320 posts
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • United States
timmylogue says

I need some help Please? :D I would really really appreciate it. I’m putting out my hair out over here :confused:

I can’t contact the author. He doesn’t seem to be a user on AD anymore. His username was tabaheee. Is he still around? ;)

I purchase this xml gallery a few years ago (year I know) that reads image files and swf files.

I never used the .swf part before. Until now…

In the xml file you can control the delay timing of the slideshow. So If you wanted to display each image for 15 seconds you could. Then it would jump to the next. You know.. Just like any xml gallery would work.

delay = "15" 

The problem I having is my swf files are longer then 15 seconds. So when the 15 seconds comes up its cuts off my swf file. The delay controls are for all whole gallery.

I don’t want to change the delay time for the images I like them at 15 seconds each. I just want to modify for the .swf file.

Is it possible to add a delay to the
<image href="no" transition="0" delay="60" url="test.swf" />

Here is the full xml file http://pastie.org/1591027

Here is the actionscript http://pastie.org/1590887

Thanks Tim

556 posts
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United States
ThemeScience says

I need some help Please? :D I would really really appreciate it. I’m putting out my hair out over here :confused:

I can’t contact the author. He doesn’t seem to be a user on AD anymore. His username was tabaheee. Is he still around? ;)

I purchase this xml gallery a few years ago (year I know) that reads image files and swf files.

In the xml file you can control the delay timing of the slideshow. So If you wanted to display each image for 15 seconds you could. Then it would jump to the next. You know.. Just like any xml gallery would work.

delay = "15" 

The problem I having is my swf files are longer then 15 seconds. So when the 15 seconds comes up its cuts off my swf file. The delay controls are for all whole gallery.

I don’t want to change the delay time for the images I like them at 15 seconds each. I just want to modify for the .swf file.

Thanks Tim

Good Luck :) I wish we could help, or had a quick answer for you. Sorry …

847 posts
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Lebanon
  • Exclusive Author
MoeHaydar says

delay = "15" 

Thanks Tim

From the xml its clear that the delay time is constant.

You’ll need to change the AS to work the way you proposed. Give me an email and ill help you

Cheers

320 posts
  • United States
timmylogue says

is anyone interested in doing this fix for me? 100.00 payment.

Tim

3069 posts
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Won a Competition
  • Sold between 50 000 and 100 000 dollars
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • Exclusive Author
  • Romania
wickedpixel says

Seems that the actionscript code pasted here has no action that uses that time delay. It must be in other area.

320 posts
  • United States
timmylogue says

Yeah I was talking to “SimplyDo” and he asked to send over the whole FLA file. I did but I haven’t heard anything back from his. Really on a deadline.

Tim

675 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Philippines
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+1 more
dexterous says

is anyone interested in doing this fix for me? 100.00 payment. Tim

Do you have control over your swf ? I mean do you have fla for the swf which is getting loaded?

If you do, then you can write an action inside the swf which is getting loaded (on the last frame, or whenever the swf is finished playing):

_root.nextImage();

note, I am assuming that you have the script in the root. If you do not, then you have to find it by using _parent (or may be _parent._parent)

675 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Philippines
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
+1 more
dexterous says

By the way, it surprises me that the item is on marketplace but the user is not.

Edit: I see now that it is a disabled Item.

118 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Europe
  • Exclusive Author
komapeb says

Contact me via my profile page and I’ll help you solve the mystery :)

393 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
phantasmagoria says

I can also help you about your request. You can contact me from my profile

by
by
by
by