This author's response time can be up to 1 business day.
Great theme overall,
I’m am having an issue with the feature tabs though: only the content in the first feature tab of my post will show, the content of other feature tabs in the same page remains hidden until I click on the tab title.
Any way to fix this?
Thanks for purchasing my theme! I really appreciate it!
Are you talking about the tabs shortcode? I would try using the Themewich Shortcodes plugin instead of the theme’s shortcodes:
It’s free and open-source, and should work great with the theme.
To provide you with more efficient support, I ask that all questions be asked on the Support Forum. If you’re still having issues, feel free to start a new thread over there and I’d be happy to help! Thanks!
Support Forum | Knowledgebase | Find your Item “Purchase Code”
Nice theme, but the mobile menu is a default select menu not a good look these days
I see this is by far your biggest selling theme, yet the mobile menu has not been designed to the standard of your more recent themes? I also notice there have been no updates since sept 14.
I would be interest in purchasing this theme if mobile menu and other updates are made.
Let me know if you have a road map for your most popular theme?
Then we will have confidence investing in it for my clients.
Thanks for the message. There is a maintenance update coming that’s updating some of the plugins and fixing some minor bugs that should be out in a few weeks.
I’ll be sure to add a mobile menu redesign to the feature requests for this theme, and hopefully get it in a future update.
how can we increase the size of images in the portfolio homepage
I’m not seeing any purchase data for this theme. Are you sure you have the correct theme or is it possible that you’ve purchased via another account?
To provide you with more efficient support, I ask that all questions be asked on the Support Forum. Feel free to start a new thread over there and I’d be happy to help! Thanks!
yes it was purchased with a different account
where can i find the purchase code in the theme files because I have no account
The purchase code isn’t in the theme files. Each purchase code is unique and can only be accessed by logging into your account used to purchase the theme. If you remember your account name, but not the password, you can always try to reset the password to retrieve it.
Before I buy I wanted to know:
1. if I could not have the portfolio slider cycle slide images on the portfolio page. I want it to be static and only show the featured image and not the other slides within it.
2. If I could have a thumbnail (featured image) that shows on the portfolio page but doesn’t show when you click on it… I want to only show the other slides you have on that set skill when you have clicked on the skill and want to see the slides within it.
3. If I could embed videos in the portfolio page instead of using url links to bring the video in?
Thanks so much for your interest! I’d be happy to answer any questions you may have.
1.Yep! That’s an option you can turn off/on in the Theme Options.
2. Sure, although, you’d need to make a small alteration to the theme to achieve this. It’s not too difficult, but it would involve creating a child theme and making a small modification. I’d be glad to help you through it.
3. I’m not sure I understand this question. The videos are directly embedded on the portfolio page:
Are you referring to something else?
Let me know if you have any other questions,
Thank you Andre! I meant if I could use embedding code instead of the url to embed the video in the slider? Vimeo lets you customized your video features but to use it you need to use the embedding code.
Yep! Both the url or embed code will work. Whichever you prefer to use.
Hi Andre! thanks for all your replies! I bought the theme and I tried accessing the forum so I access the info on how to do the customizations I need and it’s not working :’( apparently I need to use the same username that I used on evanto but I used a different one. I tried creating a new account with the username I used for evanto and now is not letting me use my code because it’s associated with the other account. What can I do?
my current username on themewich is rvidal
The username doesn’t need to be the one used to purchase the theme. As long as you have a valid purchase code the username can be anything you want. Can you login using your username (rvidal) and password?
they all say “You don’t have permission to view this topic.”
I just want to see how to do these things:
That’s the old support forum. We’ve migrated to a new one here:
If you’re already logged in then you should have full access to the forum.
Great! Thanks so much Andre!
I’m still unable to figure it out. I’ve read the threads and I cannot find the code on all the files it says. I’m not sure if it is because the thread is from 2012 and things have changed. Can you please help me figure out how to skip the featured image when going through the slides and how to have that featured image be static? I see http://www.iloveporkchop.com/# was able to do it. Thanks!
well I figure 1. and 2. I just need to figured 3.
It looks like Eric responded to your support question on the forum:
If you still need assistance, just let us know over on the forum and we’d be happy to help.
Thank you Andre! I figured out that part already. I still haven’t figure out 3.
when I try to use embeding code from youtube or vimeo it doesn’t embed the video, it just shows the code as text. What am I missing?
Just responded to your question here:
Hi, Im interested in buying this theme but I have one question,,, on the portfolio page, what happen if we have more thumbnail pics ,, is that going to be in the same page increasing the size of the page or can that part have pagination ?
The homepage options let you control the number of thumbnail pictures displayed on the homepage, but there’s not pagination functionality available on the homepage. The homepage is meant to function as a showcase of featured projects, and not all the portfolio items.
Hi Andre/Eric, there’s a new version of the theme (1.4.2) but the change log isn’t updated… could you? so we can know what’s new. Thanks !
Sorry about that, forgot to update the changelog. Should be updated now:
Any other questions, just let me know!
Hi, I see there’s been an update. The changelog still has the older version. What are the changes in the new update? Thanks!
Hi, I was wondering how I could remove this giant white space from the bottom of my homepage. Any help would be great. Thanks!!
What giant white space are you talking about? I’m not seeing anything like that on my end. Could you be more specific about where you’re seeing the issue? Thanks!
Just the space between my latest news and the footer of the page. It’s much larger than it has been in the past. I’d like to minimize the white space a bit.
