An introduction to support on Envato Market
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on Envato Market.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Hands-on support for this item is provided by damojo
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to change language elements of the theme (e.g. “Visit Project”)
The industry standard .mo .po files that are used by this theme make any language changes / complete localizations very convenient. (If you want to change to change the whole theme to another language please consult the “localization” part of the documentation)
1. Install the “CodeStyling Localization” Plugin
2. Goto “Tools > Localization” and scroll down on the page to “Apex Responsive Portfolio WordPress Theme”
3. Click “Edit” next to “English/United States” (the default language)
4. All language elements of the theme will be listed. You can edit those via the “Edit” buttons. When you are done make sure to click “generate mo-file” on top.
How do I export my theme options?
If you want to export / import the themes options (for relocating your wordpress installation or similar) go to your admin user profile and check the “Show Settings & Docs” option at the bottom. This will enable the admin view for option tree that allows you to import / export data.
My portfolio (on homepage or portfolio page) is not showing!
1. Go to “pages” and select the corresponding page that is affected (homepage, portfolio 4 Columns, etc.) and scroll down to “Portfolio Options”.
2. Make sure that you selected a portfolio to display from the dropdown menu and that the column and effect values are set.
How do I update the theme options if new options were added in an update?
1. Replace the apex/option-tree/theme-options.xml file on your server with the new one.
2. Under “appearance -> theme options” press “Reload XML ” to add the new options.
Important: You also need to replace the files listed in the file change history.
When to contact Envato Support
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using Envato Market you should come straight to Envato Support.