3135 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 500+ items on Envato Market
+4 more
Daniel_R says

Hey creative people! I’m sorry that I’m posting too much but been thinking on some ideas / suggestions for you guys / authors.

I guess a lot of you authors have a demo reel on your websites, but why not use a demo reel to showcase your portfolio on your VH profile page?

I definitely think it will spice up your profile as it can be a promotional tool.

Have an awesome day!

293 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
+2 more
ivezicm says

Great idea.

It was so logical, it’s really strange that it took us (I mean you Zon :) ) long to come up with that. Nice one, Zon.

224 posts Per aspera ad Astra
  • Won a competition
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
Wayman says

Great idea! And it would be excellent if in the profile would be to insert a standard video player Envato, as in our projects. Or any other – Youtube, Vimeo, but the main thing that you can watch videos without leaving the user profile. :)

3135 posts
+4 more
Daniel_R says

Glad to help kids, is just came to me that you guys are so talented (as I’ve seen some author’s demo reels) that this made bring fresh things to your portfolio.

There can be a competition also! “The Best VH Demo Reel 2010” ohh..I would love more competions around here! (can I read your opinion, Mark?)

Great idea! And it would be excellent if in the profile would be to insert a standard video player Envato, as in our projects. Or any other – Youtube, Vimeo, but the main thing that you can watch videos without leaving the user profile.

That’s true Alex, maybe if the idea is well received, our awesome Dev’s will give us the vid player inside our profiles!

One thing though is that leaving your profile page to watch the demo reel can be also a potential way to get more exposure if you are using vimeo for example as you can set your own channel with all your portfolio with a link to your VH item on the description. Potential buyers would be watching the previews in HD from your channel / group!

There is a VH vimeo channel too! Post your work there here! and using youtube (which has more traffic, imao) may give you more exposure and consequent sales!

2715 posts
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in Switzerland
+7 more
DanielKeller says

awesome idea Daniel

I remember, there was a huge competition on Videohive with $2000 prize money

1107 posts inlifethrill
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $250,000+ on Envato Market
+10 more
InlifeThrill says

I am on it next week. Had the same thought some time ago. How to get it exposed is the main question here..

Thanks Daniel ! :)

5180 posts
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Helps us moderate the forums
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
+12 more
felt_tips Moderator says

It’s an idea that’s been thrown around a fair bit, but it’s definitely a good idea.

I’d even take it a step further and say that Videohive should have a reel.. updated every couple of months that plays on the home page… with at track from Audiojungle of course!

-f.

3135 posts
+4 more
Daniel_R says
It’s an idea that’s been thrown around a fair bit, but it’s definitely a good idea.

I’d even take it a step further and say that Videohive should have a reel.. updated every couple of months that plays on the home page… with at track from Audiojungle of course!

-f.

+1000000000000000000000 super plus! Ben, talk to the big guys for a VH competition ..please! I cannot participate (my work is not as good as you all) but the idea is exciting.

348 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
andrenavarre says

Revived!

509 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
5p1r17 says

Two years have passed and still no feature like this :( Shame, shame, shame…... :)

by
by
by
by
by
by