I am trying to create a course without it being open to the public and am adding lessons and quizzes without linking them to a course. I am tying the quiz to the lesson. The problem I am having is that the quiz is not showing up anywhere on the lesson and is just letting me move onto the next lesson (listed under course “none”). How do I get the quiz to show up on the lesson? Also, on the quiz I am not seeing anywhere people would ‘submit’ it to see if they actually passed (80% correct); how do I get this to show up? Thank you in advance for your help.
Hi, lessons can’t exist without a course, in this case lesson sidebar options would be broken since they are related to the current course. Also action buttons like “Mark Complete”, “Take a Quiz” appear only if you’re taking the current course, please add these lessons to a private course and take it – these buttons will become visible. When quiz is completed confirmation message will appear above the quiz questions.
I am interested in this theme, however based on what I can tell I am not 100% sure it will work for what I need it for. If I purchase it and discover that it will not work will I be able to “return” it for a refund?
That is absolutely not my goal, I just need to be sure just in case.
Hi, please check the theme description and sign in on the live preview to check all available options, also you can view all back-end options on these screenshots http://themextemplates.com/screenshot/academy/ to make sure that this theme suits your project. As far as i know ThemeForest issues refunds only if item is broken or doesn’t work as advertised.
Something is wrong. I created a product in woocomerce, associated to a plan and a course and put another course which will be one of the plan’s course, in the same category of the plan. When I add user to the plan, it displays he signed to it, displays the ‘sub’ course from the plan. But when I click on the course from the related courses, he shows the course text, but doesn’t display the lessons !! Please tell me why!??
Beeing the course belonging to a plan, and the user added to plan, shouldn’t the course lessons be displayed as well ? Or should I manually add the user also to the related course, after he buys the plan?
Hi, if course is added to a plan please make it free and make sure that there’re no linked products, because course is already protected with a plan. In this way if user purchases a plan “Subscribe Now” button will be changed to “Take This Course” button and it will be possible to get access to the course lessons by clicking this button.
here is my problem. I have version 2.7 and the lessons are not ordering by date or by name and i can’t figure it out the order criteria. To upgrade the theme to current version, can I just replace the theme files?
Yes, you can replace the whole theme folder or reinstall it in Appearance/Themes section. Please try using this plugin for ordering lessons https://wordpress.org/plugins/intuitive-custom-post-order/
I went into our theme settings to verify something but didn’t change anything. Then, everything reverted back to the factory settings next thing I knew (a user of the site reported this). This is majorly embarrassing for us to have the academy logo up there and not ours. What caused this?
Hi, please make sure that “Reset Options” button was not clicked, if you accidentally click it please click “Save Changes” again without refreshing the page. Options can be erased from the database only if this button is clicked or other plugin erases all theme options.
Any ideas why our courses page has pagination but doesn’t need it? Then the page 2 doesn’t exist? http://appendto.com/courses/
Please edit this page and change it’s URL slug under the title field, “courses” word is reserved for course categories. Please try using “allcourses” slug for example.
I put the settings back and they just cleared again. This is unacceptable. Why is it doing this?
I just need to hard code this in now. I can’t have this switching back. can you please advise where in the css I can hardcode in the theme options?
Please try disabling third-party plugins, settings can’t be erased from the database automatically, unless some plugin does this or it’s done on the hosting provider site. If you want to change logo image in the theme code please set it on line 21 in academy/header.php file.
Thanks for the help, as always…
Hi, I am really interested in your theme. I love the layout. However I have some questions before I purchase that I am just not finding the answers to as I dig through the other comments. So if I am asking things already asked elsewhere I am sorry.
1) Do you have to use WooCommerce as the selling tool for courses with this Theme? I have an ecommerce solution, I do not need or want to use WooCommerce.
2) Is is possible for a customer to purchase elsewhere and go to a registration page on the sire to “register” for access to a specific program/course they purchase on the other site?
3) Can content be accessed over time rather than all at once? So “dripped”? For example in a 4 module course they get access to one Module a week for 4 weeks rather than all 4 Modules at the same time?
I think that is all for now
Hi, thanks, glad you like it!
1. Yes, this theme is integrated with WooCommerce for payment options.
2. It’s possible to add users manually in WordPress dashboard, but if you mean adding newly registered user automatically currently there’s no such option.
3. Yes, it’s possible to set delay for each lesson, for example if you set delays 1, 7, 14… New lesson will be shown once a week.
Hi, the theme works with the new update from WooCommerce 2.6.1?
Thank you very much!
Hi, currently there’re no known issues with the course checkout, please try updating WooCommerce if it’s required.
Hi! Thanks for the wonderful theme! I have two questions:
1) What is the name of the bullet-points class? I’d like to customize it but I can’t figure it out. I’ve came to something called “checked bordered” but I don’t think it’s the right one.
2) Can I set the users’ profile pages private, at least accessible only for other user? I don’t want to expose users’ sensitive information to everybody else.
Thank you very much again!
1. Basic bullet-points list has no specific classes, it can be set using “Unordered list” button in WordPress editor. Other formats can be selected in “Formats” menu http://screencast.com/t/ecLJEn82LAv
2. If you hide users on the course page using options in Appearance/Theme Options/Courses section then profile pages will be accessible only via direct links.
Hi, no problems with the woocommerce update 2.1.1? We can update the plugin or wait for theme update? Thank you
Hi, currently there’re no known issues related to the course checkout, please try updating WooCommerce.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $23.60