549 posts
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Spain
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
tacoMusic says

Hi,

I remember a brief discussion about this when a customer complained in the forums about their YouTube video being flagged for copyright infringement because they had used a track they purchased from AJ. Was that because the track was licenced elsewhere under the Content ID programme, or because Envato enlists its authors’ tracks in Content ID?

My understanding is that the tracks we upload are not part of the Content ID programme (which is a good thing as it can lead to all sorts of problems in my opinion). If you’re wondering what Content ID is, take a look here and if you’re wondering why I think it’s a bad thing, take a look here for a synopsis.

To pre-empt questions, think about it from the customer’s perspective – if you had ads from competitor companies popping up on your promotional video because of a track you’d purchased, I think you’d agree it’s unlikely you’d return to buy more from that place.

Anyway, would be interested to know the official position of Envato on this please.

Thanks,

Taco

2584 posts
  • Community Ambassador
  • Community Manager
  • Support Staff
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • United States
+15 more
scottwills Staff says

Hi Taco,

Happy New Year. :) YouTube occasionally incorrectly flags some AudioJungle audio as a copyright infringement, that’s what causes the issue you are referring to. We have an article about it in the KnowledgeBase:

http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Live/Knowledgebase/Article/View/416/0/youtube-incorrectly-flagged-my-video-for-copyright-infringement-what-do-i-do

Regarding ContentID, no, Envato does not own or enter any of it’s author’s work into ContentID. That is the optional responsibility of the copyright owner, which is you, the author, should you choose to pursue it. Hope this helps! :)

549 posts
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Spain
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
tacoMusic says

Hi Scott,

Happy New Year too :) Thanks for clarifying that, appreciate you providing an answer so quickly and it certainly puts my mind at rest.

All the best,

Taco

by
by
by
by
by
by