Video in Email
- The Video is coding with HTML5 and will work in Apple mail, iPad and iPhone.
- Replace your .mp4 URL in the first input field on the left menu called “Video”. The .mp4 video is showing in your Email and on the web in the Safari browser.
- Replace your .ogg or .ogv URL in the second input field on the left menu “Video”. The .ogg or .ogv videolink isn’t mandatory but we advice to add this video format to support a range of webbrowsers (like Firefox or Google Chorme).
- Replace your fallback image in the third input field on the left tab called “Video”. The fallback image is meant for Email clients that don’t support html5 videos in Email so your image will be shown.
- MailChimp don’t accept HTML5 video’s, it’s impossible to send an email with video through their system. If you export your file as a MC file you will see a normal 600 pixel fixed width image (like the fall-back image). The HTML5 video is working when sending your email through Campaign Monitor, Constant Contact, or some other Email platforms.
- You can check the Autoplay button if you want to send your Email with a Autoplay function.
- If you don’t understand how to convert a video we advise to use an video converter on the web (like clipconverter.cc) or download an video coverter App.
- If you don’t have a video URL yet, no worries, we have a test .mp4 and .ogv URL so you can see it works. Copy paste this URL: http://www.rocketway.net/video/marketing.mp4 in the first input field on the left menu “Video”. Copy paste this URL: http://www.rocketway.net/video/marketing.ogv in the second input field on the left menu “Video”.
- Optional width for the overlay image: 600px width x 329px height.
You’ll get a link to the Theme Builder, the Theme Builder is not included in the main package.
- We are people who love to improve their work, please give us some feedback if you have a great idea to improve this theme with an update (ie. a certain element you miss), it’ll be great to hear from you!
May 23, 2014:
- Theme release
- A link to our ThemeBuilder
- HTML5 Video in Email
- Export to desktop
- Change background image / patterns
- Drag & Drop modules
- Duplicate or hide modules
- Unlimited Structures and Colours
- Full Width Design
- Clean Commented Code
- PSD Photoshop File included
Email Services Compatability
- Icontact & Campaign Monitor
- Tested with Litmus
- Mobile responsive
- And many more!
- Email Clients that support custom web fonts: iOS Mail, Apple Mail, Android (default client), Thunderbird. Other clients will show a standard fallback webfont.
- Gmail (background images doesn’t stretch as Gmail ignore CSS in background images ) to fix this: upload a large bg image (1800px width)
- Yahoo Mail
- Apple Mail
- Microsoft Outlook (don’t support background images )
- Mozilla Thunderbird
- iPhone, iPod & iPad
- Opera Mail