• United States
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Bought between 100 and 499 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Support Staff
+16 more
scottwills Staff says

Hey guys, we’ve been hearing a couple of reports where legitimately licensed AudioJungle music used in YouTube videos has been flagged as ‘illegal’. Has this happened to anyone reading this? If so, please let us know in the comments what happened. For example, did you receive an e-mail warning from YouTube or did you just find out when you tried viewing your content? Was your content removed/disabled, and what did you do (if anything) to revoke the warning with YouTube?

It would obviously be ideal if we were able to work with YouTube to ensure that legally licensed AudioJungle music would never be flagged as a copyright infringement for our customers/authors as this is obviously an inconvenience for everyone concerned. It shouldn’t be happening so we’re trying to find out how and why it’s happening and what our options are to prevent this from happening in the future.

Someone at Envato is investigating this issue and before they create a dialogue with YouTube your feedback and personal experiences with using AudioJungle content on YouTube would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance for helping us investigate this issue and we hope it hasn’t affected too many customers or authors.

806 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
Art-of-Sound says

It seems that nearly every second track uploaded to YouTube nowadays gets a copyright claim by someone. Most of the claims are bogus and apparently done with the purpose of displaying ads next to your video. I got an absurd copyright claim from some company for Mendelssohn’s Wedding March played live in my sister’s wedding video. Needless to say, the song is in the public domain and not illegible to copyright protection.

So anyway, no need to panic, with a few simple steps you can restore your good name. When YouTube mistakenly identifies your audio content, go to the video in question at ‘video manager’ and submit a dispute form:

As soon as YT team reviews your dispute it pulls the restrictions off.

290 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Referred between 50 and 99 users
  • United States
SchwartzSound says

I haven’t had any issues with my AJ items posted on YouTube, but I have had this one video flagged twice that had some simple looped music I put in the background (not an AJ item)—In listening to the other conflicting works, I did notice a particular unique sounding drum sample that I used (from a RF instrument library) was also coincidentally used in the other songs. I explained that and the claims were released, so I’ve never had any real issue. But that’s simply the risk in using library material and software instruments, it’s bound to be that someone somewhere has used a similar sound at some point in their own music. I wonder how much of that aspect is contributing to this AJ issue?

It does seem to me that YouTube is flagging stuff for bizarre and bogus reasons, but I’m sure their philosophy is something along the lines of “better to have flagged and lost than never flagged at all”

652 posts Allegro120 Composer
  • Elite Author
  • Sold between 100 000 and 250 000 dollars
  • Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
  • Exclusive Author
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Bought between 10 and 49 items
  • Spain
Allegro120 says

I think what you wrote Art of Sound we should save it all and have it as a tutorial.

I think it’s important.

Thanks Art of Sound. :)

806 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 100 and 199 users
Art-of-Sound says

No problem. ;)
I’ve lost count of how many times I had to undergo this procedure. The last one was about my own track – a traditional Irish tune.

2613 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Support Staff
+16 more
scottwills Staff says

Thanks so much for all the quick responses! I think what Art-of-Sound posted (thanks!) is going to help customers the most. We’re going to add this information to the KnowledgeBase so customers know what to do if their YouTube content is incorrectly flagged. Thanks again! :)

52 posts
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
  • Exclusive Author
  • Italy
  • Sold between 100 and 1 000 dollars
EdC_arts says

The ‘claim generation’ is automatic; it happened in all my videos were I played a classic piece.. In that case I flagged the last option and the claim went away but unless the author is a big or asks for removing the music nothing more will happen but the presumed author earning from your music. My digital distributor let me earn royalties on youtube click even if I’m not a partner; is interesting to note that as soon as I posted a video with my song I received the claim within an hour :) In this particular case I did nothing because that little ad banner they add is where my tiny royalties come from :superbashfulcute:

1257 posts
  • Bought between 1000 and 4999 items
  • Has been a member for 6-7 years
  • Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
graphic4444 says

I got a notice on one of my youtube videos that had as a background track one of the songs I bought here earlier (it was a holiday themed popular songtrack, fwiw, “we wish you a merry xmas”); it says:

” Your video “(name of my video)”, may have content that is owned or licensed by (name) for a 3rd Party, but it’s still available on YouTube! In some cases, ads may appear next to it.

This claim is not penalizing your account status. Visit your Copyright Notice page for more details on the policy applied to your video.

Sincerely, – The YouTube Team

When I clicked on the link it had a button saying “I believe this copyright notice is not valid”, rather than clicking that I just deleted the video off youtube. How to handle this? It was for a holiday-themed audio / video. If I buy an audio track here, I can use it as part of background for a video I produce for youtube, right?

2613 posts
  • Envato Staff
  • Has been a member for 7-8 years
  • Football Contest Participant/Runner-up
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
  • Won a Competition
  • Support Staff
+16 more
scottwills Staff says

When I clicked on the link it had a button saying “I believe this copyright notice is not valid”, rather than clicking that I just deleted the video off youtube. How to handle this? It was for a holiday-themed audio / video. If I buy an audio track here, I can use it as part of background for a video I produce for youtube, right?

Yes, the license you purchase on AudioJungle covers use on YouTube videos. No need to delete your video. :) The article below may help you, graphic4444. :)

http://support.envato.com/index.php?/Knowledgebase/Article/View/416/0/youtube-incorrectly-flagged-my-video-for-copyright-infringement-what-do-i-do
3 posts
  • Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 5-6 years
  • United States
dkangelis says

Yes! I have had serious issues with Youtube and AudioJungle…something which doesn’t seem to happen with PremiumBeat. I love AudioJungle and have spent hundreds of dollars on song licenses only to go through massive Youtube headaches. It could be my misinterpretation of Regular License versus Extended. Youtube always flags me beginning with the email:

“At this time, we are unable to approve your video(s) because we do not have sufficient information regarding your commercial use rights.”

Then I send them all required information in detail with links back to the song on AudioJungle, etc. Even if Monetization is turned off—I’ll get:

“you have demonstrated with reasonable certainty that you have the necessary authorizations to use this music”

No matter how many time I resend more detailed info it never gets resolved (and I even sent a snapshot of my bank account once because they said they needed proof that I paid for these license)....its just ridiculous. This has happened EVERY time with my video using AudioJungle. On the flipside…I have many friends who have post commercial music ILEGALLY and Youtube never flags them and even allows them to monetize there stuff. I don’t get it. It also seems that most of the Youtube responses I get appear to be automated as, from what I understand, only companies who spend serious ad dollars get a “real” human being contact. I guess they cant provide customer support to over billion people. It sucks.

Anyways, thats my rant. Just for the record…can I get clarity on Regular vs Extended Licenses. Does Regular Licenses allow you to post to social media (w/monetization) or do you have to purchase an Extended License. The reason I’m asking is that I have a friend who bought an Extended License through AudioJungle who just got his stuff rejected by Youtube also. Help! :)

by
by
by
by
by
by