BigCity is a Personal and Blog WordPress Theme. Packed with powerful features to suit almost every needs and yet so simple to use. Works with latest WordPress versions.
April 17th – Version 3.0 is released (Updated to 3.1 on October 16, 2012), please read important release notes below:
Big City 3.0 has seriously improved backend and framweork and it is now responsive. Those who are using previous versions should note that you will have to recreate some parts of your pages created on previous theme versions. If you were using previous version, after update click Reload button in theme options.
So here what comes with new update ( see changelog for previous version in the bottom ) :
- Responsive layout
- Speed increase
- Font uploader
- Header choice for every page and post
- Any content in headers now possible
- Updated theme options
- New portfolio features
- Orbit slider added
- Post slider update
- Updated contact form
- Many bug fixes
Update from October 3:
- Updated functions.php file to call jquery from WordPress.
- File formats changed to eliminate upload conflicts on some servers.
Check out some great sites already running on BigCity theme:
- Unlimited Colors for Almost Every Element With Big City you can easily make theme truly yours, we give you full freedom changing theme style as you like.
- User-defined Text Color and Font Size Define text colors for content or headings in every area.
- Custom Bacgrounds Upload any backgrond you want, you can upload it easily in two levels or just set color with colorpicker.
- Customizable content area background If you really want something different it is up to you, customize everything like we promissed.
- Custom Notification Settings Customize notification messages for pages like 404 error, contact page and others.
- Custom Text or Translation in Option Panel We understand how multinational our community is and we give possibility to enter custom text or translation for WordPress strings in our Option Panel.
- Everything Done Easily in Theme Options Panel Everything you need can be accessed and customized in our Option Panel. We made it really simple and understandable to end user. Our Option Panel is made to make things easy for you and not to make it difficult to navigate through tons of unnecessary options.
- 12 page layouts plus special pages like 404 and search Layouts include:
- Default – full width page with no header
- Full width+ Header – full width page with header
- Left sidebar+ Header – page with left sidebar and header
- Right sidebar+ Header – page with left sidebar and header
- Left sidebar – page with left sidebar and no header
- Right sidebar – page with right sidebar and no header
- Portfolio one column
- Portfolio two column
- Portfolio three column
- Portfolio four column
- Contacts – page with integrated Google maps and right sidebar
- Blog – blog page with sidebar and post slider
(Tuesday, December 13, 2011 at 5:40 PM EST) WordPress 3.3 compatibility update v.2.0 1. BigCity Child Theme added for customisations. 2. Post slider now also displays headings in excerpt mode. 3. Left sidebar bug from v.1.4 fixed. v.1.4 1. Comments enabled for portfolio items. 2. Main content is now placed before sidebar in the code to allow Search Engines and social network applications read it first. 3. Preview style main slider buttons added as default. 4. Tag page displays full content. 5.. Bug fixes: submenu hover fix for active items; Google Maps script fix and couple of minor bugs fixed. v.1.3 1. Now guests can publish posts, without registration - achieved with only one shortcode. Choose from various post statuses e.g. published, pending etc. 2. Horizontal menu option added. Just move custom menu widget into header widget area. 3. Search, category, archives pages improved. 4. Minor pager bug fixed when having large amount of posts on page. 5. Some widget improvements. v.1.2 1. Improved user manual and troubleshooting section added. 2. New post shortcodes added. Now you can have selected category post excerpts with full formatting and read more buttons. 3. One click slider settings. 4. New category page, with primary sidebar. 5. Post slider now works with empty excerpt value. 6. Author box bug fixed when changing box colors. 7. Widget header pattern remains when color is changed. 8. Comments widget in footer is now displayed properly 9. More tweaks to logo scaling 10. Next previous buttons fix for home slider 11. Updated content XML file 12. Sortable portfolio, choose categories to show on your portfolio page, just enter category name. v.1.1 1. Author box added to the blog post. 2. Visually improved category,archive and search page results and paging added. 3. Improved logo and header section positioning and scaling, now logo of any size is located right way. 4. Bug fixed that caused problems with some plugins which created own dashboard menus.