Bloq 1.3 was just released, and it’s a recommended update! These are some of the highlights:
- Custom grid layouts for photosets: check out this post.
- Endless scrolling. Visit the Light Demo to see it in action.
- Featured projects, with a Swiper powered slider and custom cover images.
- jQuery Zoom for really large images (single photos and photoset stacked layouts only).
- History implementation with Sammy.js.
- Code syntax highlighting with over forty style themes.
- Facebook comments.
Read the complete changelog here: http://goo.gl/IER4FN
BLOQ is an stylish, blocky portfolio theme for designers and creatives. It features two different layout modes, a filterable portfolio grid, a touch optimized image slider, dark and light preset skins to get you started, and much more!
To learn more about the theme, please check the Online Documentation.
- Responsive layout—your portfolio looks great on phones, tablets and desktops.
- Retina ready—BLOQ uses a combination of HTML5 canvas drawings and webfont icons, looking great on any device and specially on high density displays.
- Custom image logo—optionally with hover state and high resolution variations.
- Touch optimized homepage slider—BLOQ uses swipe.js, the most accurate touch slider. You can upload up to five images with their own caption and URL.
- Unique portfolio grid with two different layout modes: Masonry and Segmented Rows. The last one is similar to the way Tumblr displays photosets natively
- Dynamically load the next set of portfolio projects on the homepage with Ajax.
- Ajaxified portfolio filter.
- Ajaxified permalinks—load your project’s description without leaving the homepage.
- Homepage Hero and Call-to-Action, to display a welcome message for your visitors and grab your users attention.
- Collapsible widget area: the widget area on top can be toggled and re-positions to the right side on smaller screens.
- Twitter, Flickr, Dribbble and Instagram feeds.
- Support for the following Tumblr post types: text, photo, photoset, quote, link, chat, audio, and video.
- Google Web Fonts for site-wide headings.
- Social icons: Behance, deviantArt, Dribbble, Facebook, Flickr, Google+, Instagram, LastFM, LinkedIn, MySpace, Picasa, Pinterest, SoundCloud, Twitter, Vimeo, YouTube.
- Support for Disqus commenting system.
- Easy Google Analytics implementation.
- Support for user created pages.
- Ask and Submit enabled.
- Chock-full of options—all colors can be changed from the customization sidebar
- Comprehensive documentation.
v1.3.5 March 25, 2014
- Fix: Fixed gaps between thumbnails in Masonry layout. Improved thumbnail sizing.
- Fix: Thumbnail image opacity is applied correctly now.
- Fix: Prevent slider from firing when only one slide is present.
v1.3.4 March 20, 2014
- Fix: Social icons SoundCloud URL.
v1.3.3 March 18, 2014
- New: Option for thumbnails to use headings font family (“Thumbnails Use Headings Font Family”).
- Fix: Resolved a conflict with jQuery Zoom and photosets.
- CSS: Removed “backface-visibility” from asides CSS rules.
v1.3.2 March 08, 2014
- Fix: Fill unsightly gaps between thumbs when using the “Rows” layout on the grid.
- Fix: Endless scrolling re-triggered itself after posts were loaded sometimes.
v1.3.1 February 27, 2014
- Fix: Loading posts with Ajax would throw an error when the portfolio filter was disabled.
- Fix: Scrolling improvements when opening/closing the Ajax expander.
- Fix: Clean up utility tags from project descriptions.
v1.3.0 February 26, 2014
- Complete rewrite of the underlying code and very minor restyling.
- New: Optional infinite/endless scrolling.
- New: History implementation with Sammy.js – App state recall using the URL hash (#).
- New: Optional cover images for Text, Quote and Link posts.
- New: Featured projects and Featured Projects Swiper.
- New: Optional custom grid layouts for photosets.
- New: Custom photoset image lightbox.
- New: Optional featured image for photosets (display first image on the set only on the grid).
- New: jQuery Zoom for really large images (single photos and photosets stacked layout only).
- New: Option for equal column widths on project details.
- New: Options to set header heights (normal and compact).
- New: Optional text based logo.
- New: Code syntax highlighting with over forty style themes.
- New: Scroll to top button.
- New: Added Email social icon.
- New: Option to hide the “permalink” button on the Ajax expander.
- New: Disqus comments are now available on the Ajax expander.
- New: Optionally display Facebook comments.
- New: Collapsible panels for comments and notes.
- Fix: Retina logo on Chrome for iOS.
- Misc: Bloq now uses SVG for icons instead of HTML canvas and webfonts.
- Misc: Use CSS3 transforms and transition whenever possible.
v1.2.0 September 12, 2013
- New: Option to set layout for permalink pages (project details) globally (left, right, or fullwidth media).
- New: Built-in Google Fonts options for main body text.
- New: Ability to visually hide individual posts from the portfolio grid.
v1.1.1 September 10, 2013
- Fix: Fixed loading more post with Ajax on ‘tagged’ pages.
- Fix: Better behaviour of portfolio filter on ‘tagged’ pages.
- New: Google Web Font option for ‘Call-to-Action’ and ‘Homepage Hero’ blocks.
- New: Options to specify Google Web Font script subset (like Cyrillic and Greek, for example).
- New: Options to hide the Slider, ‘Call-to-Action’ and ‘Homepage Hero’ blocks on ‘tagged’ pages.
- Fix: fixes Twitter Widget timestamp on Internet Explorer.
v1.1.0 July 09, 2013
- New: “Previous” and “Next” arrows to navigate between projects.
- New: “Previous post” and “Next post” buttons on project permalinks.
- New: “Like” button on project details Share box.
- New: Option to show text based toggle for searchform instead of icon.
- New: Typography helper classes (“align-left”, “align-right”, etc.)
- Minor CSS improvements.
v1.0.4 June 21, 2013
- Added “Use Wide Thumbnails On Mobile” option.
- Fixes for a rendering bug in webkit browsers.
- Fix for off-canvas sidebar not showing when changing orientation on the iPad.
v1.0.3 May 11, 2013
- Fixes some glitches when scrolling the site on Mobile Safari (iPhone/iPad).
- Improved smooth scrolling when opening/closing project details.
- Better handling of “retina” logo images. CSS rewrite to fix some logo display glitches on Mobile Safari.
- Fixes an issue when embedding videos from certain sources, such as CNN.
v1.0.2 May 06, 2013
- Fixes and improvements for the Ajax portfolio filter.
- Correct color coding of thumbnails overlays when using categories containing more than a single word.
- Add optional jQuery fallback for the filter for blogs displayed in non-western languages.
v1.0.1 April 18, 2013
- Fix an issue when the Ajax portfolio filter wouldn’t work when using a custom domain name for the tumblog.
- Add option to hide the top widget area entirely.
- Add missing sections to the documentation.
v1.0 April 16, 2013
- Initial release
Click here for a list of the resources used in the making of this theme.