Update: Version 1.5 of Astra is Live! Check the changelog at the bottom of this page.
Astra is modern professional and flexible fully responsive retina-ready WordPress theme, developed with great attention to details. Theme can be used for any type of website: business, corporate, portfolio, products, marketing, etc.
You can modify layout, styling, colors directly from within the backend. Build your own skin or use one of 12 predefined skins right out from your WordPress Admin Panel. In addition to the global options you can set unqiue styling options for each entry as seen in the theme demo.
Retina Ready & Fully Responsive
Astra theme provides responsive and flexible design. All page layouts works perfectly on all devices, from large monitors to mobile phones. All elements enhanced for Retina displays, so they look clean and sharp on modern gadgets.
Extensive Style Options & Unlimited Colors
Astra theme comes with 9 predefined color schemes. But you can go beyond them – adjust one of predefined or create your very own color scheme! Every color on the page can be changed.
Built in drag’n’drop Visual Composer
We have adjusted and incorporated Visual Composer plugin into our theme. You can easily build unlimited number of layout, because you can visualize what you will get at site page in the process of creation. Also it is very easy to rearrange and edit already created layouts.
For a simple blog posts or a quick news the Visual Composer may be too powerful to use. In that case Shortcode generator is a best solution. You don’t have to remember all of shortcode names – just select needed block and fill in the options.
Parallax Effect Sections
You can easuly add 3D looking parallax backgrounds to every page sections. Change Parallax Effect speed and even make it reversed.
Advanced Layout Options & Unlimited Sidebars
The theme gives you opportunity to change layout settings for whole site and for each particular page. One common Sidebar is not enough for you? You can easily create unlimited number of Sidebars and add different Widgets there to fit your needs on every page.
Over 249 Icons Integrated
Astra comes with entire Font Awesome Icons set integrated. You can use them at IconBoxes, Tabs, Accordions and many other cases.
Slider Revolution Included
We have not only included Slider Revolution plugin into theme files, but also adjusted it’s style so you can create slides that will correspond overall Astra theme design. You can create unlimited number of Sliders with help of this Premium Plugin.
Quick Install & Demo Content Import
Astra is ready to use from the box. Quickly install it via FTP or WordPress and after you activate it you can load demo content in just One Button Click. Then you can add your own content on already designed pages.
Translation Ready. WPML Optimized
Astra is created with best translation practices in mind and already contains language po/mo files for easier translation. You can add/edit languages easily. In case you need to run multiple languages at once, the theme is optimized for the WPML plugin.
Thorough and detailed documentation is included within Astra main download file. We have covered each theme section in it. And we will extend it as Astra will grow.
Outstanding and Prompt Free Support
We care about our customers and provide 100% free support and updates. Answer customers` questions, guide and help them is number one priority for our team. You don’t have to take our word on it – see ratings of all our items at ThemeForest.
Other Key Features
- Clean, Modern Design can be used for any type of website
- Boxed and Wide layouts, which can be switched in a moment
- 12 Predefined Color Styles and ability to easily create your own
- Code built with SEO (Search Engine Optimization) best practice in mind
- Focus on typography, usability & user-experience
- Child theme support for easy customization
- Advanced Typography Options
- Free Updates and Support
- 3 Blog Layouts & 3 Portfolio Layouts
- Easy-to-use Shortcodes:
- Animated Elements
- Accordion and Toggles
- Contact Form
- Image Gallery
- Latest Posts
- Message Box
- Recent Works
- Responsive Columns
- Simple Slider
- Single Image
- Social Links
- Tabs and Timeline
- Team Member
Important Note: The images used on the Live Preview are for demonstration purposes only and are not included in the download file.
- Images Used in Live Preview:
- Resources Used:
Version 1.5 – January 4, 2014
- ADDED: Full compatibility with "Contact Form 7" plugin - Improved: Visual Composer udapted to version 3.7.3 - Improved: Slider Revolution udapted to version 4.1.4 - Improved: now Parallax effect turned off on small screens - Improved: admin interface for WordPress 3.8 - Fixed: comments layout for WordPress 3.8 - Fixed: bug with section backgrounds on small screens - Fixed: small styling issues - Fixed: some minor bugs
Version 1.4.1 – November 3, 2013
- Improved: udapted Font-Awesome font to latest version - Fixed: language files - Fixed: some minor bugs
Version 1.4 – October 24, 2013
- ADDED: Latest Post and Recent Works elements can be filtered by category - ADDED: possibility to edit width of screen, starting from which main navigation transforms to mobile-friendly layout - ADDED: IconBox has ability to open link in new tab now - ADDED: Instagram icon to all kinds of Social Links elements - Improved: Typography Options. Added more fonts, added fields to control font size, line height and subset. - Improved: Shortcode generator - you can pick image URLs from Media gallery now - Improved: Animated appearance. Now it's disabled on small screens (less than 768px) - Fixed: Visual Composer bug with saving changes - Fixed: removed hardcoded Copyright sign from footer - Fixed: full width of Blog Post without sidebar - Fixed: issue with fixed default size of Slider Revolution - Fixed: Grid Blog with AJAX pagination is fully WPML compartible - Fixed: some minor styling issues - Fixed: some minor bugs
Version 1.3.1 – October 2, 2013
- ADDED: 12 NEW predefined color buttons - ADDED: Grid Blog with standard pagination - ADDED: link to author's name in case it's set in their settings - ADDED: PSD file, used in the theme development process - Improved: preview of Font Options - Fixed: lightbox appearance issues - Fixed: iframe appearance issues - Fixed: sidebar on main blog page - Fixed: button's target=_blank parameter - Fixed: bug with search icon in IE browser - Fixed: bug with Portfolio tiles on small screens - Fixed: some minor styling issues - Fixed: some minor bugs
Version 1.3 – September 21, 2013
- ADDED: child theme support and starter child theme - ADDED: possibility to change Font of text elements - Improved: responsive layout of Portfolio tiles - Improved: responsive layout of ActionBox - Fixed: some minor styling issues - Fixed: mobile devices orientation change bug - Fixed: main navigation bug on mobile devices - Fixed: password protected posts - Fixed: paginated posts - Fixed: some minor bugs
Version 1.2.2 – September 18, 2013
- ADDED: possibility to remove Sidebar at Blog pages - Improved: reworked excerpt generation for all kinds of post listings - Fixed: some minor bugs
Version 1.2.1 – September 16, 2013
- Fixed: styles for Quote Post Format - Fixed: bug with gallery slider animation in Firefox - Fixed: pagination of comments - Fixed: some minor styling issues
Version 1.2 – September 14, 2013
- ADDED: 4 new Predefined Color Styles - ADDED: New responsive layout of main navigation (try resize your browser) - ADDED: New layout style of Contacts shortcode (see Contact 2 page at demo) - ADDED: Post Formats: Image, Gallery, Video, Quote - Fixed: some minor bugs
Version 1.1 – September 7, 2013
- ADDED: Extended Header (with phone, email, social links and language selector) - ADDED: Language Widget - ADDED: Captcha to Contact Form Shortcode - ADDED: Revolution Slider shortcode to Shortcode Generator - ADDED: Full Width sections - ADDED: Google Map shortcode - Improved: Separator Shortcode - added Size parameter - Improved: Contacts Shortcode and Widget - Improved: Sticky Header animation - Improved: WPML support - Improved: Responsive layout - Removed: Contact Page Template (now Google Map can be added via shrtcode) - Removed: Page Setting for Revolution Slider at Header (this feature replaced with Full Width section) - Fixed: all known bugs
Version 1.0 – September 5, 2013
- Initial release