(Locked) (Yet another) Open Letter to Envato - Views on current and forthcoming issues

554 posts
  • Bundle Boss
  • Most Wanted Winner
  • Author Level 5
  • 6 Years of Membership
+4 more
QBKL
says

After the latest (last months) developments on the Envato marketplaces I wanted to take the time and digest the whole state of the marketplace today. Not saying that my views are those of everyone here. They represent me and the people I collaborate with and our views on issues which I noticed to find common ground with many other authors. I wrote them down in a post on Medium which I’d like to share with you the authors, Envato staff and whoever else would like to have a read (8 min read according to Medium)

An Open Letter to Envato – An author’s views on current and forthcoming marketplace issues.

Thank you for taking the time to read through and looking forward to reactions.

Regards, Alex

PS: Hopefully no one will get trigger finger happy and lock the thread, for now at least.

1127 posts
  • United Kingdom
  • Author Level 5
  • Affiliate Level 3
  • Collector Level 1
+5 more
Alexlasek
says

well said !

757 posts
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 9
+9 more
theAlThemist
says

I do agree with every word. +1

@envato staff: Dare/Care to make this thread sticky next to the Collis’ thread? We are a community after all, right? ;)

358 posts
  • Football Player
  • Author Level 5
  • Collector Level 1
  • Affiliate Level 1
+2 more
BetaMotion
says

After the latest (last months) developments on the Envato marketplaces I wanted to take the time and digest the whole state of the marketplace today. Not saying that my views are those of everyone here. They represent me and the people I collaborate with and our views on issues which I noticed to find common ground with many other authors. I wrote them down in a post on Medium which I’d like to share with you the authors, Envato staff and whoever else would like to have a read (8 min read according to Medium)

An Open Letter to Envato – An author’s views on current and forthcoming marketplace issues.

Thank you for taking the time to read through and looking forward to reactions.

Regards, Alex

PS: Hopefully no one will get trigger finger happy and lock the thread, for now at least.

+11111111111

1882 posts
  • Affiliate Level 4
  • Author Level 9
  • Beta Tester
  • Collector Level 4
+7 more
Anps
says

+11111111111

From now on I wont even bother typing am just gonna copy paste this link :)

633 posts Dream big
  • Trendsetter
  • Weekly Top Seller
  • Elite Author
  • Author Level 8
+6 more
pixel-industry
says

+11111111111 From now on I wont even bother typing am just gonna copy paste this link :)

Indeed, although I think that nothing’s gonna change except that Envato might “produce” new competitors and really lose their competitive strength.

754 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Winner
  • Most Wanted Winner
  • Collector Level 2
+2 more
pixeful
says

Sweeet __ +1

742 posts
  • Most Wanted Winner
  • Featured Author
  • Trendsetter
  • Author Level 6
+6 more
phpbits
says

+1111111111 Very well said ;)

60 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • 3 Years of Membership
  • Affiliate Level 3
  • Collector Level 1
+2 more
nicole_89
says

+1 Envato forgets that they are just a middle man and no matter how hard they will try to please buyers without authors in the end they will have nothing to sell.

723 posts
  • Featured Author
  • Winner
  • Bundle Boss
  • Author Level 5
+8 more
simonswiss
says

Wow, this is really well written. Agree with everything.

by
by
by
by
by
by