201 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has sold $125,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
Darkpulse says

Ok why not forbid any element 3D pre render (as It should being) and accept element 3D project (with our own material and object) ? When ?

181 posts
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Has referred 10+ members
+2 more
MRMdesigns says

Well, here’s an idea. Why not make a requirement to submit source project files for 3D pre-rendered elements? It could just be another field to fill out in the upload form.

It’s a good idea, but there is one reason why I think it will certainly not happen. Source files introduce new software, new software – new plug-ins. Reviewers would need to have tens of software packages to be installed in order to view those files. They would also need to know how to use all of them. And, most importantly, projects with source files which were made using unpopular or even custom-made software would be rejected, because ‘reviewers couldn’t prove it’s not pre-rendered Element 3D’. Just ridiculous amount of inconveniences.

338 posts
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
  • Had an item featured in an Envato Bundle
+5 more
vaynah says

Some are just too blatant How did this item get approved: http://videohive.net/item/breaking-stone-plate-logo-intro/3193958

The author even wrote in the description “If you want I will send Element 3D project file”. he has now removed that part though :)

1620 posts I create things I wish existed
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Won a competition
  • Made it to the Authors' Hall of Fame
+8 more
cyzer says

ticket sent

5164 posts
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+12 more
felt_tips Moderator says

Reviewers would need to have tens of software packages to be installed in order to view those files. They would also need to know how to use all of them.

So just the same as a freelancer then? :)

5164 posts
  • Provided great contribution to our forums
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
+12 more
felt_tips Moderator says

The problem as MRM also points out is really that it’s hard to prove use of Element 3D.

It’s very hard to police, but maybe a declaration to make it the author’s sole liability, with a checkbox in the upload form might do the trick. Something like…

I warrant that this project was created with licenced copies of the relevant software and contains no pre-renders from plug-ins or software whose licenses do not allow this, for instance Element 3D from Videocopilot. I accept sole liability for use of software or plug-ins that violates end user licence agreements

A declaration to the effect that use of unlicensed preview images is also the author’s responsibility might not be bad either. Not just…“no there aren’t any [cough, cough]”, but more “I accept sole, legal, worldwide liability”. That phrases it a little more strongly.

201 posts
  • Has referred 200+ members
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+9 more
Darkpulse says
348 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $40,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
+6 more
andrenavarre says

Nice find Darkpulse ;) It looks like the rules aren’t clear to authors who don’t come to the forums everyday…

4908 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $5,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Member of the Envato Team
+9 more
MarkBrodhuber Envato team says

Hey guys,

I just wanted to let you know that we are investigating the file in question. And for future reference, as we’ve stated before, we do not permit the sale of any projects that make use of prerendered assets which were created using Element 3D.

118 posts
  • Has sold $10,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
+1 more
WilQ5 says

So what is waiting for these authors who did really breached the rulles ? Will they lose license for selling theyr items or the item will be just removed ? :) I,m just curious and i think all this should be known for every author here :)

by
by
by
by
by
by