Times have changed and things have evolved since the last thread I’ve seen… so the question is short: What IDE do you use for your html, css, js, php development and why?Even with a short question I would like to add some extra details to pay attention to:
- Does it have code completion?
- Can it tidy/organize/beautify the code?
- If it does the previous one, can it do this with multiple languages in the same file? (a php file with css in it and html too)
Operating system does not matter, please share!
SlickEdit is very good.
I use Komodo Edit ! Works on linux and mac, also windows, its lite and very usefull for me for php and python… or maybe its just me, because whenever I find somethin good dont change it and switch often, Ive used also in the past aptana (i found it very heavy) also e-texteditor is good, bluefish etc.
I use dreamweaver, works fine for me
Coda & Expresso – Both for Mac
TextMate (Mac) for just about everything! It’s lightweight, theme-able and has killer code completion and formatting options. Switched from Coda (which is also great) a few years ago.
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.