7 posts
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
rockythemes says

Hi guys,

i am trying to get one of my themes approved but i find it very hard to get the theme approved.

i got a soft rejected about one week ago… did some modifications but now i got another message:

Unfortunately your submission Creativo – Responsive MultiPurpose WordPress Theme isn’t quite ready for ThemeForest.

Additionally, we have some extra feedback for you:

The changes are not enough. When a change is requested it should be significant enough to change the look and feel of the site. Changing a few elements does not change the visual inconsistencies in your design.

If you’re unsure how to proceed and need further feedback, you might consider asking for input from other community members and designers via our forums.

my current theme can be found at: http://rockythemes.com/creativo/

i am looking for some one to help me out with this item and get it approved, as i invested a lot of time to create it !

any feedback would be highly appreciated :)!

thanks

7 posts
rockythemes says

any ideas? i am also looking for a collaboration with anyone that could help me get accepted :)

539 posts Dream big
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in a magazine
  • Has referred 50+ members
+4 more
pixel-industry says

Hi,

your theme looks nice. i think it’s a very good start. First thing I really don’t like is the menu. Typography is looking pretty oldish, not polished enough.. You need to spice it up a bit. Hover on menu is too light, it shoud be in the color of the theme.. You have some padding issues 8they are not consistent throughout design). i also don’t like headings on home page (something’s wrong with them).. love the hover animation on portfolio, but the look of the content on hover could be better… So take your time to fix those paddings and margins and work a bit on those sections sudgested and I think you’ll be on a right track. Good luck :)

7 posts
rockythemes says

thanks pixel-industry… love your works, good luck with whisper! any chances you can actually give a clear insight on the fonts.. colors and such? i’m doing all the work: design & programming and i think i’m a bit lost in details… what do you mean padding issues? can you pin point the problems with the headers? i changed them just a few days ago…

i really cant see things clearly now, so your ideas are gold to me!

btw, i’m actually looking for long-term collaboration with designers – and your work is amazing, so if you want i strongly believe we could work something together…

11 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 1 year
snapcold says

Hey rockythemes,

Your theme looks nice. Just fix small things and i hope it gets approved. You can get started with:

1. When you hover over the design/sliders/colors/fonts, the title gets the dark green hover effect first before getting the actual light green hover color. You might want to fix that.

2. ‘Buy this theme’ button is not properly vertically aligned.

3. In the ‘Resources Used’, fix right padding after the %.

4. In the Recent Posts, the date seem to have lots of top/bottom margin.

Good luck.

7 posts
rockythemes says

snapcold thanks for replying…

however i think they need more than that! i quote:

“Additionally, we have some extra feedback for you: The changes are not enough. When a change is requested it should be significant enough to change the look and feel of the site. Changing a few elements does not change the visual inconsistencies in your design. If you’re unsure how to proceed and need further feedback, you might consider asking for input from other community members and designers via our forums.”

what’s strange is that i don’t know exactly what they want… pixel-industry had some good points, i just wish i could talk with him more about the issues of my theme…

any feedbacks are 100% welcome!

539 posts Dream big
+4 more
pixel-industry says

snapcold thanks for replying…

however i think they need more than that! i quote:

“Additionally, we have some extra feedback for you: The changes are not enough. When a change is requested it should be significant enough to change the look and feel of the site. Changing a few elements does not change the visual inconsistencies in your design. If you’re unsure how to proceed and need further feedback, you might consider asking for input from other community members and designers via our forums.”

what’s strange is that i don’t know exactly what they want… pixel-industry had some good points, i just wish i could talk with him more about the issues of my theme…

any feedbacks are 100% welcome!

Hi, sorry for late reply, we’ve been working on some bugs :D.. At this point we already have a WP developer, but if we’ll be looking for another one, we’ll contact you. Thank you for your kind words about our work.

About the paddings – for example that “quote” after the slider has a decent padding, but after that there are services which now looks way off, looks like there is too much padding. When you hover it it looks better. Maybe you should but services on some background, just slightly darker then the background of the page. Also, the services part should have top margin size the same as bottom – to give more vertical visual hierarchy.

About the font, try something a bit “bolder” – but not too much bolder :), if you know what I mean. Open Sans or Droid Sans would look good here for headings (I think :)), and Helvetica maybe for the text. Headings on services should be a bit smaller maybe. Also, the heading and service text should be a bit closer to the icon – there you have too much padding.

I really don’t like the menu – do something with that. Definitely another font and darker hover. remove that white border on top bar, and maybe align that left and work a bit on that “purchase” button. I really like the green button in the content – do something like that with black one.

Make the progress bar on the slider a bit thicker and put it immediately after the menu, on the top of the slider – also it would be cool if it would be green.

Well, i think that’s it for now – try this so we’ll se how it will work :)

7 posts
rockythemes says

again, thank you pixel-industry for your feedback. i tried to create a better design following the blueprints you showed me, however i am still not there yet. i just got a new reply from the review team, i quote:

I’m sorry but the earlier review stands. I’m not seeing sufficient improvements here. Your template does not provide a unique enough design with the necessary design quality, features and options to compete in the marketplace at this time. As higher quality templates become available in the marketplace, approval requirements will increase to maintain appropriate marketplace quality.

Try moving away a bit from the header/slider/teasers/footer layout in the homepage. The inner pages look simplistic and generic.

While I’d be able to provide feedback as to how to get this approved, I can only do after it has crossed a certain threshold, quality wise. I’m sorry to say this isn’t there yet.

as i see it i need to work on the inner pages, maybe a new kind of blog pages and portfolio… any suggestions would be great, i’m really struggling here to get my theme approved!

can you help?

539 posts Dream big
+4 more
pixel-industry says

Hi,

I know this is frustrating.. It was the same for us when we started here. Just don’t give up and try harder.. Can you send the link with the changes you made? Try to listen to reviewer – tweek something on the home page – maybe make something with the menu – so it stands out and maybe some other way for displaying services and portfolio on the home page – just to make it different than current themes on themeforest – some little feature that will stand out. Post the link and I’ll try to give you more advices..

7 posts
rockythemes says

pixel-industry i owe you big time.

the live link can be seen here: http://rockythemes.com/creativo/ with the actual changes – unfortunately i don’t have a copy of the old theme.

the way i see it the header, footer and slider are ok, but the inner pages are not according to their saying: “Try moving away a bit from the header/slider/teasers/footer layout in the homepage. The inner pages look simplistic and generic.”

any ideas?

by
by
by
by
by
by