89 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $500,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured on Envato Market
+7 more
MVPThemes says

So this is the second time very recently that I’ve noticed items that were just approved end up as a Weekly Featured Item list within a week or two of being approved.

Meanwhile, I’ve put together some pretty successful themes but none have ever been featured on the homepage.

This isn’t so much a complaint as a curiosity as to what I would have to do to get an item featured. Are there certain minimum requirements that the theme needs to meet in terms of features or design in order to get featured? Is it random (since I have seen some themes with minimal features/design that are featured)?

My latest theme was actually featured on Forbes.com and have had other themes featured on other sites, but I have yet to be featured on Themeforest, which seems a little backwards.

Not a huge deal by any means and I’m actually using the “snub” as fuel to try and put something out that finally does get featured, but I’d like to know more info on what the folks that select these items are looking for so I can hit the mark a little better.

Thanks!

89 posts
+7 more
MVPThemes says

I tried looking for a general answer to this among the other threads but couldn’t find anything.

I guess no one has any idea of what TF is looking for out of their featured files?

296 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
CodeFusion says

AFAIK featured authors are staff picked.

You must have been featured at one time or another as you have the “Featured” badge. (person with star on shoulder)

480 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
  • Located in United Kingdom
+3 more
FlatKing says

You must have been featured at one time or another as you have the “Featured” badge. (person with star on shoulder)

Being featured and having a featured items are two different things but yes, staff picked
296 posts
+3 more
CodeFusion says

I didn’t realize you get a badge for having an item in the “Weekly Features” box – I thought the badge was for being on the bottom of the front page – or at least that’s when I got mine.

89 posts
+7 more
MVPThemes says

AFAIK featured authors are staff picked.

As FlatKing mentioned, I was a featured author, but I never had any of my items as the Weekly Featured Item.

I am aware that the staff selects which items to be afeatured, but what I am looking for is some insight as to what goes into selecting an item to be featured.

In other words, are there minimum requirements as far as features (does it have to be ecommerce-ready)? Are there certain design elements they look for? does it have to have a minimum rating?

I just don’t see any consistent theme between the items that are featured. Some are brand new while others have been out for a while. Some only have a few sales (even though they have been out for a while), while others are very popular themes even before they were featured.

Having that badge on your item saying it was featured on the marketplace is a great selling point and I’d like to just get some insight as to what I would need to do to make that happen. Thanks!

480 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
  • Located in United Kingdom
+3 more
FlatKing says

I spoke to some staff before about it they just said it’s what catches their eye, something that’s growing quickly or just really good.

I wouldn’t say it Needs any features such as woocommerce or paralax it just needs to stand out from the crowd, I’ve requested staff reply for your sake hopefully get a better answer than that!

296 posts
+3 more
CodeFusion says

AFAIK all the featured stuff is hand picked by staff – no requirements other than luck of the draw.

I recall someone else asking a long time ago and general consensus was to ask staff (item reviewer team I believe) to feature you / your item.

89 posts
+7 more
MVPThemes says

Thanks for the info guys.

How exactly would one go about requesting to be featured?

296 posts
+3 more
CodeFusion says

How exactly would one go about requesting to be featured?

I’d start with one of the review team members – whoever reviews your TF items. Maybe contact them via the profile page. I know that if you submit a support ticket, the support team often delegates some of the (appropriate) tickets directly to the review team to answer.

by
by
by
by
by
by