1823 posts
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+12 more
SamBerson says

Could you just have screen shots? i am confused?
Generally a screenshot is a much less exciting preview than the actual working, clickable theme or Javascript tool ;)

Yes – I agree.

173 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+2 more
wiseguys says

HTML templates cost 15 bucks :)

225 posts
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
+2 more
MyNameIsMatthew says

This is true. Who want to be promoted in my product demo? :P

1823 posts
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+12 more
SamBerson says

This is true. Who want to be promoted in my product demo? :P

Pick me!! You could display my CC items as a preview :)

225 posts
+2 more
MyNameIsMatthew says

Sorry guys, please be patient. Solution will ready soon.

225 posts
+2 more
MyNameIsMatthew says

Sorry for long waiting time.

In current time im back to project and i plan to upload complete solution in near future.
Now it will be only plugin for wordpress.

Features:

• Dynamic CSS & Identifiers obfuscation by selected encryption method (in document and external files – CSS, JS)
  • Hidding orginal paths & names of external files
  • External files compression (white spaces removing)
  • Comments removing from external files
  • Custom syntax for CSS classes & identifiers (Example: “demo_version_fe01ce2a7fbac8fa”)
  • Custom comments for encrypted files defined by user (information about encryption etc.)
  • Full control and access to orginal & “compiled” external files (cache viewer) – option for developers

All dynamic, after one click on “Activate”.

And … more :)

442 posts
  • Has referred 50+ members
  • Joined an Envato Football competition
+5 more
ZozoUI says

If people click on page source they probably will not see your scripts and css. But with browsers like chrome and firefox, you can see all dynamic loaded scripts and css. There are also plugins/adds for browser that deobfuscate dynamic scripts and css in the browser.

I think it’s impossible to hide scripts and styles, because they should be available on the client browser.

zozoui

162 posts
  • Located in United States
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+3 more
webfector says

If people click on page source they probably will not see your scripts and css. But with browsers like chrome and firefox, you can see all dynamic loaded scripts and css. There are also plugins/adds for browser that deobfuscate dynamic scripts and css in the browser.

I think it’s impossible to hide scripts and styles, because they should be available on the client browser.

zozoui

Exactly. No matter how well you hide the code, I can easily find it with Chrome. I can easily make a PHP script to get around your stealth mission. It’s local – that’s the issue. You cannot protect it. I don’t care how well you think you can, there’s absolutely nothing you can do besides render it into images via a server-side language (and similar).

If the page renders any code, then that code is able to be taken into the hands of the viewer. No matter the extension, no matter how “clean” it is.

225 posts
+2 more
MyNameIsMatthew says

zozoui

Exactly. No matter how well you hide the code, I can easily find it with Chrome. I can easily make a PHP script to get around your stealth mission. It’s local – that’s the issue. You cannot protect it. I don’t care how well you think you can, there’s absolutely nothing you can do besides render it into images via a server-side language (and similar).

If the page renders any code, then that code is able to be taken into the hands of the viewer. No matter the extension, no matter how “clean” it is.

;)

296 posts
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+3 more
CodeFusion says

The only thing that this will help with – is identifying pirated works – as I assume you would only “protect” the demo and not the download version. If I see an Envato item and view it’s source code and see these obfuscated selectors – I think I could safely assume it’s been nicked and report it.

I encourage you to keep working on it – but here are base things that are impossible to overcome.

1.) Pirates don’t care if the source code (selectors / variables / functions) have been obfuscated as long as the pirated item works.

2.) A simple Find & Replace (although may be time consuming depending on the size of the item) can turn the obfuscated selectors into something more meaningful.

3.) Pirates often purchase an item then share the purchased item online. No matter how bad you beat the hell out of your demo with obfuscators / encryptors / etc – they have the purchased copy that they share.

4.) A simple beautifier will un-miniy your files. Once this is done you can use the console to identify the line number you want to mod – regardless of the selectors name.

5.) Once you sell your method of obfuscating the selectors, it can be reverse engendered.

6.) If the authors item is popular – you may be able to find it on a buyers website and nick the source code from that versus the demo.

7.) As far as encoding the file path and name – it must be downloaded to the end users machine – thus – it is then a “link” that can be followed regardless of how convoluted it is.

As someone has previous stated – any protection is better than no protection! Here is my concern about your method. If the obfuscation of the selectors exponentially adds to the file size – it may make the item seem slow and discourage buyers – especially if it is geared towards mobile devices. What I mean is if you are turning this

div#main.right

into this
div#main.x848722e7208192356122c9f150ad06f2
(which is 3 times the size) a simple 1k file may end up being 30K or 300K.
by
by
by
by
by
by