“Amplus” which means “large” in Latin, is a feature-packed responsive, multilingual, multi-purpose WordPress theme which incorporates large featured images perfect business sites and online portfolios.
Support is available! Just comment here your questions
All buyers who have lower versions should update to the the latest one asap. Version 3.0 fixes all the reported bugs, incorporates tons of features, enhanced security and more importantly, support for the latest WordPress version
Responsive. We have used a customized version of GetSkeleton to make the theme look beautiful in desktops, tablets, and mobile phones. Our enhanced Cufon script allows for crisp fonts for retina-ready devices. Icons also use Font Awesome, and are all vectors, which look great in any resolution.
Multilingual. No more need for any WPML plugins, or any other external PO editors! Plus, RTL is fully supported! Adding new languages to the theme is made easy through out language admin panel. Just choose a locale, then add it! Afterwards, new language fields will be added to widget titles, menus, page/post/portfolio/pagemedia content and theme options. There is also a translation editor provided in the admin for changing static words found across the theme (e.g. read more button labels). Ours is a complete solution to all your multi-language needs.
Includes Pro Server Tips. Even if the theme is well coded and the scripts are all clean and fast, your server usually serves as a huge speed bottleneck for your visitors. We have included a bunch of pro tips for server optimization. These are tips which we ourselves use to speed up our websites. If you know to use a WordPress caching plugin and you think that’s enough.. that’s just the tip of the iceberg of optimization.
Easy Installation. Install and activate the theme from your admin, and notifications will show up on stuff which you still need to perform to successfully setup the theme. Documentation is also provided that contains detailed installation and setup instructions as well as frequently asked questions to help you on your way.
600+ Google WebFonts. We have included a ton of fonts for you to choose from.
Infinite scrolling. In blog pages, portfolio pages, search and archives, just scroll down and the next entries will be loaded automatically for you. No need to switch pages.
Pagemedia. This is a new type of post in our themes. Basically, a pagemedia is your page’s header and it can be an image, image slider, or video. You can assign any of your pages with a pagemedia. This allows for a lot of flexibility in your layouts.
Shortcodes. We have a lot of beautiful shortcodes available for you to use. All the shortcodes available as listed in the demo site and this can be used as your manual on how to use them. Also, as an added bonus, all the shortcodes are flexible, you can add custom styling to each shortcode. Just add the style attribute and you can put in your additional css styles.
reCaptcha. Stop getting spam in your comments and contact forms. reCaptcha is integrated in the theme, visitors would need to fill out a distorted phrase first to continue submitting forms.
Check out our tutorials to see how easy it is to setup your multilingual website.
Feel free to suggest future video tutorials!
Preview the Theme in Your Tablet / Phone
Full Feature Set
- Responsive, looks awesome in desktops, tablets and phone
- Multilingual. Not JUST translation ready, but a COMPLETE solution
- Multilingual widgets
- Multilingual content
- Multilingual menus
- Built-in .po editor
- No need for any translation plugins (e.g. no more WMPL)
- CDN offloaded scripts and styles
- 8 New widgets
- Flickr (using Flickr Photostream)
- Language switcher
- Newsletter signup (MailChimp)
- Page templates
- Portfolio template (2, 3, or 4 column layout)
- Blog template
- Sitemap template
- Unlimited colors
- Changeable background
- Nivo image slider
- Responsive embeded YouTube and Vimeo videos
- Infinite scrolling pages
- Smart admin
- Admin installation and setup notifications
- reCaptcha comment and contact forms
- MailChimp sign up form integration
- Unlimited sidebars
- Includes pro server tips
- Unlimited sidebars
- Left or right sidebars in your pages
- 4 Footer widgets
- Tons of shortcodes (view them in the demo site)
- HTML5, includes HAML source
- CSS3, includes SASS and Compass source
- 600+ Google WebFonts
- Bfi_thumb for image resizing
- Social network icons
- Vector icons (uses Font Awesome)
- Cross-browser compatibility for Safari, Firefox, Chrome, Opera, IE8, IE9, and IE10
- Extensive documentation with FAQs
- Video tutorials
- Includes pro server optimization tips
- TONS of long awaited fixes, features and updates:
- Supports WordPress 3.5.1!
- New fading border on pagemedia, looks much better!
- Now has a wider layout for larger screens!
- Now uses SASS & HAML!
- Now responsive!
- Replaced Cufon with 600+ Google WebFonts!
- Portfolio now has filters!
- Widgets are now translatable!
- RTL languages now supported!
- Now unbelievably an all-in-one multilingual solution!
- Now uses CDN to offload scripts and styles!
- Includes PRO server tips!
- Now implements infinite scrolling!
- Now uses the BFICore WP theme framework!
