• Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
+1 more
FRESHFACE says

It’s all done externally now… if you want to expand beyond the base (like extra hdds) you need to hook it up via thunderbolt 2.

You say hook “it” up. What is that “it”? Another expensive NAS box, premium priced Thunderbolt (2!?) HDD dock? I can now plug 5 drives into the old Mac Pro, it’s simple and free*.

You also said “if you want to expand”. The new MP case is really small, I don’t think there is anything more than one or two Flash SSDs inside, certainly not some HDD. So in this case every Mac Pro user will want to expand.

Speaking about size, I have no idea how GPUs will be expandable. That was probably the #1 problem for old Mac Pros. That thing looks like a Power Mac G4 Cube with non-standard hardware expandability like in MBP and iMac. They said there are 2 GPUs, but I am afraid they are wired to the board. I am still just speculating (lack of info), maybe Apple will surprise us after all.
Checked… RAM & Flash storage is removable (expandable). Additional HDDs have to be hooked up externally. GPUs can’t be replaced, although most people should be fine with the 6gb vram. You can always also get the current models, will probably see a price drop.

Checked again as well… The new MP is supposed to be viewed as a powerful computing core which you can expand externally without limitations. Hopefully Apple will add several external housing solutions to their product range, at an affordable price point. I don’t think Apple would go this route if half of your machine would have to rely on 3rd party products. The new MP should be cheaper as well. Theoretically, they could make it work, but there are still many questions to be answered.

133 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 1-2 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • United States
Music2Sync says

Overall very pleased. Love the new features of Mavericks!!

803 posts We're a nice team!
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Elite Author
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Exclusive Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
+4 more
ThemeFocus says

Not like IOS7 icons, like OS X +1.

90 posts
  • Elite Author
  • United States
  • Sold between 250 000 and 1 000 000 dollars
  • Referred between 200 and 499 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
2winFactor says

Absolutely hate those new iOS default icons. They look like something a 10 year old would throw together if I open up photoshop for him and show him only the shape and gradient tool. Love the new OSX, Love the new MBAs and love the new Mac Pro.

I wonder how icon gradients are considered “Flat” design. Isn’t that the opposite?

5542 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Now those wooden, leather and metal effect icon designers will be simply jobless! The bright-side is it will force designers to differentiate things with abstract elements – inventions towards that side. Also the same can result abundance of stuff not easy to get distinguished – forcing users to read text than symbols. Doesn’t utilizes the power of retina display usefully!

72 posts
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
Ttpmc says

I just can’t believe what is happening. All these years of evolution, improvement and perfecting the Mac platform are thrown into the trashcan (Im saying this because i don’t know if you guys realize it but it’s clear that OSX also is moving towards this direction). Simply because the wrong man got the wrong job. I can feel Steve’s absence …

415 posts here for love
  • Elite Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Exclusive Author
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • India
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
+2 more
nCrafts says

Okay, maybe I sound here old fashioned here, but aren’t most if those icons just hideous. Look at the mail icon. It’s an eyesore. It’s worse than the red wedding :(

I hope it looks better when I see it on the phone.

475 posts
  • Microlancer Beta Tester
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Germany
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
GraficAndMedia says

I want Mavericks now! Especially the Background for Retina :)

5542 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • India
+3 more
VF says

Okay, maybe I sound here old fashioned here, but aren’t most if those icons just hideous. Look at the mail icon. It’s an eyesore. It’s worse than the red wedding :( I hope it looks better when I see it on the phone.

Expectation of usability never means old fashioned! ;)

110 posts
  • Won a Competition
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Bulgaria
bilbo_b says

They definitely hat to upload the new design to be reviewed by kailoon. My guess is hard rejection. :ohrly:

by
by
by
by
by
by