1. Can BuddyPress be expanded to include video, audio and picture sharing. In addition, can members be visible on the front page?
I wanted to Feature BuddyPress on the Home Page.
2. Can you change to the titles for Causes to something else because we are not nonprofit at this time, pending. We also do not want use Donations, because we do not want to mislead any donors into thinking its tax-deductible.
Thank you for your response.
1) I can’t say for sure, there are some plugins like https://wordpress.org/plugins/buddypress-media/ for such purpose but you should test it out on a free theme first, see if it works as you need it.
As for BuddyPress on the homepage, there’s no option for that at the moment.
2) Yes, the titles can be changed.
Hello, where can I see the documentation?
When you unpack the zip you got from Themeforest you’ll see the “Documentation” folder.
I would like to see how the images are set up beforehand.
There’s also an online documentation, you can check it out here
how do i comment out “There are no causes. Go to WP admin ? Posts ? Add New. You can read more about creating blog posts in the Documentation.”
we have no “causes”. we just take donations via paypal
Replace the code in template-donate.php with this code
THANKS A MILLION!!!
hi, i bought this great theme.
1. how can i make the slider image smaller
2. can i have categores when it comes, causes, events, shop
1) In Theme Options > Slider, you’ll see “Slides Height”, by default it’s 570 ( pixels ), you can lower it down there. After you do that you need to install and run a plugin called Regenerate Thumbnails for WordPress to create the new resized versions.
2) Causes and shop ( products ) have categories. The Events do not.
Adding categories to events is not hard, you can send over a message about that via the contact form on profile page and we’ll assist.
As for front-end content creation by users, either a plugin or hiring someone to do a custom implementation. There’s some plugins mentioned here but haven’t tested them.
Do you have instructions to setup the slider just like in the Demo? I didn’t see any instructions in the documentation.
Go to WP admin > Appearance > Theme Options > Slider.
That’s where you can add slides.
Click “Add New”, fill in the details and repeat for every other slide.
You can choose to show events, causes, blog posts as slides in there, that’s what we have set for slides in the demo. Or you could choose the “Custom” slide and add title, description and image manually.
The Revolution Slider isn’t working at all. It is supposed to display two images with text, but it only shows one image and no text on any of them. Plus, the arrows don’t work. I don’t know if this issue could be caused because of the theme or the plugin. The plugin author doesn’t want to provide any support at all and meanwhile my site looks absolutely terrible. Please help me fix this issue, I love the theme but this really messes up the home page aesthetically.
Just answered on the support forum. http://danyduchaine.com/forum/topic/4380/slider-not-working
how do i activate prettyphoto for images like your examples? thanx
Sorry for the wait, weekend got in the way.
For the slider? Like on this page of the demo?
That’s a shortcode.
Hi Dany, i use your theme for since 2013 and want to know if it is compatible with the last version of wordpress (4.2.2). Atualmente uso a versao 4.1 e quero atualizar para 4.2.2, should i? Thanks and regards!
Yes, all works fine. If you do run into something let me know and it’ll be sorted out.
Hey Dany, I’m very interested in purchasing your Biosphere – Environmental & Charity theme. Thing is, I’ve never worked with a “premium” theme before, I’ve always adjusted the code of existing ones to suit my needs. But this one has some options that are very nifty for my cause. So I have a few questions.
- can I change any colour, header and picture I want in the theme layout, either in code or in some kind of application, if I install this theme?
- just to check-recheck, blog option is included right?
- hand logo also adjustable, I suppose?
- and I second the compatibility question since I, too, run 4.2.2…
Yes, stupid questions, maybe… but like I said it’s gonna be my first premium and I just want to make sure it’s fully customizable to my needs before I purchase it!
Thanks for your fantastic work and have a nice day!
1) There are no options for changing styling ( like colors of text and such ), but I assume you’re familiar with CSS so you won’t have any troubles changing the colors with code.
2) Yeah, that’s teh “News” section on the demo.
3) The logo is just an image, you can upload your own in the theme options panel.
4) Yeah, it runs in the latest version of WP. If there are any issues in the upcoming ones those will be sorted out of course.
Of course, if you have any other questions feel free to ask
I have a question, can I change or edit the default language of the buttons?
I mean, buttons like “view all”, I would like to change it for “Ver todo” in spanish.
The textual strings in the theme are localized, so you can use the usual translation methods to change those. Here’s a good tutorial on translating a WP theme.
Hi Dany, just a quick Q on events, on the events page it is not showing the date as it does on the demo.. Any ideas?
Yeah, it’s a little bug. I see you’ve made some coding changes in there so I assume you’re comfortable with code changes and can handle this one.
In templates/events.php on line 72 you’ll see:
<div class="event-date"><span class="icon-calendar" /><?php ; ?></div>
It’s supposed to be:
<div class="event-date"><span class="icon-calendar" /><?php echo $event_date; ?></div>
Is there a way to assign a different menu for mobile than our 3 columns? We have too many submenu options in our 3 columns so I just want to have the main section display on the menu for mobile. If not, maybe we can hide the submenu options if the browser is 600px or less?
Thanks for your help,
The submenu can be removed by changing a few lines in the code, are you comfortable with code changes?
In header.php on lines 164, 184, 204 you’ll see:
$mobile_nav_output .= '<option value="'.$url.'" '.$nav_selected.'> - '.$title.'</option>';
Removing that will remove sub menu items in the mobile menu.
Thank you. After I removed those lines from the header.php, it did remove some of the submenu items but not all of them. It removed all of the submenu links to pages but not the submenu custom links. For instance, one of the main menu links is “Events” and the submenu items link to individual events on a different website – so the menu item is a custom link.
Did some research and seems there’s no easy way to only get top level items when there are custom URL menu items.
The best solution here would be as you originally mentioned to have a separate menu for mobile.
It involves quite a few lines to be removed and then new ones added so I’ll help out with that. You can send over WP admin and FTP info via the contact form on our profile page. Mention what is it about in the message, for reference.
Hi Danny firstly I love the theme… secondly is the rainbow hand logo something you created? I have a specific reason for asking in that it’s actually a brilliant metaphor for a new movement I am getting off the ground “Rainbow Saturday”. I gave a TEDx talk about it here…
If it is stock imagery could you tell me where I can get it from please? If it’s yours would you consider ‘donating’ the use of it for us to use as our logo? We’d use it within your theme of course
Thanks, happy to hear that.
As for the logo, it’s not ours. It’s available on GraphicRiver, http://graphicriver.net/item/kindergarten-logo-template/708418
Hello! I’ve tried to install this theme, but it doesn’t work and I keep getting this error message: the package could not be installed. the theme is missing the style.css stylesheet
Could you please help me with this?
The package you have is not just the theme, it’s also documentation, PSD and license.
Unpack that zip file and inside you’ll see a folder called “WP” and in it “biosphere.zip” that’s the installable theme file.
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users are not charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.
Why buy with Envato
Use, by you or one client, in a single end product which end users can be charged for. The total price includes the item price and a buyer fee.