This author's response time can be up to 1 business day.
I want two urgent help ,
1 . how to add cart functionality on vehicles ?
2 . register functionality not in sign up or Register pop up
1) This is not possible. Vehicles can’t be purchased like you would do with regular products.
2) Can you please provide me more details?
-1) This is not possible. Vehicles can’t be purchased like you would do with regular products. -
Any suggestion to resolve this ?
Please not that this is not an issue that needs to be solved. It is a feature that i do not plan to add to the theme since it has never been built to work for that purpose.
Pre Sales Question:
Can you give a brief explanation as to how the submission process works? If someone comes to my site and wants to sell their car do they have to buy a membership package and then submit their ad based on what they paid for?
Now let’s say I work with a dealer and we provide a bulk submission package. Do they go to the shop, make the purchase for the bulk rate then create an account?
Thanks, I just want to understand what a customer is going to experience when trying to list their car on my site. Thx
The submission process works in this way: at first the user comes onto your website, goes to the submission page, fills in the details of vehicle he/she wants to submit, the last step is to purchase the package he/she wants to use, once the package is purchased the vehicle is submitted. You can test the whole process yourself here too http://www.themes.tdp-demo.com/autodealer/submit-vehicle/
Let me know if you have any other questions.
Is it possible with this theme to create a marketplace were end users can create their own account to sell their cars. For instance, they are able to create a new advertisement in which they can upload pics and set a price of their car(s)?
Yes this is exactly the purpose of the theme. If you look on the live demo, you can signup and submit vehicles. You can access the submission page directly from here http://www.themes.tdp-demo.com/autodealer/submit-vehicle/
question, I thinking about purchasing this theme but only want to use for auto leasing, you think this theme will work?
I don’t see any problem with it. I’ve got a buyer using the theme to sell BBQ grills too . If you have any more specific question, i’ll be happy to provide a more detailed answer.
I have been playing with your demo and have a few quick questions:
I registered as a seller, and got the “Your Username and Password” email through. I see two issues, which you may have easy answers to.
1. The email comes from “WordPress”, can this be changed to something custom?
2. The email displays my username and password, with a link to login. This takes me to the normal WordPress login, is it possible to change this so the person is taken to a frontend login screen?
In addition I would like to know if the theme has styling etc. to integrate the Stripe payment gateway. Stripe allow the payment fields to be integrated within the website’s page, which looks much better than being sent away to a PayPal page. Plus their transaction fees are cheaper?
Great theme by the way, really nicely put together and looks great. I can’t wait to purchase and get going on it!
1 -2 ) These emails aren’t sent by the theme but by the WordPress core itself. The emails and sender can be changed through external plugins such as http://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-better-emails/ or manually by reading here http://wordpress.stackexchange.com/a/15316
I haven’t personally tested Stripe, the payment system is powered by WooCommerce, hence, any gateway supported by WooCommerce will work just fine.
Let me know if you have any other question.
Thanks for you response. In reference to the Stripe payment gateway, I was also asking if the theme had built-in styling for Stripe. As I said, the actual fields (card number, expiry date etc,) can be integrated in to the page, rather than the user being taken away to a payment page (like PayPal).
As said above i have not tested the gateway. Stripe by default comes with it’s own popup and the styling is added by the gateway itself. If the WooCommerce Stripe extensions has the ability to show stripe’s fields straight into the checkout page, they will most likely be handled by the style of the theme since those fields should be normal inputs. I can’t be 100% because i have not tested that extensions and i do not own it.
Ok, thanks very much for your advice, I really appreciate it. Sorry for being a pain!
Hi, i really want to buy this theme. Just got one question. Is it possible to change car image sizes when you see all cars in a grid. I want it to be simular to this http://www.larssonbilar.se/ is it possible?
The images size can be changed by editing a file inside the theme, however the images being responsive, will still fit to their container, meaning you would might need to adjust the grid size too.
Pre’buy question, sugestion.
- Could you mind to add the function, so the user will be email notified, when the similar cars as in favorites are added or the user self can subscribe to notification if the wanted car is added to the website.
- How many listings can this theme work with and are you willing to add html version of the template. We would like to code our website in ASP. Net for better performance.
1) At the moment i do not have any plan to add such feature.
2) The theme itself does not set any limit to how many vehicles you can have. Performances are highly tied to your server resources. At the moment i do not have any plans to make an html version of this theme.
How many listings have you tested with? I have bad experience with Wordpress sites when the listing amount exceeds 10.000 listings..
I won’t say that Wordpress website performance is tied highly with server resources..Yes of course in someways it is.. But but but, huge database makes Wordpress quite slow.
During development of the theme, i’ve reached something like 253 listings this doesn’t mean that the limit is 253 listings. There’s no way for me to give an exact number, every server is different.
Do you have any website URLs that you could post that use this theme?
