Elegance. Flexibility. Awesomeness. These are the words that instantly come to mind when trying describe this amazing WordPress theme. This is the theme that’s going to get you or your client’s site up and running in no time. With all of the possible combinations of layout options, you’re sure to end up with a unique, elegant website that you can be proud of. Nothing has been held back with this one. It has all the professional touches you’d require in a WordPress theme along all the personal ones, as well – I’ve even named this theme after the mountain I grew up shredding as a kid in Alaska. It’s professional. It’s personal It’s the best. This is Alyeska.
- HTML5 and CSS tableless design
- Responsive design for all screen resolution sizes
- Option to turn special stylesheet that targets tablets and mobile devices off or on.
- Unbranded Theme Options Panel
- Layout Builder
- Slider Manager
- Widget Area Manager (i.e. Unlimited Sidebars)
- 6 Sidebar Layouts (Watch Video)
- Tons of shortcodes with shortcode generator (See screenshot)
- prettyPhoto lightbox integration (Watch Video)
- Dynamic typography with Google Font Directory support (Watch Video)
- 100% child theme compatible with sample child theme included (Watch Video)
- Optional no-click drop down menus (Watch Video)
- 5 Custom Widgets (Twitter, Video, Simple Contact, Mini Post Grid and Mini Post List)
- Localization-ready (for translation into foreign languages)
- New! – Full WPML compatibility. http://wpml.themeblvd.com
- New! – Sample Data included (Watch Video)
- New! – Developer tutorials for working with our framework. http://dev.themeblvd.com
Free Theme Blvd Addons
- Theme Blvd Admin Presence – Show or Hide theme’s admin pages.
- Theme Blvd Featured Link Override – Set site-wide featured image links.
- Theme Blvd Featured Videos – Replace featured images with embedded videos.
- Theme Blvd Image Sizes – Adjust your theme’s image crop sizes.
- Theme Blvd News Scroller Widget – A widget that scrolls through posts.
- Theme Blvd Piecemaker Addon – Add Piecemaker onto theme’s built-in sliders.
- Theme Blvd Post-to-Page Link – Link a post to a page for modifying the breadcrumb trail.
- Theme Blvd Responsive Google Maps – Responsive Google Map shortcode.
- Theme Blvd String Swap – Quickly translate text strings on frontend of your site.
- Theme Blvd WooCommerce Patch – Adds basic compatibility with WooCommerce.
- Theme Blvd WPML Bridge – Full WPML compatibility. http://wpml.themeblvd.com
Here is the quick step-by-step guide for how this theme’s demo homepage was setup from the WordPress admin panel. You can find much more information on the following steps in great detail by viewing the documentation that came in your theme’s download package. Keep in mind this is only a quick step-by-step for the theme demo’s homepage and you definitely do not have to setup your site in this way if you don’t want to.
- Install the theme under Appearance > Themes.
- Go to Settings > Reading > Frontpage Displays, and make sure you’ve selected “your latest posts”.
- Go to the Sliders page and create a custom slider.
- Go to the Builder page and create a new custom layout. Use “Alyeska Homepage” as your layout’s starting point. Configure your element settings, including selecting your custom slider in the slider element, and save the layout.
- Go to Appearance > Theme Options > Content > Homepage, select to show a custom layout, and select the custom layout you’ve created.
For your reference, listed here are all of the image sizes that your images get cropped to when using this theme. If your WordPress installation already has many images uploaded, it’s best to run the Thumbnail Generator plugin after installing the theme.
- Slider Full Width – 940×350 (hard crop)
- Slider Staged Left/Right – 530×312 (hard crop)
- 1/5 Column of Grid – 200×125 (hard crop)
- 1/4 Column of Grid – 240×150 (hard crop)
- 1/3 Column of Grid – 320×200 (hard crop)
- 1/2 Column of Grid – 472×295 (hard crop)
- Small Thumbnail of List – 195×195 (soft crop)
- Small Square – 130×130 (hard crop)
- Smaller Square – 70×70 (hard crop)
- Smallest Square – 45×45 (hard crop)
NOTE : If you require changes to these image sizes, you do have options. Learn More
On the live demo, you will see a section on the main menu called Sample Layouts. Within this theme framework, sample layouts are not anything that require any kind of XML import file. When you go to the Layout Builder to build your custom layouts, you have the option to choose from any of these sample layouts as your starting point.
So, in other words, when you install the theme, you have all of the sample layouts. You don’t need to import anything or perform any additional tasks.
In order to run this theme, your server must have PHP5 and you must have WordPress 3.2+ installed.
Listed here all of updates to this theme and when they were posted. In your WordPress admin panel, you can see what version of the theme you’re using by going to Appearance > Themes and looking at the version number next to the name of the theme. To update the theme, you need to download it again from your ThemeForest Downloads page, and update the files on your server. (See video: All About Updates)
- v2.1.5 – August 15, 2012
- v2.1.4 – July 2, 2012
- v2.1.3 – June 2, 2012
- v2.1.2 – May 25, 2012
- v2.1.1 – May 12, 2012
- v2.1.0 – May 7, 2012 – (Information about this update)
- v2.0.1 – January 28, 2012
- v2.0.0 – January 17, 2012 – Read here before updating to 2.0+
- v1.1.4 – December 14, 2011
- v1.1.3 – April 13, 2011
- v1.1.2 – March 16, 2011
- v1.1.1 – March 9, 2011
- v1.1.0 – March 7, 2011
- v1.0.2 – March 2, 2011
- v1.0.1 – February 28, 2011