It’s pretty amazing. However, I noticed it doesn’t react to the window resize event. When you load a video with a large window, the upper part which is the video container, does not scroll, which is good. But if you re-size your browser window, it still maintains this behavior until you refresh. I also noticed another little issue. The flash player seems to be using bitmaps for the seeker and other controls. It makes them look bad when you switch to the full screen mode.
I’m not a fan to be honest. Seems everything takes a bit more space and it just makes it a little harder to find everything.
- Author had a File in an Envato Bundle
- Author had a Free File of the Month
- Author has had an Item Featured
- Author was Featured
- Bought between 50 and 99 items
- Exclusive Author
- Has been a member for 4-5 years
- Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
I like the tabbing of All activity, Subscriptions, Recommendations, etc. Usually your whole Youtube homepage is filled with crap.
I really don’t like the comments scrolling.. it feels ‘wrong’ scrolling from the top of the page and only the bottom half actually scrolling.. feels constrained and clumsy.
It feels really uncomfortable only being able to read at the bottom of the screen. (maybe this is just me ;))
It might be ok if you could fold away the video part to read..
It is easier to flick between comments and the video as you can just look up and down rather than scroll up and down, presumably this was their intention.
Personally I rarely do this tho so I prefer the old.
- Has been a member for 3-4 years
- Exclusive Author
- Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
- Bought between 10 and 49 items
- Referred between 1 and 9 users
- Most Wanted Bounty Winner
- Microlancer Beta Tester
- Grew a moustache for the Envato Movember competition
I am really impressed – didn’t know that something like that would be possible with Youtube. Actually I also like the new ‘Cosmic Panda’ Look. I’ll go for it for the next time – lets see if I notice any issues.