22 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+1 more
promola says

I’m looking at getting a new web hosting account which is hosted locally (South Africa) it’s cloud hosting. I just wanted to know if 50GB will be enough for my demos, How much data do you usually use on your demo traffic?.

Thanks.

364 posts Design Innovation
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
+4 more
designova says

Hi,

As you make progress by producing more themes you would need a good amount of Bandwidth in order to deal with themeforest live preview visitors. We recommend you better go for any reputed hosting company such as MediaTemple or Hostgator. Recently came to know that some popular authors are using ASmallOrange and DigitalOcean without having any problems here. But as far as our experience is concerned we are very comfortable with MediaTemple (1 TB / Month plan but we have 25+ themes running at present, No issues yes).

You may collect more feedback from other authors here – that will help you to decide :)

373 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+6 more
pixelgrade says

First of all, don’t host in South Africa. That is not where the majority of buyers come from. Host in US or Europe. Secondly 50G is very very little bandwidth these days, not with all the heavy image themes around. One other factor to take into consideration is that besides the bandwidth, you should consider the speed that your hosting provides, because if your demo feels speedy you will have more buyers, but if it doesn’t people will think the theme is bad, not the hosting. So you should ensure that the hosting is top notch so it doesn’t put you in a disadvantage. I for one am using Linode (unmanaged VPS).

22 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+1 more
promola says

Hey fellow authors thank you for your responses, I really don’t have a choice but to host with a South African webhost (I don’t have a credit card). Believe me when I say I have tried everything to get hosting internationally, A friend of mine helped me with his MediaTemple hosting but I need more control. As soon as I get a credit card I’ll probably go for MediaTemple.

Anyway all I wanted to know was if 50GB was enough but I guess it’s not.

Thank you for your replies.

by
by
by
by
by
by