• Exclusive Author
  • Has been a member for 4-5 years
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Most Wanted Bounty Winner
  • Referred between 1 and 9 users
  • Serbia
+1 more
urbazon says

I’m using Zoom H2 for large portion of my sound recordings… And I’ve had so much fun with it so far, explaining to people what it actually is, explaining myself to security guards in supermarket, getting away from an old guy in Istanbul who thought it’s a bomb while it stood on the ground on a square near mosque… :D Boy, how interesting life is with portable recorders! :D

Yeah, I know this post was quite unrelated to the original question, but somebody mentioned waving around his Zoom recorder in questionable places… :)

677 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Has been a member for 2-3 years
  • Poland
  • Bought between 1 and 9 items
FxProSound says

I’m using Zoom H2 for large portion of my sound recordings… And I’ve had so much fun with it so far, explaining to people what it actually is, explaining myself to security guards in supermarket, getting away from an old guy in Istanbul who thought it’s a bomb while it stood on the ground on a square near mosque… :D Boy, how interesting life is with portable recorders! :D Yeah, I know this post was quite unrelated to the original question, but somebody mentioned waving around his Zoom recorder in questionable places… :)

I have used this recorder too, very handy and easy to use and good for capturing louder sounds, but noise level is too high for recording quiet instruments. Generally Zoom is a hum :) not for multitrack recording or capturing nature. You may record live shot of rock band in good sounding room but not choirs or classical music.

35 posts
  • Sold between 1 000 and 5 000 dollars
  • Germany
WebundKlang says

Hi fxprosound, what kind of field-recorder are you using? Thanks, Martin

150 posts
  • United States
  • Exclusive Author
JamesonGerdon says

In my track “now is the time” I used my zoom h2 for recording the acoustic guitar and vocals. I used the zoom for all acoustic instruments until I upgraded a few months ago to a CAD e100s. The zoom has a very usable sound, even in a mix

677 posts
  • Sold between 10 000 and 50 000 dollars
  • Poland
FxProSound says

Hi fxprosound, what kind of field-recorder are you using? Thanks, Martin
I prefer Sony PCM d50, but I have many sounds recorded by Zoom H2 – it’s not bad but has some limitations (recording level adjustement, self noise).

@ JamesGerdon – zoom is very usable when you have good signal from instrument, sometimes I’ve used it for recording musicians in strange places, where I was not able to take recording equipment. It’s quite good with low gain level and max volume on instrument :)

497 posts
  • Interviewed on the Envato Notes blog
  • Italy
  • Referred between 10 and 49 users
bosone says

I have the H4N and this song was entirely recorded with it:

http://audiojungle.net/item/tuaregs-dilemma/2779322

it was actually an improvisation I made without even turning on the PC, but I liked it so much that i decided to publish it as-is, with little post processing.

by
by
by
by
by
by