5 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
Psylacus says

Posted this on another posters link but figured rather start my own. I am trying to understand some of the applications of Regular license. So I am curious to how liscences work. I run a youtube channel and I wanted to use music from here. I bought a track Fire for 14 dollars and it said I can use it for a single website. I am a private reviewer and I don’t make much money, but its great to have background music for my reviews. I just want to make sure they don’t require me to buy a song everytime I want to use it for every video, though its all used on the same channel/website and only by me.

SimpleProductions
SimpleProductions Recent Posts Threads Started
54 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
SimpleProductions says

I believe what you’re looking for is an extended license:

http://audiojungle.net/licenses/regular_extended

hope that helps!

5 posts
Psylacus says

Hmm not really, I have read that page and I am still confused by its clarification. Both say a single application which is for my youtube site. Both are extremely vague and are similar in nature in that listed posting. – Or perhaps I don’t understand and that’s why I am asking for clarification. I am the only one using these tracks for content to be viewed NEVER sold.

For a little guy like me, buying a 70 dollar track is a little out of the question.

296 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
soundengine says

Hi Psylacus, both extended license and regular license states that usage is limited to one application.

I think you need to use your own judgement when understanding the licensing terms. According to me, if you are making different review videos about different products then it would mean a different application each time. So it means another regular license for each video.

But for a logo it might be different becasue a logo created for one brand means a single application and you should be able to include it in the beginning of all your videos with a single regular license.

If these terms are not viable for your business, then i think you need to get a custom track for your project.

But i might be wrong, so you better use your own judgement or ask a person who understands legal stuff.

SimpleProductions
SimpleProductions Recent Posts Threads Started
54 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 3 years
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
+3 more
SimpleProductions says

Is your youtube channel hosting a podcast series? If that is the case, you should be OK with the regular license – I was just looking at letter “G” under extended licenses to make my case for you getting an extended license. I may be misunderstanding the terminology however.. But if you look at license usage examples (link on the same page) it would seem you’d be okay if you use the file over and over as long as it’s within a freely downloadable series.

5 posts
Psylacus says

Still a lot of grey area. I just don’t want to be stealing from people hard earned work, but at the same time I can’t afford to paying 14 dollars for a video I don’t make much if any money off in the first place. So I guess it boils down to, either its ok to use the songs I purchase in general video’s. I am not a corporate entity, just looking to give people are good show and some knowledge.

Hopefully someone will get back to me that understands this legal stuff.

287 posts
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 6 years
  • Pulled off some great moustache to raise money or awareness for Movember Australia
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
+5 more
raptour Envato team says

From the article on our wiki -> AudioJungle: Regular and Extended License Usage Examples – http://wiki.envato.com/buying/licenses-buying/audiojungle-regular-and-extended-license-usage-examples/

The Regular License could be used for any of the following:
-Single free online video such as a free tutorial, animation, cartoon or YouTube™ video.

447 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
Depard says

I don’t know is it good for you or no,but maybe You can find someone to make song just for you.It will be like freelance work:) If it’s not against rules,you can send me e-mail.But only if some rock music track will be good for you.I don’t make other genres of music:)

5 posts
Psylacus says

Thanks for the info, I will discontinue use of the tracks then immediately . Thanks for the input, going to try and see if I can find some other way to get some music. Thanks One time usage is an ouch.

22 posts
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+2 more
ShawnBreeZe says

Hey Psylacus, look at http://audiojungle.net/collections/739793-bargain-basement. Extended License only 15$.

by
by
by
by
by
by