• Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Community Moderator
  • Contributed a Blog Post
  • Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
  • Exclusive Author
  • Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
+6 more
Reaper-Media Volunteer moderator says

If I make a blog, what do you recommend me. Make it in Spanish or English? Thanks.

I recommend both! Write it in spanish first, and then translate it! :-)

You will increase your target audience tenfold ;-)

427 posts
  • Author had a Free File of the Month
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Mexico
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
  • Repeatedly helped protect Envato Market against copyright violations
+1 more
agodesa says

If I make a blog, what do you recommend me. Make it in Spanish or English? Thanks.

I recommend both! Write it in spanish first, and then translate it! :-)

You will increase your target audience tenfold ;-)

OK, I will start doing my template! :P

69 posts
  • Bought between 50 and 99 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
bilawal360 says

I started coding when I was only 9 years old (I’m 17 years old right now), and I’ve loved it ever since I knew it existed. What a journey it has been though, so much has happened in the past 10 years for technology than the past 40 years which is what makes everything so more exciting for you.

I’ve got super strong interest from a local digital marketing firm who wishes to employ me, or I can simply study Computer Science or Internet Computing as a degree in University, or I could start up my major project (which I’ve been refining for years – it’s a big idea). The best advice I could give to the next generation, being yourself, is don’t think about your future just yet – there’s a lot that can be done or said and you should focus on what you’ve got. Your balance between social and virtual is perfect. I only accomplished that about 2 years ago from now, which meant that 4-5 years I had only programming as my hobbies (in a way, that’s still true, but it’s more balanced).

Whilst I’m still in education, my programming abilities and mindset doesn’t make me someone who should avoid education, as school, college and University are the most important life experiences that should be made (even though I’ve not been Uni, it’s pretty typical to assume that it will be). I’m anticipated to finish Uni, get my degree, and be incredibly successful not because of the academic values, money (maybe a bit) or rewards – but because it’s what I can truly define as my passion.

People who are coming here saying “you need maths, etc” – no you don’t. I can nearly promise you by the time your 17 like me, companies want talent, academic values aren’t that important in technology as you need to be a problem solver, not just a person who can flash their hard work which means nothing to an employer now. Whilst it may count for something, I wouldn’t exaggerate it as technology is only going to get more advanced therefore needing more problem solving skills so it’s going to mean more and more people will be in your situation. Intermediate maths is needed, but nothing in terms of degrees or PhD’s are needed – unless you’re doing medical, piloting, or training to be a brain surgeon.

There’s always a first for everything. As programming has done some damage to other aspects of my life, I don’t regret it one bit. I use it to express my creativity. It’s one of our generations greatest gifts.

1 post
  • Bangladesh
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Has been a member for 3-4 years
rupok says

I want to dedicate my life to all this. So I’m making you a request, what can you recommend me?

Don’t dedicate your life to developing and designing. Dedicate your life to helping the world, solving solutions, making things easier for others. See the difference? From this point of view design and development is just a tool and is worth nothing on itself.

• Dedicate yourself to come outside at least one hour a day. It will keep you in touch with the real world.
  • Dedicate yourself to not reinvent the wheel.
  • Dedicate yourself to be yourself.
  • Dedicate yourself to not create the next big thing. Be dedicated to create good and usable things.
  • Use your advantages to your advantage. You are from Mexico. So you probably speak Spanish and English fluently (or you will within a few years). Can you do something with this?
  • Use your disadvantages to your advantage.
  • Dedicate yourself to be yourself. Again.

:bigsmile:

456 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
  • United Kingdom
godonholiday says

Dont stop learning, and like some other guys and gals have said, set up a blog and help other people learn what you have learnt.

Dont send people to google telling them to search using that, if we all did that then we would have no community, so share what you learn and when your older another 14 year old kid will be asking you the questions.

DONT STOP !

by
by
by
by
by
by