This author's response time can be up to 1 business day.
We have approx 600 resellers, now “listed” in regular blog posts (see http://alpha-plus.se/specialitet-inriktning/butik/), and a new WP installation will be used for those resellers only.
Will this directory theme / list / map work with any country in the world, and how are the business listed, from a post or my own set of fields?
Apologies for the delay I was on holiday.
The theme uses a custom post type to list the listings. Blog posts are reserved for the blog to bettera separate the 2 things. The theme will obviously work with any country supported by Google Maps.
Let me know if you have any other question.
Some pre-sale questions after a look on the demo as logged in.
Theme look promising for us to use, but I am in Little doubt about how much Work we will have with the buddypress integration.
1. It is not easy to see how much buddypress integation is there. It does not seem to be possible to see the user buddypress name and go directly to his buddypress profile from the listing ?
2. When your press “View all listings from this author” on the listing it simply takes you to thev Members list which seems to be a bug in functionality.
3. When I see “Contact autor” as a logged in user in the widget to the right it is asking me to write an e-mail address. Is this intended to Work like that ? As I am allready a logged in user it does not make very much sense ?
4. When I choose “Visit your dashboard” from the “user area” in the left vertical menu I am taken to another “listings dashboard” than the one I see when looking at my members buddypress page which is also a way to see it. It seems a Little confusing.
5. Is the buddypress integration still in Progress or is it completed ?
6. Can I somehow have admin access to the site in order to see the backend and features there ?
A presale question:
How will you map feature ( Map icon / cluster ) manage the foolowing.
We have listings where the adress is the same street with no street number.
USA, New York, Broadway ( and no streetnumber on Broadway given for 25 listings on the same street ( Broadway ) .How will the cluster on the map look and waht will happen when you click on the cluster icon with “25” in the center ?
You don’t have that scenario in your demo so I Wonder if I could have you tell or show how that will work. ?
Apologies for the delay i was on holiday.
1) There isn’t any special buddypress integration. The theme simply supports the plugin. I’ve made sure that the layout of the theme works with the plugin. The only additional integration is the availability of a tab within the BP public profile that when clicked, displays all the listings submitted by the user.
2) This is a bug that has been fixed several months ago. The live demo hasn’t been updated because i’m in the middle of transferring all my sites to a new host.
3) The widget is meant to be used from both logged in and not logged in users. Automatically showing the email of a logged in user can be added with a minor modification to the code.
4-5) As said in answer #1 the theme simply makes sure the BP plugin displays correctly.
6) I’m afraid i’m not able to provide admin access. If needed i can send you a package of screenshots from the admin panel.
7) For listings with the same address, the cluster is the same that can be seen on the demo. The only difference will be that theme makes an approximation of the coordinates and modifies them with a 0.5 ratio making the display into the same cluster but next to each other.
Your demo site is very slow. I get an 9-10 second loading time using tools.pingdom.com. Is this because of your hosting, or because the site is very heavy?
Apologies for the delay I was on holiday. I’m currently not seeing such loading time on the demo. Furthermore the demo is not using any caching plugin to allow users to see the source code of the files. A live site should always use caching.
How achievable would it be to have the listing search results show under the ‘Listings Search’ tab? Basically when you see the listing results on the map, the actual image/details will show and change dynamically if you change the search parameters or zoom the map.
Like this script:
This isn’t a feature of the theme hence it will need advanced customizations in order to add such feature.
Hi, sorry, but I can’t seem to get through to you. Won’t let me in on the support site. Apparantly I already have an account, but I forgot user and pass. I have a purchase code, please help me.
I have one question and that is that on my listings page, my sidebar images are smaller than they are or the single listing page. I wonder what I can do about that?
Please check: http://seewhistler.com/listings/restaurants/
and an example of a single listing: http://seewhistler.com/listing/rimrock-cafe/
Thank you so much for your help.
Can you send me an email with your purchase code? I can check your account. You can send me an email through the contact form on my profile page here http://themeforest.net/user/themesdepot
The sidebar on the single listing page uses a different width than the sidebar on the taxonomy pages. You can change the size of the sidebar by changing the class. If needed i can show you how to achieve this.
As previously announced, support was temporarily suspended during my holiday period. I’m now back from the holiday and will start clearing the support backlog as soon as possible. Every customer who submitted a support ticket will receive an answer shortly.
Thank you for your patience.
are all the plugins included in the package?
Yes all the plugins required are either free or included within the package.
I signed into the demo t have a play around, it looks great. Just a couple of questions.
Is there an admin demo to see?
I’d like to know more about the notifications, I couldn’t see how to sign up for them as a user. Say if i want to be notified every time a new listing of a certain category gets added for example. Or does the notifications have the option of working by area? so within a certain radius of a point?
I’m not able to provide an admin demo, however please feel free to send me an email through the contact form on my profile and I can send you a package of screenshots from the admin panel.
