44 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Located in Europe Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
MercuryMusic says

I’m always glad to read about inspiring success stories. So my question to you all is:

Tell us your most memorable moment as an artist!

Was it a successful exhibition? Or was it a gig with full house? Or was it an inner experience, for example a win over your own doubts?

I’m eager to read your story.

44 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Located in Europe Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
MercuryMusic says

I’ve had quite a few memorable moments as a musician, e.g. being signed by a renowned label, organizing a nationwide guitar contest, etc. But my first memorable moment which I’ll never forget is my first ever ‘serious’ gig, many years ago. After years of very small concerts in the years in high school, I’ve been contacted by a keyboard player who already had a following in my country. He invited me to be the guitarist in his band, and our first concert has taken place at Sziget Festival, which is the biggest summer festival in Central Europe. A big stage, a lot of people, and a tv interview – that day was simply stunning for me, and it opened a whole new world. It has given me tons of motivation to work even harder!

After the gig, during the interviews, we have locked our instruments in the band’s minivan. I was afraid that somehow my beloved guitar would be stolen, and I couldn’t wait to get back to the van and fortunately I’ve found my guitar there, lying in safe condition. Both me and my guitar were overjoyed to see each other again! :-)

38 posts
    Won a Most Wanted contest Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+5 more
el-paranoik says

Very inspiring story, MercuryMusic! Glad Your guitar was ok. By the way, have You still got that guitar? :)

My memorable moment is when I’ve become a motion designer. At first I wrote texts for video reviews. On one of the meetings in our company a lot of members said that they wish to learn after effects, but they haven’t got much time. I was a student and had a lot of free time so I decided that this is a great chance for me. I started to watch some video lessons. After a couple of month I’ve made my first video about our company. It was creepy :) I’ve shown it to my boss and he said ok I’ll give You a chance. In a few days later I had a real task. Since then I’m working with after effects and enjoing every moment of my career :)

565 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+3 more
Coriiander says

I shall be honest: I’ve had a bad day and I had a few drinks to relax a bit after 90-120 hours of work for the past weeks, or should I say months. Excuse my spelling and possibly upcoming too long text.

My most memorable moment isn’t all that significant to the world I suppose. but to me personally, it’s of utmost importance, for the artist in me, my own emotions. Not so long ago, after a nasty real life period, I decided to check if I was still physically and brain-functioning-wise able to play my synths. The guitar I couldn’t play anymore, and synths, well, not so much as before anymore, but, I learned that my sound designing skills were still there. So I went all out on that. And I started playing with the sounds I designed. It’s very, very experimental, I recorded it on video, but what I played back there is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever done in music. Eventhough I know that most people won’t like it, but whenever I listen to it, I go silent, I come to peace, I feel a great, great joy. After a discussion here on AudioJungle about “the artist inside vs the marketplace” I decided to just sample my video I played back then, up its quality through some effects etc, and to upload it to there. I was pretty sure it would be rejected, but I had to try. The item got soft-rejected because I messed up the watermarking but other than that the item, now in queue, is accepted.

It’s hard to explain. Just that one little piece, not even played so well, but to me personally, it beholds everything I even stand for. Again hard to explain. The moment that I first heard back my recording, and all times afterwards, and also when AJ accepted it, were priceless to me. Without going into the story about what happened, it’s like: “I live. I can still do this, though in another way, but I can still express myself”. I cannot imagine anything more beautiful and therefor, well, this is my entry for this thread. If you’re curious now, sorry moderators, I don’t mean to promote myself…, but just to get the idea across, have a listen to “Perplexa Mortis”, which should be available in a day or two. I have uploaded the video where I played it at that time to my Facebook, publically. It’s [HERE]. Please don’t judge the playing, I barely escaped death there and had recovered from coma, severe brain injury, learning to walk again etc. It’s along story, not going further into it. Sorry for the promotion, if it’s considered like that, but this moment is, to me, priceless. It’s about the thoughts and emotions we experience when thinking of death and life. The paradox between it, the anger we experience with both, the beauty we experience with both; even death. It’s explained in more detail in the linked video description.

I’m sorry if the text is long, had a few pints. Nevertheless, this is my entry. Again: I am very aware that self-promotion isn’t allowed. Alcohol makes me somewhat loose, and I figured it would be ok in this particular thread. I’m sorry for violating the rule, I generally do my best to not do that.

