Currents is fully responsive, content focused & news driven theme for WordPress designed by Andy Rutledge. The main characteristics of Currents is how it chooses to offer headline post titles to visitors through a simple yet sexy design. Sometimes less really is more!
Fully Responsive DesignThe design will scale to fit on all browser widths/resolutions and on all mobile devices. Go ahead and scale your browser window and see the results. You can set the max-width to be 960px or 800px (default) in the options.
Featured Post SliderA custom homepage featured post slider to showcase your noteworthy news content, all powered by the fully responsive FlexSlider, which makes it usable on mobile devices.
Custom News AreaDeliver your site content to visitors through the Recent News area on your homepage, Featured Category areas on homepage and archives, and Related News on your single post page.
Author ProfilesWe’ve put an extra effort in to make it easy to have multiple authors, with a custom author page template and custom author widget. In addition we added some extra social fields to each authors profile.
Focus on HeadlinesA key design aspect of the theme is to show only titles on posts so the focus is on post headlines. Post excerpts/content can easily be enabled in the theme options if you don’t believe in “less is more” philosophy.
Custom TypographyYou can customize the typography in the theme to suit, and there is full support for Google Fonts in the font selector. By default it is using Bitter Google font.
Custom WidgetsThe theme has 2 widgetized sidebar and up to 4 footer widgetized areas, and as always comes with custom Woo Widgets (Ad Space, Blog Author, Authors List, Video, WooTabs, Subscribe & Connect, Search, Flickr and Twitter).
Alternative StylesThe theme includes a variation of alternative styles which you can preview in the demo, and also has styling options for background color/image and setting link and button color.
Our acclaimed WooFramework powers all our WordPress themes. It provides a reliable, structured codebase for you to customise at will, and boasts a load of useful features that sets our themes apart from the competition:
- Custom Shortcodes All our themes include custom shortcodes that allow you to easily add social links, styled buttons, content boxes, and content columns to your posts, pages and widgets.
- Backend Theme Options Extensive theme options let you further customise various parts of your website. Like adding your company logo, changing color schemes, adding tracking codes, setting up your footer space – all without touching any code.
- White Label Our Themes With the WooFramework settings panel you can replace any reference of WooThemes with your own logo and custom styling. Perfect for designers & developers using our products for client work.
- Localised For Translations WooThemes come packaged with a language file for easy WordPress theme translations into your desired language – editing one neat little file without hunting down text in all our theme templates.
- Custom Page Templates Our themes come packaged with a variety of page templates that allow you to customise posts and pages to display full width, showcase your blog archives, and provide useful information in a contact page.
- One Click Upgrades The WooFramework receives constant tweaks and upgrades, and thanks to the in-built framework updater you can make sure you are running the latest version with the click of a button.
- Cross Browser Compatible We’ve tested our themes to ensure they are compatible with all the modern web browsers like Firefox, Safari, Chrome and Internet Explorer.
We take huge pride in our customer support and how it has differentiated us from the competition. We have a support team located across 7 countries in just about every time zone and try our hardest to ensure support responses within 24 hours. We also have a wealth of resources including extensive theme documentation, a video library, and a knowledge base to help you get started.