- Updated tons of scripts:
- - now uses ddsmoothmenu instead of superfish
- - updated nivo
- - now uses Flickr Photostream instead of Slickr-Flickr
- - removed Twitter Widget Pro and now uses our own scripts
- - now uses BFI_Thumb resizer instead of Timthumb
- Responsive embeded YouTube and Vimeo videos
- Smarter and easier admin
- Refined set of shortcodes
- No more image icons, say hello to vector icons from Font Awesome!
- New sitemap template
- Fixed bug where deleting a language does not work in Firefox
- Menus can now be translated
- Caching and minification feature removed since this was posing problems in some servers
- Translated page content will now be shown even if there is no translated page title
- Fixed bug where map and street view were not showing
- Fixed warning that shows up in headers
- Fixed warning that shows up in the languages admin
- Fixed bug where excluding styles for minification does not work
- Added an admin reminder to note when the cache folder is cleared
- More SEO-friendly meta description tag
- Added Follow Us admin menu
- Fixed display in IE7
- Fixed incorrect 1/4 column width in Firefox
- Now WordPress 3.2.1 compatible
- Greatly enhanced the looks and user-friendliness of the Amplus admin panels
- Sliders can now be placed in any page!
- Video and SWF can now be placed in the header of any page!
- Amplus is now translation ready with a built-in language translation editor. No need to use external editors such as Poedit anymore!
- Amplus now has a built-in Multi-Language support!
- Added 80+ Cufon fonts together with a font preview box when selecting a font in the admin
- Updated TimThumb and added enhancements for image lookup
- Added the new and powerful shortcode: Get Entry Shortcode
- Added new QR code and vCard QR code shortcodes
- Additional contact form fields can now be mandatory by adding an asterisk (*) on the field name
- Added table of contents for the Amplus > Style admin for easy navigation
- Added configurable style settings for tabs and accordions
- Modified and simplified the color customization
- Home page can now be any kind of page and is no longer required to be fixed to just having a page full of featureboxes
- Added language switcher widget that displays clickable flags for site-wide language switching
- Added an additional widget purely for using the language switcher
- New admin panel for managing your cache and minification settings
- Added new admin configuration option for adjusting your meta keywords and meta description
- Added new admin configuration for setting up locales and multi-language options, and uploading of language files
- Added new admin notices that points out errors and possible errors which need to be fixed to get the theme working, and reminders to guide you in setting up your site.
- Added better image detection for TimThumb images since some sites with proxy servers can’t find images
- Fixed link shortcode bug where it doesn’t scroll when no name parameter is given
- Fixed bug where TinyMCE buttons were not showing up for Windows servers
- Fixed bug where the read more button in archive pages and in search pages appear as text within the excerpt.
- Fixed z-order for the header so that it won’t appear in front of PrettyPhoto lightboxes.
- Fixed bug where additional contact form fields are not sent with the email message
- Fixed bug where the sending failed message in the contact form is never shown.
- Fixed bug where other page links were not being styled properly
- Fixed filter for removing unwanted paragraph tags in contents which are making layouting difficult
- Entry titles for blogs, portfolio, search and archive pages now correctly have hover colors
- Fixed some SEO issues regarding entry titles
- Titles in portfolio pages now get smaller the more columns are assigned
- Fixed autoplay for videos using Flowplayer
- Removed styling that forces all tables to have a black border
- Social links now open in a new tab/window
- Fixed warnings which show up if WP_DEBUG is true
- Fixed bottom borders for lists
- Removed @font-face support, since the major browsers support Cufon, and adding @font-face files for 80 fonts would add 30mb to the filesize
- Custom Cufon fonts cannot be uploaded anymore (but now you have tons to choose from)
- Removed the Amplus > Comment admin panel and lessened the options in Amplus > Contact. Removed the customization of comment and contact form labels to give way to translation
- Captcha in the comment and contact form are now mandatory
- Removed Frontpage admin panel. The page to display in the frontpage can now be selected in the General admin panel.
- Greatly simplified Amplus > Posts and Amplus > Portfolio settings.
- The bundled GD library is now required for Amplus to run properly, an admin notification is displayed if you do not have this.
- Videos can now have percentages as a width and height
- Featured items in the admin was removed and replaced with Page Media posts for more flexible placements of sliders and images on the top of the theme’s pages
- No more need to add a last=”last” parameter on column short codes, this is now done automatically
- Added the use of the plugin WP Mail SMTP for emails.
- Added “Setting up your email settings” and “Quick start guide” in the documentation.
- Fixed bug where the email message gets shown at the top of the email and the sender name is shown as the email body.
- Added multiple save and reset buttons for the styles admin.
- Moved and enlarged the custom CSS texture to the top for easier access.
- Updated import data XML to WordPress 3.1.2 format.
- Now removes http:// in the TimThumb image URLs since some hosts don’t allow this.
- Fixed minor bug where autoplay and autobuffer values for the video shortcode are not correctly recognized.
- Fixed minor bug where unwanted spaces were added to textareas in the admin.
- Added missing CSS that prevents slider captions to be left aligned.