Best wishes :)

44 posts
MercuryMusic says

Very inspiring story, MercuryMusic! Glad Your guitar was ok. By the way, have You still got that guitar? :) My memorable moment is when I’ve become a motion designer. At first I wrote texts for video reviews. On one of the meetings in our company a lot of members said that they wish to learn after effects, but they haven’t got much time. I was a student and had a lot of free time so I decided that this is a great chance for me. I started to watch some video lessons. After a couple of month I’ve made my first video about our company. It was creepy :) I’ve shown it to my boss and he said ok I’ll give You a chance. In a few days later I had a real task. Since then I’m working with after effects and enjoing every moment of my career :)

Hi Yuri, thanks for asking, I still have this guitar. It’s my first ever electric guitar, and I wouldn’t sell it even for a hundred thousand dollars:)

And thanks a lot for sharing your story, it is always inspiring to read how our path is unfolding, based upon a new idea. I’m glad that you have find your path and enjoy being on it, I wish you much success!

44 posts
MercuryMusic says

I shall be honest: I’ve had a bad day and I had a few drinks to relax a bit after 90-120 hours of work for the past weeks, or should I say months. Excuse my spelling and possibly upcoming too long text.

My most memorable moment isn’t all that significant to the world I suppose. but to me personally, it’s of utmost importance, for the artist in me, my own emotions. Not so long ago, after a nasty real life period, I decided to check if I was still physically and brain-functioning-wise able to play my synths. The guitar I couldn’t play anymore, and synths, well, not so much as before anymore, but, I learned that my sound designing skills were still there. So I went all out on that. And I started playing with the sounds I designed. It’s very, very experimental, I recorded it on video, but what I played back there is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever done in music. Eventhough I know that most people won’t like it, but whenever I listen to it, I go silent, I come to peace, I feel a great, great joy. After a discussion here on AudioJungle about “the artist inside vs the marketplace” I decided to just sample my video I played back then, up its quality through some effects etc, and to upload it to there. I was pretty sure it would be rejected, but I had to try. The item got soft-rejected because I messed up the watermarking but other than that the item, now in queue, is accepted.

It’s hard to explain. Just that one little piece, not even played so well, but to me personally, it beholds everything I even stand for. Again hard to explain. The moment that I first heard back my recording, and all times afterwards, and also when AJ accepted it, were priceless to me. Without going into the story about what happened, it’s like: “I live. I can still do this, though in another way, but I can still express myself”. I cannot imagine anything more beautiful and therefor, well, this is my entry for this thread. If you’re curious now, sorry moderators, I don’t mean to promote myself…, but just to get the idea across, have a listen to “Perplexa Mortis”, which should be available in a day or two. I have uploaded the video where I played it at that time to my Facebook, publically. It’s [HERE]. Please don’t judge the playing, I barely escaped death there and had recovered from coma, severe brain injury, learning to walk again etc. It’s along story, not going further into it. Sorry for the promotion, if it’s considered like that, but this moment is, to me, priceless. It’s about the thoughts and emotions we experience when thinking of death and life. The paradox between it, the anger we experience with both, the beauty we experience with both; even death. It’s explained in more detail in the linked video description.

I’m sorry if the text is long, had a few pints. Nevertheless, this is my entry. Again: I am very aware that self-promotion isn’t allowed. Alcohol makes me somewhat loose, and I figured it would be ok in this particular thread. I’m sorry for violating the rule, I generally do my best to not do that.

Best wishes :)

Hi Cor, your story is really uplifting, thanks so much for sharing it with us! I know this kind of feeling from my own life, when suddenly magic happens, and you are listening to it later, and ask yourself: “How did I create it?”

I hope that your efforts and hard work pays off for you really soon, and your life situation gets better and better! All the best, and cheers to the Netherlands!

950 posts
    Has referred 1000+ members Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
+10 more
Giallo says

the best moment is when somebody tells you´re an artist

78 posts
    Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
phileas5928 says

my best moment so far has been my very first sale.

2003 posts
    Has referred 1+ members Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+8 more
matsteiner Envato team says

I had many nice moments in my life as an artist, but one of the most recent and one of the greatest moments happened here on Audiojungle:

Three months after I started uploading here on AJ last year, Sony bought one of my Ukulele tracks for a global Youtube campaign for their new XPERIA V smartphone.

That was really encouraging for me!

228 posts
    Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year Has sold $100+ on Envato Market Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
RomanosMusic says

One moment I’ll never forget is performing for Nelson Mandela. What an incredible human being.

by
by
by
by
by
by