An introduction to support on Envato Market
- Envato staff look over every item before it can be sold on Envato Market.
- Technical items contain help files to introduce you to the item and its components.
- Authors can choose to support their items but this is optional and may vary.
Author support for this item
The author of this item, meks, will respond to buyers’ questions and provide limited support through their own support system.
Additional information from meks:
- Responding to questions or problems regarding the item and its features
- Fixing bugs and reported issues
- Providing updates to ensure compatibility with new software versions
- Customization and installation services
- Support for third party software and plug-ins
Common WordPress Installation Issues
Missing style sheet error when installing the theme
A common issue that can occur with users new to installing WordPress themes is a “Broken theme and/or stylesheets missing” error message being displayed when trying to upload or activate the theme. This error message does not mean that the theme you have purchased is broken, it simply means it has been uploaded incorrectly. Luckily, there is a very easy fix.
Frequently Asked Questions
How to do AWSM theme update without losing any data?
1. Download the .zip package from ThemeForest and extract it
2. Find awsm-wp folder inside the package
3. Use FTP to overwrite current theme folder on your server with new one
How can I attach a gallery to a portfolio item?
- When you are on portfolio item single page in admin, look at the bottom of the page for a section box named Media Display Options which has three options. Select Slider Gallery option here.
- Next to slider gallery option, there is a link that says Upload/Insert, click on it.
- It will open pop-up which manages images for this item. Simply upload your images and Gallery tab with number of images attached to item should appear automatically at the top of pop-up screen. You can change image order and properties within this tab if you want. Close the pop-up, then update post, and that’s it!
- Note: You can’t add already uploaded images attached to some other item(post), you need to upload new images. That’s because WordPress itself doesn’t allow one specific image to be attached to multiple posts. So if you want the same image to appear for different posts, you need to upload it twice.
Why do I get 404 error page for portfolio single items?
That’s because new post types on your WordPress website usually needs re-save of your permalink structure. In admin panel, go to Settings -> Permalinks and just save settings again.
How can I upload/edit “John Doe” face image?
This image represents standard WordPress featured image for Profile (Home) page template. You just need to upload/edit featured image for this page and it will be displayed as a “face” image.
How can I import theme demo content into my website?
When you download theme package you will find demo content file awsm_demo.xml inside.
In admin pages, go to Tools -> Import. Then at the bottom of the table on that page, click to install WordPress importer and then upload our awsm_demo.xml via this tool.
When to contact Help Team
Authors are experts on their own items, but if you're having trouble using Envato Market you should come straight to Help Team.