3 posts
  • 6 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 4
bela_tarr
says

I Buyed the Dynamic XML Events Calendar AS 2 .0 Version. I can’t see the á,é,í,ó,ú. My xml file is in unicode-8, I have the <?xml version=”1.0” encoding=”utf-8”?> line and in Flash i have the System.useCodepage = true line. What can i do?.

I use Dreamweaver CS3 , OSX 10.5.4.

Thanks!

5306 posts Interactive Design
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 10
  • Trendsetter
  • Top Monthly Author
+11 more
digitalscience
says

Open the XML in notepad and then go “Save as” then choose Encoding “UTF-8”. Also embed the characters á,é,í,ó,ú in the text fields in the FLA where they are not showing up.

3 posts
  • 6 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 4
bela_tarr
says

Just I did it but didn’t work.

38 posts
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 2
  • Author Level 4
  • Collector Level 2
+1 more
essensus
says

Also make sure that the font you are using supports this type of characters. Some fonts simply don’t have them…

5306 posts Interactive Design
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 10
  • Trendsetter
  • Top Monthly Author
+11 more
digitalscience
says

ya especially pixel fonts :|

183 posts
  • 8 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 2
  • Author Level 3
  • Beta Tester
+4 more
motiongrafiks
says

The only way is embeding, as far as I know. I have had the same issue many times. I always have to embed á,é,í,ó,ú, Á, É, Í, Ó,Ú, ñ and Ñ.

Wish someone found a way to solve this :(

Spanish speaking people also use flash from time to time ;)

1 post
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 2
merlin_ie
says
I Buyed the Dynamic XML Events Calendar AS 2 .0 Version. I can’t see the á,é,í,ó,ú. My xml file is in unicode-8, I have the <?xml version=”1.0” encoding=”utf-8”?> line and in Flash i have the System.useCodepage = true line. What can i do?. I use Dreamweaver CS3 , OSX 10.5.4. Thanks!

Hi. I don’t know if people are still having this problem. I had it for 2 months nearly. Been trying to help a friend from Brazil with her site. Anyways, I was unable to make the special characters show in the project and I had tried all that you said. Then I read the end of your post about i have the System.useCodepage = true line. Well, I noticed the file I was working on had the same line BUT I changed the property to false and voila – I can now see special characters. I hope this can help someone in the future..if not, it was worth the rant as i’m happy now lol..keep up the good work guys

37 posts
  • 7 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 3
  • United States
dgc
says

merlin – thanks! i was looking for an answer for this!

6231 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
  • 7 Years of Membership
+13 more
VF
says

Addition to the utf encoding and flash embed characters, make sure that your content in xml is located inside the node and not from attribute value. Attribute values don’t support those characters.

1 post
  • 6 Years of Membership
  • Collector Level 1
emausmora
says

the only thing that you need to do is go to your flash, select the text field and in the properties panel go to embeded characters, select, embed this, put the characters that you need like “Á,É,Í,Ó,Ú,á,é,í,ó,ú,ñ,Ñ” and save it, and so you will see it in your swf

by
by
by
by
by
by