Just the space between my latest news and the footer of the page. It’s much larger than it was before. I’d just like to minimize the white space there.
You must be on a larger screen size. The sticky footer script with the theme always places the footer at the bottom of the screen. Try adding this to your custom css box in Theme Options > Customize to remove that functionality:
Fantastic. Worked like a charm. Thank you so much!!
Very nice theme! I am wondering if there is any reason that this theme would not work with wpbakery’s Visual Composer plugin. I have searched but not found any results and I do not have access to the support for without a purchase code, it seems. Thank you!
Edition wasn’t build to integrate specifically with Visual Composer – it uses it’s own custom post types to create sections which you can add to pages. Visual composer sections may work with the theme, but you’d likely need to style it to match. Additionally, the theme’s sections don’t integrate directly with visual composer so you’d only get the visual composer default components that ship with the plugin.
the portfolio on the homepage went away after an update. How can I add this back?
I’m not seeing any issues on my end. Could you be more specific on the issue?
Support Forum | Knowledgebase
Hi! I really like “Aware” and I’d like to purchase it. But before I do, I have two very basic questions that I need answers for.
(1) Your live preview shows a grid of two rows of five boxes (a.k.a. portfolio items) per row, for a total of 10 items. Can I display more items—for example three rows, or even four or more rows, of five boxes each? Is there a limit to how many items I can display?
(2) In the live preview, in addition to “All,” you show five categories. Can you have more categories? If so, how many?
Thanks in advance for your help.
(1) There’s no limit to the amount of items you can display. However, keep in mind, the more images you add, the longer the loading time for the user.
(2) Yep! You can have as many as you like.
Thanks very much, Andre, for your quick reply. I’m delighted that your theme offers that level of flexibility. I’ve been using Rapidweaver, and I found that many of their templates (a.k.a. themes) are too restrictive for my tastes.
Right now, I have just four more very basic questions for you:
I have already set up the WordPress software on my domain, which is hosted by GoDaddy. I’m in the process of looking through a whole bunch of WordPress “how-to” books and tutorials. After that, my next step would be to buy “Aware” (YAY!) and upload it to my site. Then I would simply use the dashboard (control panel? mission control? or whatever it’s called) to create my site.
I’m concerned that I might be making the process seem easier than it really is. So my questions to you are:
1. Is there any Aware-specific documentation available?
2. Are there any WordPress books and/or tutorials that you would recommend?
3. Are there any pitfalls, either general WordPress ones or ones that are specific to Aware, that I should know about?
4. And last but not least, will I be getting in over my head? I’m pretty good with software. With WordPress and Aware, should I be able to figure most things out on my own, or will I be frequently scrolling through your support board and/or posting questions to you in search of answers, which is something I really don’t want to be doing on a regular basis.
Thanks, again, for your help and advice,
1. Yes, the aware-specific documentation is included with the theme download. The docs take you step-by-step on how to set up the theme exactly like you see in the demo.
2. Hmmmm… there are a lot! WordPress itself offers some great docs – specifically the WordPress for Beginners section:
3. One thing you should know is that WordPress is highly customizable. If you’re familiar at all with php, html or css you can add your own styles or change layouts of a theme. Whenever you do this, it’s important to create a Child Theme so you can make changes and still update the theme down the road. Keep in mind, customizations or changes to the theme, however, are not covered under our support policy.
4. The documentation is very detailed and makes no assumptions on your skill level. For instance, when talking about setting up the theme, it specifically will say something like “Go to your dashboard, click “Pages” on the sidebar, then click “Add New”. Photos often go along with these steps. That being said, it will always be faster and you’ll feel more comfortable as you play around with the WordPress admin. Since you’re new to WordPress, it may be a bit foreign at first. But that’s where support can step in. We’re always available to answer any questions and usually respond within 24 hours.
I just bought the theme and really like it! But my problem is that for the portfolio, the thumbnails take on different sizes (as the aspect ratio varies for different projects) – I’d like the portfolio to look even. So I think that means specifying the sizes of the thumbails. There is also no padding between them at the moment. What bit of the CSS do I have to adjust to achieve this?
Edit: I just realised the size of the thumbnails is determined by the content of the Media/Video URL. Most of the thumbnails are linked to YouTube videos but a few are linked to soundcloud or just images – these have different aspect ratios. So the question remains the same: how do I make sure the thumbnails have a standardised width and height? Thanks!
It sounds like you might need to regenerate your thumbnails. WordPress sizes your images when they are uploaded to your site. The theme will tell WordPress what size images it needs. However, if you’ve uploaded images while a previous theme was activated, then the images won’t be sized properly to your new theme when you activate it.
The easy fix is to install and run the Regenerate Thumbnails Plugin to regenerate your thumbnails to the new size.
More information here:
Also, did you know we have a dedicated support forum to help with any questions or issues you may have? It’s the fastest way to get support since we usually answer all questions there first!
Hello, I have a registered purchase of the Aware theme and my login to your support site is being rejected. There does not seem to be any other way to contact you other than here. Could you please assist. I can provide the purchase number. Thank you.
So sorry you’re having issues! Could you email me via the contact form on my profile page here?
is it possible to create 2 pages for galleries (such as : http://themewich.com/aware/?page_id=139)
for exemple one page with all “branding images category”
and one for “illustration images category”
I need two galeries for two different categories
Unfortunately, there’s no grid layout for portfolio categories, but you could accomplish this via a child theme if you like. You can do that by editing the category page template with grid style.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
View license details
Get it now and save up to $19