1 post
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
sarahpeller says

I’ve never installed a theme into wordpress before, so maybe I’m doing something wrong here. I bought the Vitality theme. I downloaded it and unzipped all the files. Then, when I logged onto wordpress to install the theme, it asked me for a zip file. I had already unzipped them all, so I went back to the site and downloaded Vitality again. There were 5 zip files in there and I’m assuming the one I need to upload is the one called “ud-vitality-quickstart-package-UNZIP”? But when I try to upload it I get an error message from Wordpress saying “are you sure you want to do this?”.

What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks so much for you help :)

2638 posts Community Team
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+18 more
contrastblack Envato team says

Hey Sarah,

There is nothing wrong with your process. Once a WordPress theme is purchased, you simply need to go to your downloads page and select “Installable WordPress Files” from the dropdown, and upload this .zip as is to your WordPress installation.

Please ensure that you are indeed trying to install a WordPress theme. I am having trouble finding any item called Vitality that works with WordPress. If you are referring to this Item, it is not compatible with WordPress, but rather with Joomla.

If that is the case, please contact http://support.envato.com for further assistance. Thank you!

1297 posts The Last Man Standing
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
ImanGM says

Hi,

Please go here: http://themeforest.net/downloads and click on “Download” link right beside your purchased item. Then choose “Installable WordPress file only” and download this file.

Once it’s downloaded, you can install it in your WordPress.

By the way I can’t find the item that you’ve mentioned in WordPress directory. Are you sure it’s a WordPress theme?

For further assistance you should directly contact your item author as they can help you better and faster.

Cheers,
Iman

1297 posts The Last Man Standing
  • Elite Author: Sold more than $75,000 on Envato Market
  • Has sold $75,000+ on Envato Market and is now an Elite Author
  • Has been a beta tester for an Envato feature
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
+7 more
ImanGM says

Aah… You won Contrastblack! ;)

2638 posts Community Team
  • Member of the Envato Team
  • Helped several times protecting Envato Market against copyright violations
  • Contributed a tutorial on Tuts+
  • Attended one of our Meetups around the world
+18 more
contrastblack Envato team says

Aah… You won Contrastblack! ;)

:D Your directions were impeccable nonetheless, and highly appreciated, Iman!

by
by
by
by
by
by