BlackGinger is a single-page HTML5 site template built to showcase mobile applications. One-page site templates provide an exceptional user experience and allow you to better control the user’s behavior as they view your site.
The template is entirely made with HTML5, CSS3 and jQuery. No PHP was used in the creation of the template, so you won’t need any PHP server (or skills) in order to use it. To provide the best user experience on modern browsers, we use HTML5, CSS3 and jQuery with fallbacks for old browsers, so that the design degrades gracefully when viewed on your grandmother’s Packard Bell Pentium Pro.
Built to sell
BlackGinger is optimized to sell your product: there is a main call to action at the top that’s repeated after the features section. The fixed navigation is intuitive and accessible, making it easy for visitors to jump from one section to another. This control of the user’s behavior allows you to keep them focused on the sales funnel.
In order to keep things simple (the more you complicate the selling process, the fewer people will buy) we’ve provided a pricing table that’s designed for 3 different options. We’ve also included a testimonial block at the very top of the page to help you show potential buyers just how much your existing users love you. The testimonial block uses a rotator so that you can display more than one quote per page-load.
What’s in it?
BlackGinger’s first phone features a nifty image slider to displaying various images or screenshots in context – in other words, people don’t have to imagine what your app will look like, it’s right there in front of them when the page loads.
The fixed navigation system makes sure that visitors are never more than one click away from any section of your page and there’s a set of icons included so that you’ll be armed from the get-go with the right icon for the right situation.
How fast does it load?
A question many buyers are asking. Maybe you are too? The answer is: fast! We built a super-optimized theme! BlackGinger rank as high as 98/100 at Google PageSpeed. but don’t take my word for it, check it out by yourself : BlackGinger PageSpeed
- The theme uses Google Maps Image API: showing up your location map has never been that easy!
- It is optimized for PageSpeed (score of 98 / 100 at Google Page Speed): no slow loading for your visitors who could get impatient. We using CSS Sprite to achieve these results.
- W3C compliant and cross-browser: whatever the browser, all visitors will enjoy a smooth and pleasant navigation.
- It is optimized for SEO: your natural ranking is in good hands (but don’t forget some good content ;)).
- Microformats are implanted in the contact section: you will stand out in local searches!
- Browser History Support: you can use previous and next buttons in any browser
- Bookmarkable URL: you can bookmark any of the sections.
- Scripts loaded asynchronously: asynchronously load (via Modernizr.load) offers a small boost in performance by loading scripts asynchronously and in parallel.
- 2014-12-19: Fix and improve the mail function
- 2014-12-19: Add gitignore
- 2014-12-19: Remove .htaccess as it’s designed to work with Apache only.
- 2014-12-19: Remove icon packs (should be a resource folder, not in the site itself!)
- 2014-12-19: Remove test stuff
- 2014-12-19: Make form validation & Ajax compatible
- 2014-12-19: Make textarea required
- 2014-12-19: Also find required textareas…
- 2014-12-19: Remove the version with the working form and use AJAX instead
- 2014-12-19: Update theme credits
- 2014-12-19: Replace sample links with actual links (to avoid jump to top)
- 2014-12-19: Clean HTML & JS code
- 2014-12-19: Remove unused / outdated plugins
- 2014-12-19: Remove IE7 compatibility
- 2014-12-19: Add links to our social networks
- 2014-12-19: Proper indentation & Update Modernizr path
- 2014-12-19: Update Modernizr from 2.5.3 to 2.8.3
- 2014-12-19: Improve HTML5 validation fallback (only load jquery.validate when required)
- 2014-12-19: Update paths to plugins
- 2014-12-19: Move plugins into vendor folder
- 2014-12-19: Update jQuery plugins
- 2014-12-19: Update jQuery to 1.11.1
- 2012-06-23: Added the PHP version with working form.
- 2012-06-03: Corrected a bug in jQuery fallback loading. Script path was wrong.