anchor_point_heshan Recent Posts Threads Started
324 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+1 more
anchor_point_heshan says

I did all of the above and I worked sooooooooooooooo hard, when I was having 20 items I got around 200 usd per month, and when it came to 50 I got around 500 usd per month.. and when 65 I got around 650 usd per month, and started from September onward I had around 75 items and now 82 items I’m getting around 350usd per month, as I have stooped doing classes which I was doing last few months due to allowing more time on designing here I have faced a huge financial problem, I dont know exhactly what is the reason.. Igot 500 when I had 50 items and I get 350usd when Im having 80 items.. very confusing.. but I work hard…

6023 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

@anchor_point_heshan, we supposed to not think with numbers. Every item has its own history and fate of sales for logical reasons. If we consider the collective behavior of all the items on portfolio, we can understand nothing. Focus on items individually! a tough thing to do though.

310 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
2AA says

Delete Items with low sales.

why id do this !?

anchor_point_heshan
anchor_point_heshan Recent Posts Threads Started
324 posts
+1 more
anchor_point_heshan says

@anchor_point_heshan, we supposed to not think with numbers. Every item has its own history and fate of sales for logical reasons. If we consider the collective behavior of all the items on portfolio, we can understand nothing. Focus on items individually! a tough thing to do though.

Yes, you are correct, you are an elite author so I do believe your words, but I have one more question. I have created a graph of the item uploading and sales rates. So what I realized is the rate of sales gap is directly proportional to the rate of the gap of item uploading. That means if I have uploaded 10 items in June and 20 items in July the gap is 10… and I have recorded a similar gap in the sales of august then.. I have realized it in my graph for 6 months.. that why I strongly believed that the rate of item submissions is directly proportional to the rate of sales. Now I feel that I’m wrong

846 posts
  • Has referred 100+ members
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+4 more
kaixer says

think creative. :grin:

6023 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
+8 more
VF says

Yes, you are correct, you are an elite author so I do believe your words, but I have one more question. I have created a graph of the item uploading and sales rates. So what I realized is the rate of sales gap is directly proportional to the rate of the gap of item uploading. That means if I have uploaded 10 items in June and 20 items in July the gap is 10… and I have recorded a similar gap in the sales of august then.. I have realized it in my graph for 6 months.. that why I strongly believed that the rate of item submissions is directly proportional to the rate of sales. Now I feel that I’m wrong

Uploading files with less gap – Uploading files with high gap. Both are not actually different / opposite as long as the files manages to make sales even after initial exposure. After initial exposure the better exposure can happen through search or due to popularity. Usually the files that have more utility value has chance to get exposure through search (not just through marketplace search but google). No one searches for ‘awesome’ files but searches for ‘required’ files. It is very rare though to come-up with a combination of utility value + excellence to attract buyer. If we have more of such files on portfolio, chances are there for relatively consistent sales regardless of upload frequency. But the question is how much easy it is? :D

If we choose the other way, i.e upload frequently with short gap and if none of the uploaded files manages to make sales through search, all those tiresome efforts may result less effective sales number some day. If the same approach made with occasional successful files (that manages sales through search), then the portfolio may get constant exposure as well as good sales number due to quantity.

10 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Indonesia
lucidmoon says

nice suggestions! :D

4 posts
  • Has sold $1+ on Envato Market
hsim says

Many many thanks for discussion about the topics.

50 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Spain
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
good_chemistry says

I don’t recommend ignoring rejected items. I say make the rejected item better, or leave it alone for a few days, then approach the design with fresh eyes. Never give up on an idea that could make potential $$$. Other than that, the advise is on point. :-)

+1. I always learnt from soft rejections, always.

by
by
by
by
by
by