Please note that themeforest authors do not have access to this kind of data unless buyer themselves decide to share their websites with me. Since you have purchased the theme you have access to the support forum where sometimes buyer post their urls, you can have a look in that section.
Hi, thanks for the great theme! I have spent some time building our site and making headway, but am running into a few challenges.
1) elements on the homepage just all of a sudden no longer align the the left, and I cannot seem to get it back to how it was
2) registered dealers trying to update their profile… the embedded links go to ”.../settings” rather than ”.../wp/settings.” I cannot find how to fix it.
3) this might fix #1 & #2 above… After reading some of the posts in this forum, I keep seeing that apparently there is link or button for “automatic setup” which will automatically set it all up like the online demo looks, awesome! (other than specific pics, etc) – I do not see anything like this anywhere, where can it be found? How can I start over and click “automatic setup” so that it actually looks like the online demo?
(many forum replies say “it’s in the documentation included with the download” – but many of the links in the documentation I received with the download render errors, so I don’t actually have some of the documentation that might offer instructional help)
- Thank you in advance for your assistance, it means a lot, thank you.
Please note that you might have posted in the wrong theme. You have not purchased this theme.
Sorry. This would be the CarDealer Theme.
Theme Forest – ‘Auto Dealer – Car Dealer’ Premium WP Theme – Yes, I have purchased it, 2 days ago – Invoice # 9874729 – I can forward you the email from ThemeForest with that information if you would like
Please note if you had purchased this theme you would have had the “purchased” badge assigned to your account, and this is not the case. Further more by reading your second question, you mention a ”/settings” or ”/wp/settings”, there’s no such thing in my theme.
If you are 100% sure you have purchased this theme, by me, then post your support request on my support platform here http://themesdepot.org/support-forums/
PS: on my support platform there’s no one registered with the username “dougshoemaker” so i doubt you were even able to read anything inside the support forum.
Once again, the only place where i offer support is on my support forum register with the account you’ve used to purchase the theme and post there if you actually have purchased this theme.
Hmmm. That is interesting. The exact page where I am posting and receiving your replies is: http://themeforest.net/item/autodealer-car-dealer-premium-wordpress-theme/6767000/comments?page=15&filter=all#comment_7178568
The invoice from ThemeForest.net provides this link for help. I had to log in to get to this discussion board.
And my account’s avatar does have the ‘purchased’ badge.
Something is crossed somewhere and this is frustrating. I mostly just needed to know where to find the ‘automatic setup.’ But I will not bother you anymore. Thanks for your help.
Your account does not have a purchase badge. Screenshot http://cl.ly/WT66 while this is how it should look if you had a badge http://cl.ly/WT5T
If you purchased my theme, the automatic setup would come with a plugin included within the package.
To be 100% sure that you have purchased this theme, simply provide me your purchase code via email so that i can manually verify it.
Can vehicles be batch imported through a .csv or .txt?
The theme uses standard wp post types and metafields, so yes, you can import vehicles through CSV as long as you use this plugin here https://wordpress.org/plugins/really-simple-csv-importer/ which is confirmed to work with my theme by other users that have used it before.
Into my support forum i also have a tutorial on how to import listings via CSV, although the tutorial itself is for my other theme called “Atlas”, the import process is basically the same, you just need to adjust a few details so that they match the values of this theme.
Just one PRESALE Question
Im very interested in getting this theme just the following doubt:
Is it possible to set memberships of limited days and limited amount of cars, let say
Membership Number 1: 1 car for 7 days FREE
Membership Number 2: 2 cars for 1 month for $10.00 USD (this one will link to Paypal)
and most important, will the listings delete automatically or suspend after the 7 days (membership 1) or 1 month (membership 2) has expired ? or do I have to do it manually ?
1) Yes this is possible, you can have as many different packages as you want. Each package has it’s own settings like amount of cars and duration of the listing.
2) Yes vehicles automatically expire once they reach the amount of days you set for the package
Im really liking your theme! however a friend of mine has other theme style that its more custom personalized but I really do like the FrontEnd Submission thing. Do you sell the plug in separately?
I dont mind paying the 50-60 USD for the theme but just to get the plain FrontEndSubmission plug in.
In case you dont, you should consider getting the plug in for sale! while there are some FES plugins, few offer options like yours out of the box specially for car listings.
The submission plugin is not for sale. In the near future it won’t be available for sale. Although i plan to build something similar starting from next year
`Hi I have Quesitons
1) How many cars can you upload until you press “submit”. I Want to be able to list multiple cars, each one being “added to cart” before submitting and paying.
2) Under Submit a car – once submitted, this is a manual upload process by the company. They require this process to be automated and the vehicle listed on the web site as soon as payment is generated.
3) Car dealers need to have an option where they can register and submit their own profile. Thereafter they need to be able to see what vehicles are listed under their profiles, be able to remove any that are sold, add new, etc. If a vehihcle is listed for 30 days, and sold after only 5, then they should be able to list a new car using the “balance” of credit remaining for the 25 unused days.