A user receives notifications when his listings status changes. At the moment there’s no notification for new listings in categories.
hi, pre-purchase questions here:
1- site is pretty slow, i hope that’s a hosting issue?
2- please confirm that there is no user-sided login, only a ‘seller’ (lister) login
3- would it be hard to make a search possible on radius of x km around a given zip code?
4- would it be possible in a rather easy way to send an email to all results of a search (by category, radius) to ask a question to all those results in one action?
1) I’m currently having issues with my host and their performances, I’ll be switching host in the next few weeks.
2) while anybody whos registered can login. The front end dashboard is geared towards listings submitters only.
3-4) I’m afraid at the moment the theme doesn’t offer such features.
Let me know if you have any other questions.
ok shame it won’t be for me, cause you have by far the best design-layout of al listing themes!
It seems that on mobile devices, the menu and search functions don’t work at all. Even on the demo site, viewing on a mobile device, menu items do nothing when clicked and the address search does not seem to function at all.
I’ve just tested again with my iPhone and iPad and I’m not able to see any issue they both work.
Can you please submit a ticket here at http://support.themesdepot.org with your site url so I can verify?
Very nice theme!
My question is if there’s any possibility of making routes (Start at A, via B, end at C) instead of places? For example for a carpooling service. Many users have been looking for a theme that enables this feature. Also, is it possible to implement Snazzy Maps?
1) are you looking for a get directions form? If so you can see one on the live demo, simply visit any listing page and then click on the “get directions” tab at the bottom of the page.
2) do you need to change the colour of the map? If so, it can be easily done by adding the code that snazzy maps provides, into a file of the theme.
Hi! Thanks for your answer.
No, directions are not needed. What would be great is when adding a listing (I don’t know what it looks like in your theme, but I expect there is a location field. What I would need is for the user to be able to add atleast two locations for one post, eg. Start – New York City, End – New Jersey. Then the map in the listing would show a route plotted by google (the exact route is not important, possibly fastest). So then the listing would show map view lie this http://www.dmxzone.com/downloads/images/Image012_13.png
I’m afraid at the moment the theme doesn’t offer such feature. Although thanks for your suggestion, i’ll might add it if more users request it.
Hi. I have 2 pre-sale questions.
1. I want to use Atlas and have fields like “hours” and “location” be populated from an external database. I also want it so if a user updates their profile, for example, for “hours” then it will push out to the external database. Is this possible?
2. Does Atlas have the ability to add custom fields to display in the listing profile? For example, the date the business was founded?
Thank you in advance!
1) Those aren’t features a theme should offer. You will necessarily need custom coding in order to achieve such feature.
2) Yes it’s possible to add new fields to the theme. The theme uses the advanced custom fields plugin (free) to generate the code of the custom fields for the submission forms. You can then use the WP api to display the values of those fields anywhere you want.
Thanks for the follow up. I guess my question for #1 is, “Is it possible?” If I hire a DB developer/coder is this something that can be achieved? Thanks!
If your developer is an experienced coder i don’t see any problem in creating such feature.
I created a new membership level with 1000 listing allowance called “TOP”. I logged in as a new Listing Contributor user with the TOP membership Level, but the Submit Listing Page doesn’t work.
In the Membership Account page I read “Original Membership Allowance”: 1000, but there are not the values regarding the “current listings allowance”.
Below you can see the text that is show:
Original Membership Allowance 1000.
Your current listings allowance is of .
I think that there are problem with the counters. I tried to create another Listing Contributor user and I also tried with the admin user but the problem still persist.
Can you please tell me how to fix this problem? I really need this feature to work!
Users must register their membership from the frontend. Assigning a membership from the backend will not assign an allowance.
Please note that further support requests should be submitted through http://support.themesdepot.org
I have read many comments asking if there was any way to link a database to populate the map instead of having to upload a spreadsheet. If this theme was to support any real business it would need to support this feature. By the time you upload the spreadsheet the data is stale and outdated. This of course only applies if the data source is not the WordPress db, but what serious company is going to use their website db as the primary source data. I would suggest that this feature is added.
Would you be willing to share more details about your “source data”? And from where your listings would come from? Feel free to send me an email through the contact form on my profile here http://themeforest.net/user/themesdepot
purchased this a while back and now planning to put it to use. Do you have a roadmap of upcoming features?
At the moment i do not have a public roadmap. However the next important update will include support for my newly released free plugin called WP User Manager – more details about the plugin and it’s features can be found here http://wpusermanager.com/
I am trying to find the submit listing form with my download? I sign in as a customer and there is no form for them to start listing the information.
I have all the required downloads- Contact form 7. etc.
I have set up the acct with memberships through Pro. and still nothing?
Looking for my clients to sign up- add their listings, Cats, pics, etc Make the required payment, and then they can go to the dashboard and keep the info current.
Your ticket was answered last night. Please keep using the support platform instead of TF comments.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Why buy with Envato
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.