I’m doing a small brochure using Rob’s Magazine Style Flip Book. Now, because it features some tiny text scans of stationary items, I need to have a few images to Zoom and Pan (one image per page). I need to distribute this as an single .EXE file by email, so I can’t have external images or XML . I’ve looked at the marketplace and I bought these;
Zoom v2 XML Zoom Product Box (there’s a version without XML ) Zoom • Pan Controls with Dynamic Image and Settings
I have none to work on my Page Flip project; Zoom • Pan Controls, can work great as standalone, but looks like is conflicting with Page Flip Zoom v2, could also work on standalone files installing the component, but I don’t understand what else to do after that… XML Zoom Product Box works only on a HTML page, I think
I’ve posted for help on product pages and sent emails to the developers at no avail at present time.
Any ideas, help?
I’m not sure how your Rob’s Magazine Style Flip Book is set up and code behind it, but can suggest few things:
- You need to load one of the components you purchased on the page of your flip book, where you’d like to enable zoom/pan feature.
- If you’d like to incoprorate it to the whole flip book, you either need to load zoom and pan every time with different image, which is not very practical, or develop a functionality specifically to fit your flip book (which might require a developer depending on your skill set)
- And the last note: make sure you have same versions of Actionscript in your flip book and zoom/pan. The flip book can be coded in Actionscript 3, so you can load components with AS2 and AS3 version. But if the main component is in AS2 , you can load only AS2 components. Its a common mistake and frequently overlooked, so I thought I would point it out just in case.
Hope I was able to help you a bit:)
Thank’s for your reply SparkyFlash.
I had been very carefully choosing the AS versions of the components. I only work with AS 2 files.
I did imported the entire Zoom file libraries into the Page Flip file, and try then to reproduce the effect, following the instructions for standalone option.
I will try do debug again. Currently I’m trying to finish the pages and then I will get back to the Zoom and Pan question.
I’ve made this post hopping that someone could had the same challenge and could provide me with a good Zoom and Pan option that work on a standalone file. Plus, I need to have several instances of the Zoom feature, but with different images.
- United States
- Was featured in a podcast
- Attended a Community Meetup
- Author had a Free File of the Month
- Bought between 50 and 99 items
- Repeatedly Helped protect Envato Marketplaces against copyright violations
- Has been a member for 5-6 years
- Contributed a Tutorial to a Tuts+ Site
- Contributed a Blog Post
Moved to item discussion, best of luck
Plus, I need to have several instances of the Zoom feature, but with different images.
You can always specify a different XML file for Zoom and Pan component.
Good luck with your project! Seems interesting
I do have the Appz. flip book with zoom . Contact me with more details through my FD profile.
Installation of wordpress themes.. -Access your Web server using an FTP client or Web server administration tools. -Create a folder for your specific theme under “wp-content/themes” folder within WordPress installation.For example: <WordPressFolder>\wp-content\themes\<YourThemeName> -Copy or upload theme files exported from Artisteer into the newly created <YourThemeName> folder. -Login to your WordPress administration panel and select Design -> Themes. -In the ‘Available Themes’ section click on your theme title or screenshot, then click the ‘Activate Theme’ link to activate it.