If you’re using or considering purchasing Black Aperture, you may want to take a look at my new theme Conduit. It has a similar visual style, and is backwards compatible with Black Aperture. Meaning, your reviews will be in tact.
Black Aperture is an all-in-one news and reviews theme specifically catered to video games.
- WordPress menu for the main navigation.
- Standard featured images (post thumbnails), with fall-back custom field method for images.
- Unique featured posts showcase requires minimal effort to take advantage of.
- Nivo Slider bundled (since version 1.7) for alternate featured posts presentation.
- Dynamic image resizing for various thumbnails used through-out the theme. Upload once, and see the image used all over in different sizes and aspect ratios.
- Custom built Theme Options panel within WP-Admin that allows you to customize the theme without editing any templates. Change the accent colour used in the nav and headings using a colour picker, switch from 3 columns to 2 by selecting a checkbox, construct the main navigation bar, and even manage ads.
- Default 3 column layout can be changed to 2 (removes left sidebar) from WP-Admin.
- Both sidebars are widgetized.
- Custom widgets for the 3 main ad spots, along with a recent posts list.
- Change the logo to plain text (which makes use of the Blog Title and Tagline settings) or replace it with your own image without touching any code.
- Custom CSS area in Theme Options which allow you to override CSS without manually editing templates.
- Super lean markup and CSS , makes advanced customization a pleasure.
- Tested on Windows and Mac. Looks great in all modern browsers. Some details are toned down for older versions of IE, but nothing is broken.
- Support for Subscribe to Comments, Twitter Tools, and WP-PageNavi plugins out of the box.
Version 1.8 – Released: 06/25/2012
- Fixed a bug which prevented Nivo Slider from installing properly; plugin activation scripted needed updated.
- Changed how Nivo Slider is included, so it’s no longer dependent on the slug. The slider ID must now be entered in Theme Options.
- Updated Twitter button in the header with new Twitter bird icon.
- Changed aspect ratio of post thumbnails to match those in the featured posts.
- Aligned post thumbnails to the left of post content when Hide Left Sidebar is enabled.
- Added navigation links for multi-page posts.
- Updated bundled TimThumb to version 2.8.10.
Version 1.7 – Released: 02/24/2012
- NEW Nivo Slider bundled for alternate featured posts presentation.
- NEW Google+ button added to social buttons in the header.
- NEW Custom CSS area added to Theme Options for quick and easy style modifications, without having to edit templates.
- Social buttons in the header have been redrawn and are much more precise and sharp.
- Removed search from navigation area in order to provide more room for sub-menus. Search widget can be added to the right sidebar, and is styled to match the theme.
- Post thumbnails on indexes are 80% bigger.
- Fixed a bug where in some cases the logo would link to the current page, instead of the homepage.
- Replaced deprecated functions through-out.
- Updated bundled TimThumb to version 2.8.8.
Support & Feature Requests
First – read the help documentation that came bundled with the theme. It is also available on the theme’s live preview site.
Please send me a direct message via ThemeForest if you’re having trouble with your theme, and I will do my best to get back to you as soon as possible. Please be patient, as I work freelance full time and do not have dedicated time for theme support. I will not answer support requests left as comments here.
Also, it would be a good idea to a read through my Terms of Support document, which outlines the extent of support I offer, and information regarding updates, warranty, and compatibility.