Blocs is a clean, responsive html email template great for newsletters, catalogs, marketing, and announcements. Blocs includes six prebuilt templates, each with seven color options. In addition to standard HTML templates Blocs includes special versions for Campaign Monitor and MailChimp.
Blocs has been built from the ground up to look great on a large screen, all the way down to mobile. Resize your browser window or click the resize icons in the live preview to see it in action.
- Responsive Design – Looks great on large screens, tablets and smartphones.
- Retina Ready. Includes retina graphics and icons.
- Litmus tested in over 30 browsers, devices, and mail clients.
- 42 HTML Email Templates (Seven Colors, Six Layouts).
- Modular Design – Copy and Paste content blocks to create custom layouts.
- Clean, commented markup.
- Full Layout PSD and retina graphics PSD.
- Documentation covers template editing, Campaign Monitor, MailChimp and more.
The included Documentation contains step by step instructions for modifying or creating your own templates and uploading to Campaign Monitor and MailChimp.
Campaign Monitor & Support
Blocs includes special template files to take full advantage of Campaign Monitor visual editor tags for easy editing and full control over order and placement of content blocks.
This theme includes support for basic MailChimp merge tags. Edit text and images. Show, hide, and duplicate content blocks.
These templates have been tested with Litmus in all the major online and desktop email clients as well as major browsers. Mobile tested on Android, iPhone, and iPad. Blocs can be sent out via email programs or online services which support importing/editing HTML code (these include Constant Contact, iContact, Mozilla Thunderbird and many others).
Ticket uses media queries to display properly on tablets and smart phones. The Gmail App for iOS and Android does not support media queries as a result some mobile features of Ticket will not work properly on Gmail for iOS or Android.
Outlook does not support background images, a solid background color will be shown instead.
Compatible Email Client List
Blocs has been tested using Litmus with the following clients.
- Android 2.3
- Android 4
- Kindle Fire
- Apple Mail 4
- Apple Mail 5
- Apple Mail 6
- Live Mail
- Lotus Notes 8
- Lotus Notes 8.5
- Outlook 2003
- Outlook 2007 (Does not support background images.)
- Outlook 2010 (Does not support background images.)
- Outlook 2011 for Mac
- Outlook 2013 (Does not support background images.)
- Outlook Express
- Thunderbird 13
- Windows Mail
- Fixed – Alignment issue with the mobile Gmail Web app.
- Fixed – Incorrect color on Navy MailChimp version of the template.
- Enhanced – Documentation now addresses MailChimps handling of Retina Images.
- Fixed – Broken tags in Campaign Monitor version of the template.
- Tweaked – Replaced ChangeLog with Version History in Template Documentation.
- Fixed – Broken link in Template Documentation
- Cleaned Up – Unnecessary text and tags in MailChimp version of the template.
- First Release!
- Icons – FontAwesome
- Logo Font – PT Sans
- Customer Logos – Logo Instant
- Placeholder Images:
- Giant’s Causeway by Jennifer Boyer
- Hot Air Balloons by anieto2k
- Miscanti Lagoon by Trodel
- Conners Hill by Trodel
- Misty Mountains by paraflyer
- Nestled in the Mountains by Nomadic Lass
- Epic Landscape by Nomadic Lass
- Take me to the edge and back by kennymatic
- Flowers in the Wind by photophilde
- Hello Summer, its been a while by Zach Dischner
- Mountain by Gordon Tarpley
- Mt. Rainier by paraflyer
Updates, Feedback, and Support
I am always looking ways to improve and update my work. If you have an idea or suggestion on how I might enhance (new element, additional service supported, bug fix) this theme or any of my others, just send me a message via my support email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Send any support requests to my support email at email@example.com. I try to check item comments daily, but I can respond more quickly via email.
Version HistoryVersion 1.4 – September 8, 2014
I’ve used the following images, fonts, icons or other files as listed. If you would like to use one of them please see the below links.