+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in a magazine
+9 more
Kriesi says

The 80s just called, they want their colors back :(

5945 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Translucent bg – is a way to confuse human brain! ;) I doubt if they really tested it with different lighting on mobile screens. Surely before developing iOS8, they will realize it!

Steve Jobs wasn’t touching such BGs for a reason! Designer curiosity overkilling design, now Steve Jobs officially dead!

8239 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

it looks gorgeous :) not sure about the icons either tho tbh…

going to be downloading the dev sdk now :D

8239 posts Community Moderator
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+9 more
MSFX Volunteer moderator says

gutted they didn’t bring out new MBP either :(

3007 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

Hopefuly this will mean the end of the gradient buttons, apple inspired, design in wordpress themes. Expecially those done in minimal design websites :)) yea, we have those here. Nothing special, except overpriced hardware with apple, as always.

3007 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 4 years
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+7 more
duotive says

And yes. Gradient icons with retro color schemes on flat design :)) just lol.

by
by
by
by
by
by