14 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Located in Europe
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
exe says

Up until now everything was OK, but last week something happened, after waiting for my items to get reviewed for about 8 full days, when it was finally my turn all my files were rejected, and they were better than a few approved items from earlier. It isn’t fair because I saw other peoples approved items, and I think some of you are in the same situation. What happened? are the reviewers not taking things seriously, from what I see they went on vacation a few days and let the files pile up into a huge tower for reviewing, and when they finally decided to start reviewing files when they saw how many there were, they started going through them at the speed of light not taking the time to evaluate correctly. At first I thought it was a new reviewer that didn’t know the ups and downs, but now I see that all of them have orders to reject everything, and to top it all off unlike before where you got an additional explicit personal comment for your rejection, now you get the same careless copy paste message “After reviewing the video, we have decided that the clip will not appeal to a large enough audience, and does not meet Videohive’s standards of subject matter.” After reading this and looking at other approved files I just don’t get it. Some people make a living just from selling stock. Now they have they’re bread cut into half and the Envato Staff gives a copy paste explanation. You be the judge, what do you think?

5167 posts
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+12 more
felt_tips Moderator says

If you want feedback on your item, then you’d need to post a link to it. Otherwise, who’s to say.

I’ve moved this to Item Discussion.

14 posts
  • Located in Europe
exe says

I don’t have a link because it didn’t get approved, I have some friends in the same situation, I watched over the years how things work here on Videohive, I am not a beginner and I can see that things aren’t right, something is up and things aren’t fair anymore, mostly when you see beginners get not so good files approved, and yours rejected. :) But that’s life nobody cares. Thanks for your consideration!

14 posts
  • Located in Europe
exe says

How can this get approved and thousands more like this? [link removed – forum rules] and I guaranty you that mine was… let’s say a little bit better :). It’s not so high quality, not sharp, it’s overexposed, unsaturated, etc. But hey I can do something like this, I have some trees next to where I live, If I were to go out the window and film them, than I would get something very artistic like this and have many sales! This is why I don’t think it’s fair because (I’m sorry to say) crappy files like this get approved and other more artistic ones don’t.

1815 posts
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
+12 more
SamBerson says

Hey there. Please upload your preview file to YouTube or Vimeo and share the link so we can comment further.

14 posts
  • Located in Europe
exe says

Ok I uploaded two previews, these are just a few of my rejected files. Considering the others that got accepted, I don’t think these are weaker. Did I do something wrong? Do they really look that bad :( ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YM5s6Xz0QOQ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvtmymZYDgE
1815 posts
  • Provided great feedback to improve the user experience on Envato Market
  • Contributed a free file of the month
+12 more
SamBerson says

They aren’t very interesting. The flower one doesn’t really move much, and so is probably best suited on PhotoDune. The snail one is ok, but the colour from the light is too harsh.

14 posts
  • Located in Europe
exe says

Yeah I guess you’re right, but others that look worse got in, so I guess it’s just about luck, and which reviewer takes care of your uploads.

342 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United Kingdom
+2 more
StencilMedia says

Looks like your snail made it through! It’s on the homepage.

14 posts
  • Located in Europe
exe says

Yeah :D I had 4 versions, I guess the two rejected were unlucky and found a tough reviewer :), Anyway I would like to thank the one who approved the other two :), and I wish you all the best of luck and many sales!

by
by
by
by
by
by