Avantgarde is a creative wordpress theme with a unique design feel suited to showcase your works or simply blogging.
- Creative design
- Intuitive, simply to use white label admin panel
- Simple, lightweight yet powerful framework, easy to customize
- more than 40 shortcodes
- switch between left and right aligned sidebar
- option to display the slider on all interior pages, not just the homepage
- option to enable the sidebar on homepage
- Infinite skinning options – intuitive easy backend options to change theme colors
- Custom made default gravatar
- Display blog & portfolio posts anywhere in the theme
- Simple pictures upload for your blog & portfolios via Worpdress Upload library
- Integrated breadcrumbs
- Highly simplified framework
- Slider can link to it’s own post or to any page you like
- White label admin panel
- Unlimited sidebars
- Widgetized footer with its own sidebar areas
- 6 custom widgets: latest tweets, latest portfolio entries, blog subcategories, latest blog posts, latest flickr images, social media icons
- Translation ready(theme + admin panel)
- Comments nested four levels deep. Support for comments pagination and avatars.
- 3 different portfolio layouts
- unlimited portfolios of the same type
- portfolios pagination
- custom archive page
- Image upload via Wordpress Media Uploader Library with wordpress automatic image resizing, no timthumb!
- 404 custom error page
- video support
- psds included
- detailed and spot on documentation
- demo xml export file included
Update 1.5 – March 26th, 2013
- Updated the theme options panel to the latest version.
- Removed autoformatting code that was creating issues with plugins.
- Properly enqueued all external js / css files into the theme’s header.
- Updated prettyphoto(lightbox) plugin to the latest version.
- Updated superfish(used for menus) plugin to the latest version.
- Added hover effect for portfolio type 1 images.
- Now the theme’s localization files are loaded correctly.
- Fixed css tabs glitches that appeared with a tab with few content was created.
- Changed the custom list shortcode because the initial version was creating a conflict with wordpress editor since version 3.5.
Update 1.4 – August 14th, 2012
- Fixed a bug where a color option from theme’s skinning options wasn’t working.
- Cleaned the code of functions that became deprecated since version 3.4 of wordpress.
- Updated theme’s options panel to the latest version.
- Simplified the theme’s blog architecture by removing category.php Now the blog directly uses the archive.php to display the blog.
- Fixed a bug where the fav icon was included twice in the theme’s header.
Update 1.3.2 – May 3rd, 2012
- Fixed a bug where the localization dictionary wasn’t loaded in theme’s functions.php.
- Fixed the main menu display on hover when no description was inserted.
- Added the option to pull latest portfolio entries from Portfolio type 3 in GW Portfolio custom widget.
- Made some improvements to the theme’s documentation.
- Fixed a bug where the localize function(_e(...)) from comments.php was misspelled.
- Fixed a bug where multiple portfolios of the same type filter wasn’t working properly for portfolio type 1.
- Made the custom list shortcode to display properly when used inside footer or sidebar widget.
- Created a new portfolio – type 3
- Created a new shortcode for portfolio type 3
- Fixed a bug where portfolios 1-2 weren’t filtering the entries properly when multiple portfolios of the same type were created
- Updated the portfolios 1-2 shortcodes with option to choose from what section you want to display the entries
- Fixed a bug where few png images weren’t showing in the child theme
- Fixed all the php error notices that were displayed when wp_debug was set to true
- Fixed a few css issues
- Updated the documentation in concordance to the last changes
- Updated the xml data export to include the latest portfolio type 3 entries
- Fixed a bug where the option for linking a slide entry to any page wasn’t working
- Added social media share icons for slider posts detail, blog posts detail, portfolio 1 posts detail and portfolio 2 posts detail
- Added few more notes and code samples to the documentation
- Added a child theme for correct theme customization – documentation properly updated
- Changed the “plus”(+) icon hover state because the initial hover state was changing to a cross(x) and the “x” symbol is usually used when you close something