Where do you listen to your music during the mixing/mastering? I always try to change through many systems to help it translate better (the ultimate challenge!).
Here are some of my references:
- Yamaha NS10 studio
- Headphones Sony MDR 7509 HD (they help me with the bass that I can’t hear with yamaha)
- Macbook speakers (Sometimes it helps me to decide if high freqs are pushed too high)
- Consumer headphones
- iphone mono speaker
- My car hi-fi (my final judge, since I have it from 2004 and I’m very used to it:P)
I don’t use these all the times but at least three of them.
KRK RP5 RoKit G3 and AKG Headphones
Never let me down yet!
No, but seriously, for royalty free stock (not my film score work) I cross check on:
- Equator D5s
- Beyerdynamic DT770 Pro headphones
- Macbook speakers too
- Occasionally some piffy fizzy lame-o consumer headphones to get the ‘real’ picture
Really, I should test on my iPhone too, but hey, only so many hours in a day!
My first choice is my Genelec 1030 but I also always listen in my headphones (German Maestro GMP 400)and also with some other headphones and in the car
Sennheiser HD Pro 280’s – thats what i produce,mix and master on. I also listen on my Macbook Pro speakers
If I have time;
- Adam A7
- Sennheiser Hd25
- Car System
- My home theater system in 2+1 mode
- MacBook Pro speakers
- Iphone Speaker
- My friend’s coffe house ( I can hear the mud and the low frq rumble better in that place).
In my homestudio I use these components:
- Mackie HR824 MKII (love them! )
- Focal CMD Sub (for freq below 40 Hz)
- E-MU 1616m (baaaaaad support but great pre-amps)
- KRK Ergo (helps a bit to eleminate room modes)
- a Magnat Quantum 705 system (5.1)
- Denon AVR-1912 amp.
- Please read our community guidelines. Self promotion and discussion of piracy is not allowed.
- Open a support ticket if you would like specific help with your account, deposits or purchases.
- Item Support by authors is optional and may vary. Please see the Support tab on each item page.
Most of all, enjoy your time here. Thank you for being a valued Envato community member.