1) The vehicle submission process is one for each car. Each car has to be singularly processed.
2) The vehicle is automatically published once the payment is concluded.
3) This is already possible and you can test it yourself on the live demo, simply register as a dealer and you will then see your own profile. An example can be seen here http://www.themes.tdp-demo.com/autodealer/dealer/?dealer_profile=1
4) The duration of the listing is unique for each vehicle, if a user submits a vehicle with a 30 days duration and after 5 days the vehicle is sold, subsequent vehicles will still have 30 days.
Hi Thanks do much for the response
With regards to the first question. Is there no way the person can subscribe as a dealer and add more than 1 car before the have to make payment?
No i’m afraid this is not possible.
Can you not Custom build this for me?
I’m afraid i’m not available for customizations.
Also, just my personal opinion, by integrating what you are asking you will most likely make the user run away, this because if you really want to have multiple submissions into a single page, you will have to replicate the submission form each time for each vehicle. Let’s say you wish to have 3 submissions at the same time, you’ll have a very long page with way too many fields to submit, not an ideal UX for the user.
A new update has just been released the update brings 2 fixes to recent issues that have been reported.
Make sure you update both theme and WP AutoManager plugin
I want to add pictures on the home page instead of icon’s on the homepage.
I’m not sure i entirely understand your question. The homeapge content is completely customizabile through the page editor. Simply delete what you don’t want and add what you want
i would like to say this is the perfect Car Dealer Wordpress Theme. Almost Perfect. Good job!
This theme have a ads space? and would appreciate if have a calculator loan included on this theme.
The theme supports widgets, so you can add ads through widgets inside sidebars.
The theme doesn’t have any loan calculator feature but there any many plugins free and paid that do the job I personally like this one http://en-gb.calculatestuff.com/widgets/financial/auto-loan-calculator
Hi. Thanks for your suggestion. thats a cool plugin. will have took a look after this.
1) It is this theme have a function like “New” “Used” “Sold”, like this theme http://www.gorillathemes.com/demo/car-dealer/inventory/#search/order-year/page-1/ ? or maybe u can add a new function for this..
2) Can i add a new tab for facebook comment beside contact tab at vehicle information? it is easy?
3) Maybe i can suggest u too add a new function for review function like this http://www.livelifedrive.com/malaysia/new-cars/overview/1934/2013-ferrari-458-italia-coupe .
i personally like this features for car new, review and gallery http://www.livelifedrive.com/malaysia/ . u can scroll down and will see the car new, review and gallery section.
Err maybe its too much, but personally i just share my suggestion.
1) Not yet, this has been requested by few other users and will be added into a future update.
2) I’ve never used facebook comments, so i’m not sure how easy/hard is to use their api for the comments.
3) At the moment i do not have any plan for such function.
Do you have any working site using this theme for showcase?
Read here http://themeforest.net/item/autodealer-car-dealer-premium-wordpress-theme/6767000/faqs/21072
Hi! I love the theme. I have a quick question.
Is it possible to chance the language to spanish? How?
Yes this is possible, you can either use the integrated localization files, (.mo/.po) files and edit them through a tool called PoEdit, or even more easier you can use the free plugin called “CodeStyling Localization” and you can translate everything through your WordPress admin panel.
I tried the “CodeStlying Location” But I got:
Compatibility: Loading Issue: Author is using load_textdomain instead of load_theme_textdomain or load_child_theme_textdomain function. This may break behavior of WordPress, because some filters and actions won’t be executed anymore. Please contact the Author about that.
It’s possible to add drag & drop function when add a new car ?
I’m afraid this is not a feature that i’m looking to add to the theme.
I had a lot of vehicles uploaded on my site. But today when I checked the site, vehicles are not appearing. its says Total vehicles: none yet. When I checked the vehicles menu. Its say total 127 vehicles, but nothing is appearing in the list. Can you tell me what’s wrong. Please this is very urgent. Thanks
Please note vehicles will not expire for no reason. Vehicles will ONLY expire when you set the option into the Theme Options Panel, or when the vehicle has been added through a package which has an expiration date attached.
Read here to restore the vehicles http://themesdepot.org/forums/topic/how-to-recover-expired-vehicles/
Please kindly submit any further support request on our support forum .
Thank you very much. I’ve fixed that using the instructions on that page. But one problem remains. Now the vehicles model/maker shows 0 vehicles in them also the search doesn’t pull up any vehicles in the result as well. Can you please assist. Thanks
All support is handled on our forum here.
Hi, i’ve publicated my site with your wordpress theme and i’m setting the homepage with slider theme but i’ve a problem:
In safari 5.1.10 on mac 10.6, in iphone 3gs, samsung s3 the template doen’t work well.
I see only slider, menu, and the map on footer.
How could I solve this problem?!
Please make sure you are using the latest version of the theme. This has been fixed weeks ago.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $23