11 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 5 years
  • Has collected 100+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in Portugal
jrsilva says

Hello.

I’m doing a small brochure using Rob’s Magazine Style Flip Book. Now, because it features some tiny text scans of stationary items, I need to have a few images to Zoom and Pan (one image per page). I need to distribute this as an single .EXE file by email, so I can’t have external images or XML . I’ve looked at the marketplace and I bought these;

Zoom v2 XML Zoom Product Box (there’s a version without XML ) Zoom • Pan Controls with Dynamic Image and Settings

I have none to work on my Page Flip project; Zoom • Pan Controls, can work great as standalone, but looks like is conflicting with Page Flip Zoom v2, could also work on standalone files installing the component, but I don’t understand what else to do after that… XML Zoom Product Box works only on a HTML page, I think

I’ve posted for help on product pages and sent emails to the developers at no avail at present time.

Any ideas, help?

jrsilva

11 posts
  • Located in Portugal
jrsilva says

Anyone, please…

584 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
SparkyFlash says

Hello jrsilva,

I’m not sure how your Rob’s Magazine Style Flip Book is set up and code behind it, but can suggest few things:

- You need to load one of the components you purchased on the page of your flip book, where you’d like to enable zoom/pan feature.

- If you’d like to incoprorate it to the whole flip book, you either need to load zoom and pan every time with different image, which is not very practical, or develop a functionality specifically to fit your flip book (which might require a developer depending on your skill set)

- And the last note: make sure you have same versions of Actionscript in your flip book and zoom/pan. The flip book can be coded in Actionscript 3, so you can load components with AS2 and AS3 version. But if the main component is in AS2 , you can load only AS2 components. Its a common mistake and frequently overlooked, so I thought I would point it out just in case.

Hope I was able to help you a bit:)

Sparky

11 posts
  • Located in Portugal
jrsilva says

Thank’s for your reply SparkyFlash.

I had been very carefully choosing the AS versions of the components. I only work with AS 2 files.

I did imported the entire Zoom file libraries into the Page Flip file, and try then to reproduce the effect, following the instructions for standalone option.

I will try do debug again. Currently I’m trying to finish the pages and then I will get back to the Zoom and Pan question.

I’ve made this post hopping that someone could had the same challenge and could provide me with a good Zoom and Pan option that work on a standalone file. Plus, I need to have several instances of the Zoom feature, but with different images.

2541 posts
  • Has referred 10+ members
  • Has sold $100+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 50+ items on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
+9 more
CreatingDrew says

Moved to item discussion, best of luck :)

584 posts
  • Has referred 1+ members
  • Has sold $1,000+ on Envato Market
  • Has collected 10+ items on Envato Market
+3 more
SparkyFlash says
Plus, I need to have several instances of the Zoom feature, but with different images.

You can always specify a different XML file for Zoom and Pan component.

Good luck with your project! Seems interesting :)

729 posts
  • Has collected 1+ items on Envato Market
  • Sells items exclusively on Envato Market
  • Located in United States
gWeb says

Hi,

I do have the Appz. flip book with zoom . Contact me with more details through my FD profile.

Best Regards,

gWeb.

2 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
themes4cms says

Installation of wordpress themes.. -Access your Web server using an FTP client or Web server administration tools. -Create a folder for your specific theme under “wp-content/themes” folder within WordPress installation.For example: <WordPressFolder>\wp-content\themes\<YourThemeName> -Copy or upload theme files exported from Artisteer into the newly created <YourThemeName> folder. -Login to your WordPress administration panel and select Design -> Themes. -In the ‘Available Themes’ section click on your theme title or screenshot, then click the ‘Activate Theme’ link to activate it.

4 posts
  • Has been part of the Envato Community for over 2 years
brightshine says
Hello, Maybe the guide I just googled can help you a little in creating page flip: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msrXz59jcaw

Hope it is helpful for you!

by
by
by
by
by
by