Acumen is the best supported and most extensible Magento theme in the world — and a best seller too.
Acumen is a powerfully flexible, grid-based Magento theme. It was designed specifically for easy customization and to fit a wide range of stores. Its minimal layout puts maximum attention on products, while keeping a clean and modern aesthetic throughout. You’ll love it!
A Remarkable History of Magento Compatibility
Store owners, developers, and design studios choose Acumen because it’s the best supported and most rigorously updated Magento theme available.
If your business counts on Magento, you can trust Acumen will always support the next update. It’s never missed one.
- Magento 220.127.116.11 — Released 2013-12-11
- Magento 18.104.22.168 — Released 2013-09-25
- Magento 22.214.171.124 — Released 2012-07-05
- Magento 126.96.36.199 — Released 2012-06-20
- Magento 188.8.131.52 — Released 2012-04-24
- Magento 184.108.40.206 — Released 2012-01-11
- Magento 220.127.116.11 — Released 2011-10-19
- Magento 18.104.22.168 — Released 2011-08-18
- Magento 22.214.171.124 — Released 2011-04-26
- Magento 126.96.36.199 — Released 2011-02-09
- Magento 188.8.131.52 — Released 2010-12-08
- Magento 184.108.40.206 — Released 2010-07-26
- Magento 220.127.116.11 — Released 2010-06-10
- Magento 18.104.22.168 — Released 2010-02-19
- Magento 22.214.171.124 — Released 2010-02-12
Over 3.5 Years of Acumen Updates — View Detailed Changelog
Acumen 1.3.6 is designed for Magento 126.96.36.199 Community Edition.
Acumen has been updated for every stable Magento release since its launch.
- Acumen 1.3.6 — 2014-02-08 — Updated for Magento 188.8.131.52
- Acumen 1.3.5 — 2013-10-01 — Updated for Magento 184.108.40.206
- Acumen 1.3.4 — 2012-05-31 — Updated for Magento 220.127.116.11 to 18.104.22.168 + 27 feature updates!
- Acumen 1.3.3 — 2012-03-19 — Snippets! Plus a massive number of optimizations!
- Acumen 1.3.2 — 2012-01-12 — Updated for Magento 22.214.171.124 + 7 new UI Widgets
- Acumen 1.3.1 — 2011-12-26 — UI Widgets! Big feature update!
- Acumen 1.3.0 — 2011-11-04 — Updated for Magento 126.96.36.199
- Acumen 1.2.9 — 2011-09-09 — Updated for Magento 188.8.131.52
- Acumen 1.2.8 — 2011-05-02 — Updated for Magento 184.108.40.206
- Acumen 1.2.7 — 2011-03-29 — Bug fix in JS form validation
- Acumen 1.2.6 — 2011-03-17 — Bug fix for IE
- Acumen 1.2.5 — 2011-03-11 — Updated for Magento 220.127.116.11
- Acumen 1.2.4 — 2010-12-17 — Updated for Magento 18.104.22.168
- Acumen 1.2.3 — 2010-08-15 — Updated Google Analytics handling
- Acumen 1.2.2 — 2010-08-13 — Updated for Magento 22.214.171.124
- Acumen 1.2.1 — 2010-07-17 — Minor bug fixes for Magento 126.96.36.199
- Acumen 1.2.0 — 2010-06-22 — Updated for Magento 188.8.131.52
- Acumen 1.1.0 — 2010-06-05 — Improved documentation, minor layout fixes, durable customization
- Acumen 1.0.0 — 2010-04-21 — Initial release
Acumen Custom Features
- 15 UI Widgets: create interactive content sliders, pop overs, featured product lists with ease.
- 15 Snippets: add content areas you can update from the Magento Admin with no coding!
- 960 Grid System: every template follows an orderly 12-column grid.
- HTML5 markup: scrubbed clean of bulk and infused with semantic power.
- CSS3 galore: progressively enhanced styles reward modern browsers while staying lean.
- Language translation ready: 100% of Acumen’s templates use Magento’s translation methods.
- 10 Sliders: New Products + Featured Products + Large Promo + Grid Based.
- Mega Navigation Menu: show the full catalog structure easily.
- Mini-Cart Menu: users see the cart on every page.
- Designed for customizations: includes override.css for easy upgrades.
- Web font ready: primed for Google Web Fonts, Typekit, @font-face, etc.
Magento Core Features
- Category (Grid & List View) + Faceted Navigation
- Product Page (with Related Products + Cross Sell + Reviews)
- Product types: Simple, Configurable, Grouped, Bundled
- Search Autocomplete
- Cart (with Up Sell) + Onepage Checkout + Multiple Address Checkout
- Customer Dashboard (with Order History + Reviews + Tags + more)
- CMS Pages (100% layout freedom with grids)
- Send to Friend + Wishlist + Gift Messages
Need more details? The Acumen Tour has you covered. Explore every aspect of Acumen’s development and see why it’s perfect.
#1. Quality Over QuantityWe focused on what matters: primary navigation, deep linking home page, manageable featured products, and seamless interaction. Still looking for color variations? Acumen supports over 65,000 via CSS. Acumen’s intelligent features are so natural, you’ll have to pay attention to notice them.
#2. Better DesignAcumen was made for clarity and organization. We shook up the visual hierarchy to highlight the most important information and removed the clutter. The result was beautiful catalog and product pages with prominent photography. Both checkout modes were streamlined for simplicity. View Acumen’s clean layouts.
#3. True Grid SystemWhile other themes claim to implement grids like 960.gs, they don’t. Look at the markup for proof. Every template in Acumen was stripped of Magento’s structural markup and replaced with our flexible grid. See Acumen’s grid framework.
#4. Better CodeWe followed Magento and Zend best practices when writing Acumen from theme fallback hierarchy to fully supporting multi-language translation. Every modification is annotated with comments, and the every frontend template’s markup was scrubbed for improved semantics and accessibility. That’s SEO gold. View our code practices.
#6. Rigorous UpdatesAcumen was a launch theme for the Magento category, and it has the most active development history. We’ve supported every stable Magento version with a full compatibility release (usually in ~1 week). Other themes are still multiple Magento versions behind. We’re streets ahead, view the changelog.
#7. Amazing SupportRead through the comments. We answer every question and problem within 24 hours, often much faster than that. We don’t ignore customers or bugs, and include a comprehensive Magento/Acumen installation guide with suggestions for server selection and store configuration settings to help you go live.
Hands-Down The Best Magento Hosting: Nexcess
GravDept has sold hundreds of Magento themes and has seen Magento running in over 40 different server environments. We know from experience what works and what doesn’t.
We recommend Nexcess hosting for Magento websites. Each SIP (Secure Isolated Platform) is an entirely self-contained and fine-tuned eCommerce environment. They provide the most stable, secure, and scalable out-of-the-box Magento hosting solution.
- Full PCI compliance
- Nightly database backups
- R1Soft continuous filesystem backups
- 7.5 GB of RAID 10 storage
- 16 GB memory
- 75 GB/mo bandwidth
- US-based and UK-based locations
GravDept uses Nexcess SIP-100 servers exclusively to showcase its Magento themes, and we fully recommend them to our clients.